Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: umask setting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting umask setting Post 302144260 by porter on Wednesday 7th of November 2007 02:45:28 AM
Old 11-07-2007
(a) what exactly are you doing?

(b) how are you determining it's not working?

(c) what does
Code:
ls -ld $HOME

say?

(d) what does
Code:
uname -a

say?

(e) what does
Code:
uname

say?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setting umask in FreeBSD 5.4

Hi, I need to change my umask from 22 to 0022. FreeBSD 5.4 has different way of looking at 22 and 0022. Untill 4.11 stable 022 and 0022 were same. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance. Jimmy (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmynath
0 Replies

2. AIX

umask setting on a logon script

hi, am new to AIX. i have an issue. iam asked to change the umask setting on a logon script on a server to prevent writable files. i logged in as the root user and typed in umask and it displays 022, which i believe is 755 for direc and 644 for files. 1) how to I identify where the logon script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
2 Replies

3. Linux

setting daemon umask

I was asked to change the daemon umask on my RHEL4 machine. so, i changed the /etc/init.d/functions file. Does this take effect right away? I dont think it does, how can i get it to take affect without rebooting? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UMASK setting

How can we set the Sticky bit in the umask itself. Please help me :confused: I tried to set like umask 1000 but when I run umask, the value of umask is 00 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: geniman2004
0 Replies

5. AIX

default umask setting during ftp

Hi all, How do i change the default primary group of files uploaded in AIX (via ftp) in such a way that the files will be owned by tom:staff? I understand that the default file permission can be set in /etc/profile for aix by adding a new line umask=032 Do I add a line in umask as well?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipahoys
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting umask 022 by default to my profile

Hello everyone, I want to set my properties of my profile to umask 022 by default. I have an idea that i need to make the change in .profile file. Can you please help me, on how would i be able to set it. Thanks, Abhishek S. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting default permissions without umask or cron jobs

I've got a number of people sending files to me in different directory structures, and users on many different groups who need access to these incoming paths. My problem is that umask assumes a default of 666 for files. No execute bit, meaning that my users can't even see the incoming folders.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Karunamon
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Is there a difference between setting a user as nologin and setting it as a role?

Trying to figure out the best method of security for oracle user accounts. In Solaris 10 they are set as regular users but have nologin set forcing the dev's to login as themselves and then su to the oracle users. In Solaris11 we have the option of making it a role because RBAC is enabled but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: os2mac
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Default umask setting during ftp AIX

Hi, I have set below option in following file /etc/inetd.conf in AIX. ftp stream tcp6 nowait root /usr/sbin/ftpd ftpd -u 2 But still it created the file with permission (640): -rw-r----- 1 ftptosas ftpusrg 6091 Jul 28 12:23 diff_061920.txt Required permission... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mageshpsv01
1 Replies
Locale::Script(3perl)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				     Locale::Script(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA". The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. numeric This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Script(3perl)