Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX to execute the command swlist Post 302144440 by joydeep on Thursday 8th of November 2007 06:43:59 AM
Old 11-08-2007
Find the command swlist and use proper path to execute the command. lvdisplay/pvdisplay shows logical volume and physical volume respectively.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

execute command

hi, i am try to run the following script - i just can not execute it. ***************************************************** #!/bin/sh echo "system monitor" echo " 1) system paging 2) system file inf. 3) system disk inf. " echo "select an option" read choice case $... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neer45
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Plz Help : How to use write command to execute command on some other terminal

Hi Group , I m trying to execute commands on some other system using write command but inspite of executing the commands they r passed as simple messages. - i m writing >write user-id ! ls o ctrl-d inspite of executing the command ls,other terminal shows ! ls. Thnx in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aashish
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

swlist is not displayed in HP-UX

Hi swlist command is not displayed in HP-UX ..it displays swlist: Command not found. uname -a HP-UX inccishh B.11.11 U 9000/800 4046719263 unlimited-user license :b: Best Regards vasanthan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to build a command into a string rather than execute the command

I'm trying to populate a command line into a variable. It appears to be executing, instead. Here's an example: mycmd='' if ...; then $mycmd='sudo ' fi $mycmd=$mycmd 'sed -i prev s/aaa/bbb/' $myfile res=`$mycmd` (I'm also not sure of the best way to execute the command from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: littlejon
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to execute an command this way

How to make it works this way? echo dir1\/*.txt ; echo dir1\/*.html | xargs wc -l dir1/*.txt wc: dir1/*.html: No such file or directory what i'm trying to do it to "wc dir1/*.txt" and "wc dir1/*.html" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bornay6ah
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

swlist -l patch question

when i type command : swlist -l patch how to do that i can only show gcc this line only # gcc 4.2.3 gcc not to show other line # gcc.gcc-INC # gcc.gcc-MAN # gcc.gcc-RUN how to do? example # gcc 4.2.3 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to execute command

HI, I have a directory called input directory called "input", The "input" directory contains file names (file1,file2,file3,file4), I want to write a command so that it will display all the file names with comma separated. Desired output: file1,file2,file3 so on.... Regards Akshay... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akshu.agni
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

When i am trying to execute export command within a shell script it is saying command not found.

I am running the export command within a view to use that value inside my build script. But while executing it it is saying "export command not found" My code is as follows: -------------------------- #!/bin/sh user="test" DIR="/bldtmp/"$user VIEW="test.view1" echo "TMPDIR before export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchoudhury
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute a command on each line of output from another command?

Hello :) new to bash not to programming. I have an on-going need to change the owning group on sets of files and directories from the one they were created with or changed to on update to the one they need to have going forward. find {target_root} -group wrong_group gets me a newline... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naftali
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute ssh command with additional terminal command to any remote user not working script

Hello i am having an issue with bash script and this is the code now=$(cat hosts1.txt | awk '{print $2;}') while read n ;do ssh root@$now 'useradd test1; echo -e "test1\ntest1" | passwd test1 && echo "test1 ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL" >> /etc/sudoers' When i execute only part with cat, it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
8 Replies
LVDISPLAY(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      LVDISPLAY(8)

NAME
lvdisplay - display attributes of a logical volume SYNOPSIS
lvdisplay [-a|--all] [-c|--colon] [-d|--debug] [-h|-?|--help] [--ignorelockingfailure] [--maps] [--nosuffix] [-P|--partial] [--units hHbB- sSkKmMgGtTpPeE] [-v|--verbose] [--version] [LogicalVolumePath [LogicalVolumePath...]] lvdisplay --columns | -C [--aligned] [-a|--all] [-d|--debug] [-h|-?|--help] [--ignorelockingfailure] [--noheadings] [--nosuffix] [-o|--options [+]Field[,Field]] [-O|--sort [+|-]Key1[,[+|-]Key2[,...]]] [-P|--partial] [--segments] [--separator Separator] [--unbuffered] [--units hHbBsSkKmMgGtTpPeE] [-v|--verbose] [--version] [LogicalVolumePath [LogicalVolumePath...]] DESCRIPTION
lvdisplay allows you to see the attributes of a logical volume like size, read/write status, snapshot information etc. lvs (8) is an alternative that provides the same information in the style of ps (1). lvs is recommended over lvdisplay. OPTIONS
See lvm for common options and lvs for options given with --columns. --all Include information in the output about internal Logical Volumes that are components of normally-accessible Logical Volumes, such as mirrors, but which are not independently accessible (e.g. not mountable). For example, after creating a mirror using 'lvcreate -m1 --mirrorlog disk', this option will reveal three internal Logical Volumes, with suffixes mimage_0, mimage_1, and mlog. -c, --colon Generate colon separated output for easier parsing in scripts or programs. N.B. lvs (8) provides considerably more control over the output. The values are: * logical volume name * volume group name * logical volume access * logical volume status * internal logical volume number * open count of logical volume * logical volume size in sectors * current logical extents associated to logical volume * allocated logical extents of logical volume * allocation policy of logical volume * read ahead sectors of logical volume * major device number of logical volume * minor device number of logical volume -m, --maps Display the mapping of logical extents to physical volumes and physical extents. To map physical extents to logical extents use pvs --segments -o+lv_name,seg_start_pe,segtype. --columns | -C Display output in columns, the equivalent of lvs. Options listed are the same as options given in lvs (8). Examples "lvdisplay -v /dev/vg00/lvol2" shows attributes of that logical volume. If snapshot logical volumes have been created for this original logical volume, this command shows a list of all snapshot logical volumes and their status (active or inactive) as well. "lvdisplay /dev/vg00/snapshot" shows the attributes of this snapshot logical volume and also which original logical volume it is associated with. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), lvcreate(8), lvscan(8), pvs(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) LVDISPLAY(8)