Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 11i install error
Operating Systems HP-UX 11i install error Post 302144986 by C3000 on Monday 12th of November 2007 07:28:38 AM
Old 11-12-2007
I changed the old CD drive out for a newish DVD drive and the disks are read without problem.

Apparently CD drives that are getting old can get selective.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hp-ux 11i

Need to find the changes made in hp-ux11iv2 and how to migrate from hp-ux11i to hp-ux11iv2. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mhbd
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

HP-UX 11i

Need to find the changes made in hp-ux11iv2 and how to migrate from hp-ux11i to hp-ux11iv2. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mhbd
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

HP 11i 64

Hi, could somebody confirm that HP 11i 64 is a 64 bits system ? Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aribault
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Oracle 9i install: Error in invoking target install of makefile

I receive an error while installing Oracle 9i: Error in invoking target install of makefile /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/sqlplus/lib/ins_sqlplus.mk Furthermore: $ whoami oracle $ echo $ORACLE_HOME /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0 $ pwd /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/sqlplus/lib $ ll total... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris2005
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo install on HP UX 11i(basic question)

Hello folks, had a question. I was trying to install sudotool on HP -UX 11i. I downloaded gzip file from sudo site and unzipped to /tmp folder on HP box how do i install it?? do i need to run "swinstall" menu and then choose from there? THanks! karthik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

About compatibility of HP-UX 11i

Could you please tell me if Informix 7.20 UD2 works on HP-UX 11i and if applications that works on HP-UX 10.20 and Informix 7.20 UD2 works on HP-UX 11i. Thanks a lot. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irene Martínez
0 Replies

7. HP-UX

Where can i get hp-ux 11i v3

I have to access to hp integrity bl870c server blade and i have no hp-ux 11i v2 or 11i v3 DVD's where can i get a DVD or download it . as i have no direct contact with vendor . thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
4 Replies

8. HP-UX

Help needed HP UX 11.11i new install on C8000 Desktop messaging system error CAN'T FIX

Hi, I have a HP UX C8000 box , have installed 11.11i from 4 x cds numerous times to try to get a functioning Network or to try and get rid of this error on start up, after new install and 1st startup I get an error "The desktop messaging system could not be started" and then advice about... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: C8000
12 Replies

9. HP-UX

RX2620 11i V3 install halts at load ram disk

Hi there, hope you can help since I'm a novice and playing with this machine to maybe one day use it with our non-profit art project (plantage9.de). I have the proper media for itanium and everything seems okay, loads the DVD etc., until it halts without any progress for hours (see also image... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: plantage
1 Replies
vm-install-jobs(8)					      System Manager's Manual						vm-install-jobs(8)

NAME
vm-install-jobs - queries and manages VM creation jobs that were started by vm-install SYNOPSIS
vm-install-jobs [options ...] DESCRIPTION
VMs may be created by vm-install interactively, or as backgrounded jobs. The vm-install-jobs command manages backgrounded VM creation jobs. OPTIONS
--cancel job-id Cancels the specified job. If the VM is still running, it is stopped. This command may return before the VM is completely stopped or the vm-install process has completely exited. The job is not implicitly deleted, so that the cancelation progress may be observed. --delete job-id Deletes the specified job. The job must be in one of the FINISHED, FAILED, or CANCELED states. The VM's configuration is deleted, as are any disks that were created during the job. --detach job-id Detaches the created VM from the specified job. The job must be in the FINISHED state. The job is deleted, but the VM's configura- tion and its disks are left intact. --list Lists all known VM creation jobs, by ID. One job ID is output per line. --status job-id Outputs the status of the specified job. JOB STATES
Every job is always in one of the following states: 0: SETTINGS 1: PREP_INSTALL 2: INSTALL 3: POST_INSTALL 4: RUNTIME_CONF 5: RUNTIME 6: FINISHED 7: FAILED 8: CANCELED The normal progression is from state 0 to state 6. States 6, 7, and 8 are terminal states. JOB STATUS
Querying the job status will print (to stdout) a number of key/value pairs. The possible keys and their meanings are: exit The exit code of the VM creation job. This key is only present once the job is in one of the states FINISHED, FAILED, or CANCELED. To interpret the meaning of the exit code, see vm-install(8) id The job ID. Always present. inotify A filename to monitor (via inotify(7) ) for state changes. The recommended inotify mask to use is IN_CLOSE_WRITE. Always present. log The location of the log file. Always present. pid The process ID of the VM creation job. This key is only present if the VM creation process is still running. The PID is used internally to cancel the job. state The job's current state. See JOB STATES. Always present. uuid The VM's UUID. This key is only present once all of the VM's settings have been gathered. vnc The last known location to view the VM's console via VNC. Note that the presence of this key does not guarantee that the VM is cur- rently running. When no authentication is necessary, the URL will be ip::port. If authentication is necessary, the URL will be username:password@ip::port. DIAGNOSTICS
A zero exit code indicates success; non-zero indicates failure. Note that the exit code of this tool indicates the success of the job management command. It does not represent the success or failure of the job itself. SEE ALSO
To interpret the exit code of a job or of this command, see vm-install(8) To monitor state changes of jobs, see inotify(7) To report problems with this software or its documentation, visit http://bugzilla.novell.com 2007-02-01 vm-install-jobs(8)