Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: lan setting
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers lan setting Post 302144885 by mightypp.nits on Sunday 11th of November 2007 12:33:53 PM
Old 11-11-2007
lan setting

heyyy
im using ferdora 7 ...but systems on my lan have windos xp ..so im able to access those systems but they r not can u help me out....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

LAN Adapter

Im newest in unix, Please, give me solution for installing lan adapter if driver not found in the list of ethernet drivers ihave unix driver in a dos diskete please give me the other solution and tell me where the domain of unix class online, so ican read from it. Thank's very much (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ade_muhdiat
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

LAN Simulatar

I have one PC at home. Opeating Sysem: Both Fedora Core4,Windows 98. I want to download a LAN simulator for learning Networking (which will work on Fedora4 platform) Purpose: To work on a single PC, but as if I am working on a LAN. I want to check out the Linux networking commands like... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ameya_shaligram
5 Replies

3. Solaris

How to configure private LAN and coporate LAN on the same machine-Solaris10

Hi , I am trying to configure a private LAN and corporate LAN on the same machien on Solaris 10. How can I achieve this? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deedee
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

DNS on LAN

Hi all. I am trying to use BIND9 as DNS server. All goes well, except that i can't lookup my relative LAN hostnames instead of full domain names. F.e. i can lookup host hostname.subdomain.domain but can't host hostname This is my master zone file --------------------- $TTL 3h... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kukuruku
2 Replies

5. Linux

lan help

iam using open suse 10.3 in dual boot with windows internet is through Lan(ethernet) in windows by entering below data in Lan properties net is coming the information is bellow ip 10.2.45.67 subnet 255.255.0.0 default gate way 10.1.1.4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seshumohan
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

Local Lan, no-ip directed DNS forward, surf within lan

Hi, We have a website running on a local centos 5.4 surfer, static IP. The domain.com uses no-ip.com to take care of the DNS, it forwards all to my server. My router receives the port 80 call, routes it to my server and the world can see domain.com perfectly fine. However, we cannot see... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawstudent
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Different hostnames with reboot while lan cable, no lan cable

I am facing strange problem regarding hostname on my Linux(2.6.18-164.el5xen x86_64 GNU/Linux), the hostname changes if reboot with lan cable and with NO lan cable Reboot with lan cable: The hostname is ubunut Unable to connect Oracle database using sqlplus some times database is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxLearner
2 Replies

8. IP Networking

lan

how can i make lan between two or more computers having linux fedora as os...? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ravi Kumar Mish
1 Replies

9. Fedora

about lan

how can i lan between two or more computers having linux fedora as os? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ravi Kumar Mish
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Is there a difference between setting a user as nologin and setting it as a role?

Trying to figure out the best method of security for oracle user accounts. In Solaris 10 they are set as regular users but have nologin set forcing the dev's to login as themselves and then su to the oracle users. In Solaris11 we have the option of making it a role because RBAC is enabled but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: os2mac
1 Replies
share(1M)																 share(1M)

NAME
share - make local resource available for mounting by remote systems SYNOPSIS
FSType] specific_options] description] [pathname] DESCRIPTION
The command exports, or makes a resource available for mounting, through a remote file system of type FSType. If the option is omitted, the first file system type listed in is used as default. For a description of NFS specific options, see share_nfs(1M). pathname is the pathname of the directory to be shared. When invoked with no arguments, displays all shared file systems. Options recognizes the following options: Specify the file system type. The specific_options are used to control access of the shared resource. (See share_nfs(1M) for NFS specific options.) They may be any of the following: pathname is shared read/write to all clients. This is also the default behavior. Share the pathname read-mostly if option is not provided. Read-mostly means read-write to those clients specified and read-only for all other systems. If a option is provided, pathname is shared read/write only to the listed clients. No other systems can access pathname. pathname is shared read-only to all clients. pathname is shared read-only only to the listed clients. No other systems can access pathname. The flag may be used to provide a description of the resource being shared. WARNINGS
Old terminology (export) File system sharing used to be called on HP-UX, and was used for exporting file systems. With the new share NFS model, the command replaces exportfs(1M) or To support compatiblity with scripts that still invoke the exportfs command using the access= option, the share command will not fail when the access option is used and the syntax matches the usage of exportfs(1M) from a release of HP-UX that does not support the share(1M) com- mand. Attempts to use the access option with new share options, (i.e. sec=), may result in the access option begin rejected by the share command. It is highly recommended that the access option not be used with the share command. Instead, use the ro= and rw= option to achieve the desired access restrictions. This support of the access= option will be removed in a future release of HP-UX. If commands are invoked multiple times on the same file system, the last invocation supersedes the previous; the options set by the last command replace the old options. For example, if read-only permission was previously given to on use the following command to also give read-only permission to on This behavior is not limited to sharing the root file system, but applies to all file systems. EXAMPLES
The following command wll share the file system read-only. FILES
list of commands to be executed at boot time list of distributed file system types, NFS by default system record of shared file systems AUTHOR
was developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. SEE ALSO
mountd(1M), nfsd(1M), share_nfs(1M), shareall(1M), unshare(1M), dfstab(4), fstypes(4), sharetab(4). share(1M)