Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sendmail
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Sendmail Post 302144815 by cbkihong on Saturday 10th of November 2007 04:28:36 AM
Old 11-10-2007
cobroraj,

Please do not write in all-caps. That is against the rules.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail.cf

Dear All , I have Linux Red Hat 6.1 , and i have sendmail (8.11.6 ) . i have big problem with spammers , i was looking in sendmail.cf configuration file and i saw this option , i tried it but it failed : the option is : # file containing known spammers by email,domain,ip Kjunk hash... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tamemi
1 Replies

2. Programming

sendmail

hi, i am using sendmail function to send the mail for mail client. when i am sending mime content with attaching with body for the images. the image is not displaying in the mail box. all the mime content stuff is displaying. all the headers are proper. hope the reply for this (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagineni
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail

HI CAN ANYBODY HELP ME? I HAVE COME ACROSS A PROBLEM. I AM USING SENDMAIL IN HP-UX IN THE FOLLOWING MANNER /usr/sbin/sendmail -t someone@someplace.com < /path/to/file.log BUT THE RECEIPIENT DOESNOT GET THE ADDRESS IN THE TO: SECTION OF THE MAIL. ALSO I HAVE NOT FOUND ANY OPTION TO PUT A... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cobroraj
0 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

sendmail.cf

we have two mail servers and want to setup failover for DR. we have a line in sendmail.cf like this DS smtp.domain.com and this works fine...... we changed it to DS smtp1.domain.com smtp2.domain.com this is bad, we get errors of savemail panic and many bounce messages... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robsonde
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail.cf

we have two mail servers and want to setup failover for DR. we have a line in sendmail.cf like this DS smtp.domain.com and this works fine...... we changed it to DS smtp1.domain.com smtp2.domain.com this is bad, we get errors of savemail panic and many bounce messages and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robsonde
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail Help

Hi All, Can anyone help me out to know how can a mail be sent from sendmail command. I tried the below command sendmail -f user-host@xyz.com -s "Some Message" -t abcd@xyz.com It throwed a message -s... User unknown Message... User unknown Some... User unknown But this did not work... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ganga.dharan
1 Replies

7. Linux

Sendmail

How do i see all incoming mail's and outgoing mail's for a particular user and how do i list folders of sendmail (mailbox) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sagar824u
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail questions, SCO 5.0.6 sendmail 8.11.0

I am running SCO 5.0.6 and using sendmail 8.11.0 and having issues with smtp authentication. When trying to send mail the following message will kick back. (reason: 530 5.7.1 Authentication required) 530 5.7.1 Authentication required Not sure what needs to be tweeked in sendmail.cf but I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ziggy6
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail

Hi, I have sendmail running in my server. I would like to know the vendor of this sendmail running in the server. I read in a blog that there are many vendors for sendmail. Please advise me how could I identify the vendor for this? Thanks, Poovalingam. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: poova
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Clarifying sendmail configuration - sendmail-client offline

Hi all, I have read about sendmail running as 2 separate process. 1 as a MSP, and the other as the real daemon or MTA. In my current configuration, the sendmail-client is disabled. Both submit.cf and sendmail.cf are left as default untouch I do not specified any mailhost... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
3 Replies
setrules(1M)															      setrules(1M)

NAME
setrules - set compartment rules SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
takes the current rules files on the system and puts them into effect. Prior to using this command, changes in the rules files have no effect on the system. This command can only be used when compartmentalization is enabled (see cmpt_tune(1M)). Options recognizes the following option: Preview the rules. This option parses the rules files, checking for syntax and semantic errors, but makes no changes to the system. Security Restrictions The user invoking this command must have one of the following authorizations: A user with authorization can invoke this command from any compartment, while a user with authorization can invoke this command from only those compartments that have read and write access to the directory heirarchy. See authadm(1M)). Notes If a compartment is tagged for automatic discovery of rules using the keyword subsequent runs of command does NOT clear the rules that are already discovered. This means the rules applied are inconsistent with the rules currently in the directory. To make them consistent, first run "", and then run where, compartment_name is the name of the compartment which is under for discovery mode and file.rules is the rules file containing the rules for this compartment. RETURN VALUE
returns the following values: Successful completion. The rules are displayed. An error occurred. An error can be caused by the following: o An invalid option. o The user does not having permissions to perform the operation. o A syntax or semantic error in a rule file. o Other system errors (for example, insufficient system resources). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Execute to push the configured rules: Example 2: Execute to push syntactically incorrectly configured rules: Sample Output: Error: "/etc/cmpt/11.cmpt.1.rules", line 10 # Unexpected token 'web' or rule terminated prematurely setrules: Exiting due to parse errors Example 3: Execute setrules to find any syntactically or semantically incorrectly configured rules: Sample Output: Error: "/etc/cmpt/iface.rules", line 10 # Undefined compartment "ooutside". Error: "/etc/cmpt/iface.rules", line 14 # Undefined compartment "cgi". SEE ALSO
authadm(1M), cmpt_tune(1M), getrules(1M), compartments(4), compartments(5). setrules(1M)