Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX determine the physical size of the hard disk Post 302145448 by hoffies on Wednesday 14th of November 2007 07:41:14 AM
Old 11-14-2007
determine the physical size of the hard disk

Hi

is there a cmd in hpux 11 to determine the physical size of the hard disk.

not bdf command.

i have searched the other threads here but cant find an answer.

thank you guys

Last edited by hoffies; 11-14-2007 at 08:56 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

physical volume and physical disk.

Hello, I need explanations about physical disks and physical volumes. What is the difference between these 2 things? In fact, i am trying to understand what the AIX lspv2command does. Thank you in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VeroL
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 - How to find the total size of my hard disk?

Friends, I have an 80 GB HDD, but I wish to know if there is a direct command in Solaris 10 to find out the size of my hard disk (similar to fdisk -l in Linux). Thank you saagar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
3 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Does vmstat -d give a count of actual physical writes/reads done to/from hard disk?

Hi, I am trying to find the reliability of 'vmstat -d' for showing the actual physical writes on sectors on hard disk. Can anyone please tell me if the numbers in the "sectors" field under "read" or "write" headers show a count of the actual write commands sent to disk from the low level... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jake24
2 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How do I check 4 physical damaged on Linux hard disks?

How do I check for physical damage on red hat linux hard disks? I tried smartctl /dev/sdb but it came back so fast saying it was ok. Is there a better linux command to check for bad sectors or physical disks in linux? Is there a good way such as with parted or something else? I normally in HP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: taekwondo
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris sun4v - how do you determine physical RAM?

I have a Sun T5120, and I want to programmatically determine how much RAM it has. # uname -a SunOS myhost 5.10 Generic_141444-09 sun4v sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T5120 The box has 64Gb; I tried prtdiag and prtconf, but they give me bogus info prtconf gives me: # prtconf |grep -i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomn8r
12 Replies

6. Linux

C++ Code to Access Linux Hard Disk Sectors (with a LoopBack Virtual Hard Disk)

Hi all, I'm kind of new to programming in Linux & c/c++. I'm currently writing a FileManager using Ubuntu Linux(10.10) for Learning Purposes. I've got started on this project by creating a loopback device to be used as my virtual hard disk. After creating the loop back hard disk and mounting it... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: shen747
23 Replies

7. AIX

How to determine the physical volume fo the disks

This is the report I got running the comand rptconf, but I would like to know what is the capacity of the disks installed into our server power 6 with AIX System Model: IBM,7778-23X Machine Serial Number: 1066D5A Processor Type: PowerPC_POWER6 Processor Implementation Mode: POWER 6... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cucosss
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display total hard disk size?

Hi, Using Redhat, how do I display total hard disk size? I know how to do that in Solaris, you can type, format. It will show how big the disks are. This is what I did so for. $ df -t ext3 -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samnyc
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Physical disk IO size smaller than fragment block filesystem size ?

Hello, in one default UFS filesystem we have 8K block size (bsize) and 1K fragmentsize (fsize). At this scenary I thought all "FileSytem IO" will be 8K (or greater) but never smaller than the fragment size (1K). If a UFS fragment/blocksize is allwasy several ADJACENTS sectors on disk (in a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rarino2
4 Replies

10. Solaris

T5220 How to determine physical memory installed?

Hi, looking to upgrade memory on a pair of T5220's from 32GB to 64GB. Cannot determine current DIMM size and slots used. i.e. not sure if Qty 16 x 2GB or Qty 8 x 4GB. If there are no empty slots, i need to go with higher density DIMMs and retire exsisting the 2GB prtdiag follows. #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: edrew
3 Replies
bdf(1M) 																   bdf(1M)

NAME
bdf - report number of free disk blocks (Berkeley version) SYNOPSIS
type [filesystem|file] ... ] DESCRIPTION
The command displays the amount of free disk space available either on the specified filesystem for example) or on the file system in which the specified file (such as is contained. If no file system is specified, the free space on all of the normally mounted file systems is printed. The reported numbers are in kilobytes. Options The command recognizes the following options: Display information regarding file system swapping. Report the number of used and free inodes. Display information for local file systems only (for example, HFS and CDFS file systems). Do not sync the file system data on the disk before reporting the usage. Note that the data reported by may not be up to date. Report on the file systems of a given type (for example, or RETURN VALUE
The command returns 0 on success (able to get status on all file systems), or returns 1 on failure (unable to get status on one or more file systems). WARNINGS
If file system names are too long, the output for a given entry is displayed on two lines. The command does not account for any disk space reserved for swap space, or used for the HFS boot block (8 KB, 1 per file system), HFS superblocks (8 KB each, 1 per disk cylinder), HFS cylinder group blocks (1 KB - 8 KB each, 1 per cylinder group), and inodes (currently 128 bytes reserved for each inode). Non-HFS file systems may have other items not accounted for by this command. AUTHOR
was developed by the University of California, Berkeley. FILES
Static information about the file systems. Mounted file system table. File system devices. SEE ALSO
df(1M), fstab(4), mnttab(4). bdf(1M)