Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting "sed" to check file size & echo " " to destination file Post 302145307 by porter on Tuesday 13th of November 2007 07:24:03 PM
Old 11-13-2007
Then it would help to know how you intend to use sed.

What does the output from "ls -ld /var/log/messages" look like?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

To give the "unzip" permissions & "create" file permissions

Hi, I am a Unix Admin. I have to give the permissions to a user for creating new file in a directory in HP-Ux 11.11 system since he cannot able to create a new file in the directory. Thanks in advance. Mike (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike1234
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to change the file with "sed" and "awk"

Hi experts I want your help to change the file format to my wanted version, please give me a hand thanks $cat file install pass make os pass make build kernel failed usb storage pass chane to | *install* | *make os* | *make build kernel* | *usb storage* | | pass | pass... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

6. SuSE

Difference in file size between "ls -l" and "du -a"

mail:/var/lib/named/proc # ls -l |grep kcore -r-------- 1 root root 140737486266368 Jun 3 19:47 kcore mail:/var/lib/named/proc # du -a |grep kcore 0 ./kcore System is SuSE 11.2 SP1. The system appears to run correctly, and the output of df -v shows the correct disk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jgt
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the strings beween 2 characters "/" & "/" in .txt file

Hi all. I have a .txt file that I need to sort it My file is like: 1- 88 chain0 MASTER (FF-TE) FFFF 1962510 /TCK T FD2TQHVTT1 /jtagc/jtag_instreg/updateinstr_reg_1 dff1 (TI,SO) 2- ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Behrouzx77
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

10. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
IPSEC_BARF(8)							  [FIXME: manual]						     IPSEC_BARF(8)

NAME
ipsec_barf - spew out collected IPsec debugging information SYNOPSIS
ipsec barf [--short --maxlines <100>] DESCRIPTION
Barf outputs (on standard output) a collection of debugging information (contents of files, selections from logs, etc.) related to the IPsec encryption/authentication system. It is primarily a convenience for remote debugging, a single command which packages up (and labels) all information that might be relevant to diagnosing a problem in IPsec. The --short option limits the length of the log portion of barf's output, which can otherwise be extremely voluminous if debug logging is turned on. --maxlines <100> option sets the length of some bits of information, currently netstat -rn. Useful on boxes where the routing table is thousands of lines long. Default is 100. Barf censors its output, replacing keys and secrets with brief checksums to avoid revealing sensitive information. Beware that the output of both commands is aimed at humans, not programs, and the output format is subject to change without warning. Barf has to figure out which files in /var/log contain the IPsec log messages. It looks for KLIPS and general log messages first in messages and syslog, and for Pluto messages first in secure, auth.log, and debug. In both cases, if it does not find what it is looking for in one of those "likely" places, it will resort to a brute-force search of most (non-compressed) files in /var/log. FILES
/proc/net/* /var/log/* /etc/ipsec.conf /etc/ipsec.secrets HISTORY
Written for the Linux FreeS/WAN project <http://www.freeswan.org> by Henry Spencer. BUGS
Barf uses heuristics to try to pick relevant material out of the logs, and relevant messages which are not labelled with any of the tags that barf looks for will be lost. We think we've eliminated the last such case, but one never knows... Finding updown scripts (so they can be included in output) is, in general, difficult. Barf uses a very simple heuristic that is easily fooled. The brute-force search for the right log files can get expensive on systems with a lot of clutter in /var/log. [FIXME: source] 17 March 2002 IPSEC_BARF(8)