Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting tcsh I can't get script to work :( Post 302145061 by Fred Goldman on Monday 12th of November 2007 03:51:13 PM
Old 11-12-2007
So should I just run it the way it is or should I change the first line to:

#!/bin/tcsh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to call a perl script from tcsh?

Hi I am not sure how to call a perl script from a tcsh shell. do i need to set any environment variables? your help is appreciated Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megastar
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't work, but commands inside work

Howdie everyone... I have a shell script RemoveFiles.sh Inside this file, it only has two commands as below: rm -f ../../reportToday/temp/* rm -f ../../report/* My problem is that when i execute this script, nothing happened. Files remained unremoved. I don't see any error message as it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheongww
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me with this tcsh script.!!!!

I need to write a tcsh script which would compare files in the two folders and then send me a mail saying which of the files are missing.For eg 1) I have this folder1 containing all the files which must land on folder2 on a daily basis. 2) If a file is present in folder1 but not in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarsaravana_s
6 Replies

4. Programming

help wid C-script in tcsh

Hello Freinds I have just started off with Unix (TCSH) although I have a pretty sound background with C-programming. Kindly convey any error in foll script. #include<stdio.h> #include<math.h> #define PI 3.142857 main () { float r, A; printf("Enter the value of radius: "); scanf(" %f... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahendrakamath
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Top level TCSH while Loop doen't work

Hey guys... I'm learning some shell scripting on OS X using the tcsh shell. For some reason... my while loop isn't executing right (or more likely I am doing something wrong.) Something as simple as this doesn't work: #!/bin/tcsh set g = 0 while ($g <10) echo "this" $g @ g =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sprynmr
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with gawk array, loop in tcsh script

Hi, I'm trying to break a large csv file into smaller files and use unique values for the file names. The shell script i'm using is tcsh and i'm after a gawk one-liner to get the desired outcome. To keep things simple I have the following example with the desired output. fruitlist.csv apples... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: theflamingmoe
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in tcsh script

Hi All, I wrote a tcsh script, but being a beginner it took me lots of efforts and on top of that I am still struggling with little modifications here and there. kindly have a loop. Line1 : I want it to run maximum of "Max" Which I am providing outside loop. So how the "for" should be... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrjrasaxena
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tcsh complete (autocomplete) script

I cant figure out how the complete function works in tcsh. 1. I whould like it to complete after writing my_program.py with either start or stop. I have tried to do something like this in .cshrc.user: complete my_program.py \ 'c/start/' \ 'c/stop/' However i cant get it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mr_cad
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

My script work on Linux but not work in sunos.

My script work on Linux but not work in sun os. my script. logFiles="sentLog1.log sentLog2.log" intial_time="0 0" logLocation="/usr/local/tomcat/logs/" sleepTime=600 failMessage=":: $(tput bold)Log not update$(tput rmso) = " successMessage="OK" arr=($logFiles)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expressions in tcsh script

Hi, I have a shell script in tcsh to which I pass an argument, the length of which can vary. The possible values of the argument are the letters -c,s,i,q,a. and also a combination of these letters. (e.g: cs,si,ca,iq,qa,csq,acs,csia ..etc). The order of the letters does not matter. My problem... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaisakh P
2 Replies
exports(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							exports(4)

NAME
exports, xtab - directories to export to NFS clients SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The file is obsolete and has been replaced by the new NFS file Please see dfstab(4) for more details. The file is also obsolete and has been replaced by the new NFS file Please see sharetab(4) for more details. The and the files are no longer used to export NFS directories. Any modifications made to these files will have no impact on NFS. These manpages will be removed from future releases of HP-UX. AUTHOR
was developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. FILES
list of commands to be executed at boot time system record of shared file systems list of hostnames list of network groups network information script that executes command. SEE ALSO
share(1M), mountd(1M), nfsd(1M), dfstab(4), hosts(4), netgroup(4), networks(4), sharetab(4). TO BE OBSOLETED exports(4)