Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Problem to auto mount on NFS server Post 302144859 by porter on Saturday 10th of November 2007 08:42:16 PM
Old 11-10-2007
What happens when you type

Code:
mount /home/USER/usertest/Documents/Z

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

nfs mount problem

I have a NFS share on a Linux server. When I try to mount it on a Solaris 9 server, I get the following message: nfs mount: <nfs-server-name>: : RPC: Program not registered I have a few other Sun boxes and I can mount the share on them without any problems. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS mount problem

Hello, I'm trying to create an NFS mount on server1 to server2. From the man pages I think I'm doing it right: mount server2:/dev/vg60/lvol607 /net1 nfs mount: server1:/dev/vg60/lvol607: Permission denied Do I need to provide login credentials to server 2 somehow? What am I missing? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote server mount slow - NFS

Hi, Following my last post I've mounted the remote server on my local server. However copying files from this mounted server is increadbily slow. If I copy files using rcp it's very fast so I assume there must be a setting somewhere? Any help appreicated. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AngryBunny
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unusual NFS mount problem on only ONE client: Red Hat WS Rel 3

This is an unusual situation where I have an NFS server currently serving out MULTIPLE clients over several variants of Linux and UNIX successfully (world permissions) except for a SINGLE client. Even the other Linux (SuSE) clients in the same room are mounting successfully with defaults without... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: neelpert1
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can i mount nfs share on windows 2003 server

this is probably a bit dumb ...but i read somewhere that one of the nfs versions can be mounted on a windows 2003 server ..if yes ..does anyone know how this can be achieved (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tarunicon
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

NFS mount point problem

Hi Forum I am trying to mount /NFS as nfs mountpoint on two servers ( A & B ). After mounting the nfs filesystem, both of them behave normally for around 10 mins and after that the NFS file handle become stale and the mountpoints dont respond. While executing df -kh, the output hang out and the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajdasuwal
15 Replies

7. Solaris

NFS VS Auto Mount problem

Dear All, Struck with a peculiar problem a) /opt/a is auto mounted to /home/a for User:a When the User logs in to the server his home directory is getting mounted from the autofs i.e /home/a (/opt/a), Instead is has to mount the User home dir from NIS which is /home/a (from NIS). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saiprashant
2 Replies

8. Web Development

NFS Share & Mount problem

Hi, I want to mount an NFS Shared folder on Windows XP to vxWorks. There doesnt seem to be a problem with the sharing. Now, when i try to mount the directory onto vxWorks (it runs on a Tumbleweed card), using a mount script (.sh), the following is the print i see on Tera Term: hostAdd... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinmayzen
0 Replies

9. AIX

can not mount from aix client to linux nfs server

Hi, I am trying to mount a nfs folder from AIX client to Linux NFS Server, but I got the following error: # mount 128.127.11.121:/aix /to_be_del mount: 1831-010 server 128.127.11.121 not responding: RPC: 1832-018 Port mapper failure - RPC: 1832-008 Timed out mount: retrying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 NFS client cannot mount a share from a Windows server

I have a Solaris 10 server, I'm trying to mount a share from a Windows nfs server. If I add this entry (tst-walnut:/test_sap_nfs - /majid nfs - yes rw,soft) to my /etc/vfstab, then I can mount, but when I create a file by root:root, the file owner changes to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
1 Replies
NFSMOUNT.CONF(5)						File Formats Manual						  NFSMOUNT.CONF(5)

NAME
nfsmount.conf - Configuration file for NFS mounts SYNOPSIS
Configuration file for NFS mounts that allows options to be set globally, per server or per mount point. DESCRIPTION
The configuration file is made up of multiple sections followed by variables associated with that section. A section is defined by a string enclosed by [ and ] branches. Variables are assignment statements that assign values to particular variables using the = operator, as in Proto=Tcp. The variables that can be assigned are exactly the set of NFS specific mount options listed in nfs(5). Sections are broken up into three basic categories: Global options, Server options and Mount Point options. [ NFSMount_Global_Options ] - This statically named section defines all of the global mount options that can be applied to every NFS mount. [ Server "Server_Name" ] - This section defines all the mount options that should be used on mounts to a particular NFS server. The "Server_Name" strings needs to be surrounded by '"' and be an exact match of the server name used in the mount command. [ MountPoint "Mount_Point" ] - This section defines all the mount options that should be used on a particular mount point. The "Mount_Point" string needs to be surrounded by '"' and be an exact match of the mount point used in the mount command. EXAMPLES
These are some example lines of how sections and variables are defined in the configuration file. [ NFSMount_Global_Options ] Proto=Tcp The TCP/IPv4 protocol will be used on every NFS mount. [ Server "nfsserver.foo.com" ] rsize=32k wsize=32k proto=udp6 A 32k (32768 bytes) block size will be used as the read and write size on all mounts to the 'nfsserver.foo.com' server. UDP/IPv6 is the protocol to be used. [ MountPoint "/export/home" ] Background=True All mounts to the '/export/home' export will be performed in the background (i.e. done asynchronously). FILES
/etc/nfsmount.conf Default NFS mount configuration file SEE ALSO
nfs(5), mount(8), 9 October 2012 NFSMOUNT.CONF(5)