Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Compilation Options
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Compilation Options Post 302144740 by compbug on Friday 9th of November 2007 12:51:25 PM
Old 11-09-2007
not found....

nope, it says "which cc" no such file or directory. Cannot accecc

but when I say "type cc" it shows complete path "/usr/lib/ccashe/cc"

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compilation

Hi All, We have a C program existing in one of the folders which I have to modify a lil bit, When I'm trying to compile the program using GCC or CC command its showing as ksh: gcc: not found is that mean there is no compiler or do I have to verify for something, please advice Thank... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: diggermf
2 Replies

2. AIX

Compilation problem

hi, I first want to apologize for my poor english ! I'm a newbe on Unix system and I have to install NRPE on an AIX 5.3. I have downloaded the NRPE Source code and i need to compile them... the problem is, when I do a: ./configure --enable-command-args --disable-ssl it returns me :... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cyr1us
1 Replies

3. Programming

C Compilation problem

Dear all I am new to C programming In response to the post cat get_time.c #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/time.h> main() { struct timeval tv; struct timezone tz; struct tm *tm; gettimeofday(&tv, &tz); tm=localtime(&tv.tv_sec); printf("... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: on9west
2 Replies

4. AIX

Problem in compilation.

Hi, I am executing the below mentioned code:- proc SQLCHECK=SEMANTICS iname=CDBInteractor.pc parse=none code=cpp cpp_suffix=cpp g++ -c main.cpp g++ -o pre_request_engine main.o -I/oracle/oracle/app/product/10g/precomp -L/oracle/oracle/app/product/10g/lib32 -lnsl -ldl And... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tushar_tus
2 Replies

5. AIX

VIM compilation

Hi, I tried to compile vim on AIX OS. I tried all version from 6.4 to 7.2 and the effect is the same. ./configuration --prefix=/home/me OK make The make try to compile first file buffer.c ane it gived me message like this gcc -c -I. -Iproto -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DFEAT_GUI_ATHENA ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcintom.aviva
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compilation

Hi All, Do we have a way to compile a shell program? I am using ksh/bash/sh and not CSH. Cheers Ravi (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: panyam
12 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Kernel boot options removed by fault, no boot options

Hello Everyone, First of all, I highly appreciate all Linux forum members and whole Linux community. http://forums.linuxmint.com/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif. I wish you the best for all of you ! I will try to be short and concise: I am using Linux Mint 10 for 2 months on 2 ws, and all went... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdt
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

HP-UX uses cc -y and cc -g (-y and -g options) C compilation

Hello Experts, Would you please let me know what "-y " option does with cc compiler on HP-UX? As I am migrating application from HP-UX to RHEL 5 , at the time of running makefile make -f makefilename on Rhel 5, it is throwing error cc: unrecognized option '-y' <command line>:1:2: error:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Belure Pooja B
7 Replies
DIRNAME(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							DIRNAME(3)

NAME
dirname, basename - Parse pathname components SYNOPSIS
#include <libgen.h> char *dirname(char *path); char *basename(char *path); DESCRIPTION
The functions dirname and basename break a null-terminated pathname string into directory and filename components. In the usual case, dirname returns the string up to, but not including, the final '/', and basename returns the component following the final '/'. Trailing '/' characters are not counted as part of the pathname. If path does not contain a slash, dirname returns the string "." while basename returns a copy of path. If path is the string "/", then both dirname and basename return the string "/". If path is a NULL pointer or points to an empty string, then both dirname and basename return the string ".". Concatenating the string returned by dirname, a "/", and the string returned by basename yields a complete pathname. Both dirname and basename may modify the contents of path, so if you need to preserve the pathname string, copies should be passed to these functions. Furthermore, dirname and basename may return pointers to statically allocated memory which may be overwritten by subsequent calls. The following list of examples (taken from SUSv2) shows the strings returned by dirname and basename for different paths: path dirname basename "/usr/lib" "/usr" "lib" "/usr/" "/" "usr" "usr" "." "usr" "/" "/" "/" "." "." "." ".." "." ".." EXAMPLE
char *dirc, *basec, *bname, *dname; char *path = "/etc/passwd"; dirc = strdup(path); basec = strdup(path); dname = dirname(dirc); bname = basename(basec); printf("dirname=%s, basename=%s ", dname, bname); free(dirc); free(basec); RETURN VALUE
Both dirname and basename return pointers to null-terminated strings. BUGS
In versions of glibc up to and including 2.2.1, dirname does not correctly handle pathnames with trailing '/' characters, and generates a segmentation violation if given a NULL argument. CONFORMING TO
SUSv2 SEE ALSO
dirname(1), basename(1), GNU
2000-12-14 DIRNAME(3)