Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help wid C-script in tcsh
Top Forums Programming help wid C-script in tcsh Post 302145365 by mahendrakamath on Wednesday 14th of November 2007 03:22:10 AM
Old 11-14-2007
MySQL

EUREKA! THANX A LOT PORTER!
THOUGH I MIGHT NEED TO DELVE DEEPER INTO
'int main(int argc,char **argv)'
I SHALL READ ON IT FURTHER.
THANX AGAIN!Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to fork voice wid text???

hello... i am working in LINUX on a client/server voice communication project!!! so far i am done wid compiling code for reading/playin sound card and also sending text from server to client. now i need ur help in using fork() though i do have basic concept about fork but i need detail help in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TAM
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to call a perl script from tcsh?

Hi I am not sure how to call a perl script from a tcsh shell. do i need to set any environment variables? your help is appreciated Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megastar
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me with this tcsh script.!!!!

I need to write a tcsh script which would compare files in the two folders and then send me a mail saying which of the files are missing.For eg 1) I have this folder1 containing all the files which must land on folder2 on a daily basis. 2) If a file is present in folder1 but not in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarsaravana_s
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh I can't get script to work :(

I have an export utility that exports documents from the native file to text. This is the way I would run it from the command line: expage "file" > "file.txt I am trying to loop through all the documents in the directory and expage them, here is the code: #!/usr/bin/env tcsh foreach file... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fred Goldman
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with gawk array, loop in tcsh script

Hi, I'm trying to break a large csv file into smaller files and use unique values for the file names. The shell script i'm using is tcsh and i'm after a gawk one-liner to get the desired outcome. To keep things simple I have the following example with the desired output. fruitlist.csv apples... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: theflamingmoe
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh env setting using shell script

Hi All, I have made a file file usercreate.sh & it has to run in tcsh env & needs some path to be set. my script is as below. ########################## #!/bin/csh setenv PATH "/usr/lib/java/class" setenv LD_LIBRARAY_PATH ########################### but when i am ruuning my script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
1 Replies

7. Linux

Execution problem wid mpstat command

mpstat -P ALL 1 10 it results.. 08:05:54 PM CPU %user %nice %sys %iowait %irq %soft %steal %idle intr/s 08:05:55 PM all 0.00 0.00 0.49 0.00 0.49 0.00 0.00 99.02 1024.75 08:05:55 PM 0 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.99 0.00 0.00 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pritesh_patil
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in tcsh script

Hi All, I wrote a tcsh script, but being a beginner it took me lots of efforts and on top of that I am still struggling with little modifications here and there. kindly have a loop. Line1 : I want it to run maximum of "Max" Which I am providing outside loop. So how the "for" should be... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrjrasaxena
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tcsh complete (autocomplete) script

I cant figure out how the complete function works in tcsh. 1. I whould like it to complete after writing my_program.py with either start or stop. I have tried to do something like this in .cshrc.user: complete my_program.py \ 'c/start/' \ 'c/stop/' However i cant get it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mr_cad
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expressions in tcsh script

Hi, I have a shell script in tcsh to which I pass an argument, the length of which can vary. The possible values of the argument are the letters -c,s,i,q,a. and also a combination of these letters. (e.g: cs,si,ca,iq,qa,csq,acs,csia ..etc). The order of the letters does not matter. My problem... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaisakh P
2 Replies
isaexec(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 					       isaexec(3C)

NAME
isaexec - invoke isa-specific executable SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> int isaexec(const char *path, char *const argv[], char *const envp[]); DESCRIPTION
The isaexec() function takes the path specified as path and breaks it into directory and file name components. It enquires from the running system the list of supported instruction set architectures; see isalist(5). The function traverses the list for an executable file in named subdirectories of the original directory. When such a file is located, execve() is invoked with argv[] and envp[]. See exec(2). RETURN VALUES
If no file is located, isaexec() returns ENOENT. Other return values are the same as for execve(). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Example of isaexec() function. On a system whose isalist is sparcv7 sparc the program int main(int argc, char *argv[], char *envp[]) { return (isaexec("/bin/thing", argv, envp)); } will look first for an executable file named /bin/sparcv7/thing, then for an executable file named /bin/sparc/thing. It will invoke execve() on the first executable file it finds named thing. On that same system, a program called /u/bin/tofu can cause either /u/bin/sparcv7/tofu or /u/bin/sparc/tofu to be invoked using the follow- ing code: int main(int argc, char *argv[], char *envp[]) { return (isaexec(getexecname(), argv, envp)); } ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
exec(2), getexecname(3C), attributes(5), isalist(5) SunOS 5.10 20 Mar 1998 isaexec(3C)