Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HP Unix | Urgent Need Help
Operating Systems HP-UX HP Unix | Urgent Need Help Post 302144526 by msgobinathan on Thursday 8th of November 2007 04:12:02 PM
Old 11-08-2007
HP Unix | Urgent Need Help

Hi,

I'm new to unix and i'm using HP Unix

I tried the following and getting error like

1. $sam
sh:sam not found

2.Also i want to monitor/trace other user's command what they are using when am in to the same server

Appreciate if any one help on this

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I am in urgent need of all UNIX-derivates...

Hi, could anybody name all the different UNIX versions, producer, historie, etc? need a short briefing... THX a lot in advance... Greetings, PatrickXXO (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PatrickXXO
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX linked to Windows Urgent

hey guys! I know this one is simple since you are the gurus. To make a long story short can i install an oracle database on a unix server and link to that server with a asystem that was written in Visual Basic 6? Please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akrum
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent Need your help --New to Unix

I am getting data like this in a flat file seg No Test A4 0000002595, A2, test ,Datatest Test, A1 0000002595, A1,SELF , Employed,1,2,3,400.50 Test, A2 0000002595, A2, test ,Data,eurp Test, A3 0000002595, A2, test ,Data I need to produce a flat file so that output file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikeng
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[urgent need help] unix script....

hi experts, i'm new in scripting unix i have some problem with my script below is shown my script : #!/bin/sh BASEDIR=/export/home/mapadm BINDIR=$BASEDIR/bin LOGDIR=$BASEDIR/log TDRDIR=$LOGDIR/TDR BACKUPDIR=/data/log export BASEDIR BINDIR LOGDIR TDRDIR BACKUPDIR YEAR=`date '+%Y'`... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
21 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Few general unix qns..URGENT!!

hey guys, I have a few general qns on unix, so I'd appreciate quick responses. 1. How do u read a file line by line and display its contents using KSH? 2. How to kill a process using only the name? 3. How to create an empty file with 1MB memory size? 4. How to append some content to an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasuke_uchiha
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need a unix script - very urgent

Hi All, I need a script that invokes the sql query every 14 days and send email Very Very urgent this one to me.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bujjisveeru
6 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

UNIX script URGENT!!!

#!/bin/sh INPUT () { echo "Please enter line number: " read LINE echo "Please enter column number that you want to modify: " read COLUMN head -$LINE dataf > line1; LINE=`expr $LINE + 1` head -$LINE dataf > line2; diff line1 line2 > tmp; sed -e... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginner1988
18 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Command Urgent Help!

Hi All, i am new on this forum, can someone please answer the following questions as i am also new for UNIX, you help would be much appreciated: 1. How do you delete the full directory hierarchy? 2. How do you find out all process run by user Kamran ? 3. how would you extract something... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kami151
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX ques!! Ans URGENT!!

hello guys!! need 1 favour from u all.. Can u jst tell me the answers for these ques?? 1. ls - l _____ : command to return all files that end with single digit and those with TXT extension 2. ls -l report* _______ : command to return all files that start with the word RPT except those with LOG... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gan_7
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Urgent: UNIX system does not boot

UNIX sco release 5.05 system does not boot: cannot open device hd(40)/boot stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd(40)/boot what to do? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Joaoalpande
1 Replies
cachefslog(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    cachefslog(1M)

NAME
cachefslog - Cache File System logging SYNOPSIS
cachefslog [-f logfile | -h] cachefs_mount_point DESCRIPTION
The cachefslog command displays where CacheFS statistics are being logged. Optionally, it sets where CacheFS statistics are being logged, or it halts logging for a cache specified by cachefs_mount_point. The cachefs_mount_point argument is a mount point of a cache file system. All file systems cached under the same cache as cachefs_mount_point will be logged. OPTIONS
The following options are supported. You must be super-user to use the -f and -h options. -f logfile Specify the log file to be used. -h Halt logging. OPERANDS
cachefs_mount_point A mount point of a cache file system. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of cachefslog when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Checking the Logging of a directory. The example below checks if the directory /home/sam is being logged: example% cachefslog /home/sam not logged: /home/sam Example 2: Changing the logfile. The example below changes the logfile of /home/sam to /var/tmp/samlog: example# cachefslog -f /var/tmp/samlog /home/sam /var/tmp/samlog: /home/sam Example 3: Verifying the change of a logfile. The example below verifies the change of the previous example: example% cachefslog /home/sam /var/tmp/samlog: /home/sam Example 4: Halting the logging of a directory. The example below halts logging for the /home/sam directory: example# cachefslog -h /home/sam not logged: /home/sam EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 success non-zero an error has occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cachefsstat(1M), cachefswssize(1M), cfsadmin(1M), attributes(5), largefile(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Invalid path It is illegal to specify a path within a cache file system. SunOS 5.10 7 Feb 1997 cachefslog(1M)