Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Ideas Please (File Sequencing) Post 302145292 by bcpkvh on Tuesday 13th of November 2007 04:06:45 PM
Old 11-13-2007
Cool idea, thanks, will give it some thought.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Ideas: 'select'ing file descriptors

Hey everyone, I'm writing a threaded database server application and need to communicate the results of several worker threads to a single multiplexed communication output thread. Basically, the communication output thread sits in a select statement waiting for its client sockets to dole out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DreamWarrior
2 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Any Ideas !!!!!!!!!!

Hi, I installed sybase server on a LINUX server. I assigen port 2025 whilst installation for sybase , later i uninstalled sybase and when i try to reinstall sybase and use port 2025 it throw up error saying that it is already in use, use other port number. How can I re-use the same port number... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suda
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

any ideas?

i need to compare to dates/times given in the format MMDDhhmmYY. That is month, day, hour, minute, year. It is a 24 hour clock. I need to compare two dates to check that they are, say, less than 900 seconds apart. I have got to a point where it checks the time, turns the values into seconds and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fwabbly
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Script that writes max lines of a file - Any ideas how to fix?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmiller99
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sliding window for sequencing data

Hi! I have some sequencing data that I have aligned using maq software Now, I have data that looks like this each line is a 'tag' chr1 10001 chr1 10002 chr1 10005 chr1 10007 chr1 10008 chr1 10008 chr1 10008 chr1 10019 chr1 10019 chr1 10020 What I really want to find out is how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: biobio
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help generating a script for next-generation sequencing data

I am not sure if this is entirely possible, but I want to compare data in a particular column in several .txt files and have a new file generated. I am a biologist with limited unix knowledge. There are currently no programs written for this type of analysis. First I would like to define the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kellywilliams
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

TCP Same Ack Sequencing for Two Packets

I was analyzing a TCP snoop. And found following scenario From Server to Client ---> SEQ 2993 ACK 1744 WIN 8192 LEN 13 From Server to Client ---> SEQ 3006 ACK 1744 WIN 8192 LEN 13 From Client to server --> SEQ 1744 ACK 3019 WIN 3304 I just want to know Why Packet 1 and 2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_deb
3 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Need ideas for graduation project based on unix or linux Need ideas for graduation project based on

Dear all, i am in last year of electronics department in engineering faculty i need suggestions for a graduation project based on unix or free bsd or linux and electronics "embedded linux " i think about embedded unix for example or device drivers please i need helps (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MOHA-1
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me get some ideas

Hello, I have been given a scripting project, but have not learned any scripting. I need to get some ideas on how to start. Attached is part of the project: I have no idea how to parse the arguments. What I had in mind was to get the arguments ($1, $2, ... ) and have if statements for different... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: facepalm
1 Replies
pyntor-components(1)						      Pyntor						      pyntor-components(1)

NAME
pyntor-components - manage components for the presentation program Pyntor SYNOPSIS
pyntor-components [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Pyntor-components is a helper utility which deals with all the components which are made available to Pyntor. Components can reside in the installation directory, but the user can override them with a user directory and again with components in the current directory. Pyntor- components helps to sort through the available components by listing them. In case the component comes with documentation included, it can be displayed as well. OPTIONS
-l, --list Displays a formatted list of all components. For each component, all occurrences are reported, which might be between one and three directories. -d, --doc=component Displays the documentation for the specified component. If no documentation is included, or the component could not be loaded, an error is displayed instead. -u, --update Displays a graphical dialog which allows the download of new components via the GHNS (Get Hot New Stuff) framework. Components are installed into ~/.pyntor/components and can be used immediately. This is an experimental feature based on the SDLNewStuff library. -v, --version Displays the version number of Pyntor-components. -h, --help Displays a summary of all available command line options. AUTHORS
Josef Spillner <josef@coolprojects.org> SEE ALSO
pyntor(1), pyntor-selfrun(1) Cool Projects 0.6 pyntor-components(1)