Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How to shutdown Power Trust UPS Monitoring? Post 302144130 by kanpatel on Tuesday 6th of November 2007 10:56:13 AM
Old 11-06-2007
Thanks Cameron,

In inittab, there's this line ems4:3456:respawn:/etc/opt/resmon/lbin/p_client
I'm going to try reming it out, and see.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A question about kernel module and system power-shutdown

Dear all, I've just installed a Vanilla kernel (last stable version downloaded from www.kernel.org) as an exercice in order to better understand how to compile linux kernel. I loaded the .config file of the current kernel (Redhat kernel) in the menuconfig in order to restore all already... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dariyoosh
0 Replies

2. Solaris

configuring user as trust

Hi Gurus, Got another issue. I am trying to configure a user to run some scripts through trusted user where in while logging to remote system it shouldn't ask for password. i did following to get it working but its not working i create a private and public key with the below... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Not Trust Host 10.10.10.10

I get a message similar to this, in the syslog file. Actually, I am trying to let the host at 10.10.10.10 access the HP-UX system. How do I get it trusted? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: instant000
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to force Oracle database shutdown when shutdown immediate does not work

I have Oracle 9i R2 on AIX 5.2. My Database is running in shared server mode (MTS). Sometimes when I shutdown the database it shutsdown cleanly in 4-5 mints and sometimes it takes good 15-20 minutes and then I get some ora-600 errors and only way to shutdown is by opening another session and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixhp
7 Replies

5. Linux

SCEP and Trust Anchor

Hi Does anybody knows about the simple certificate enrollment protocol details ? if yes please provide me the details. And what is a trust anchor profile ? Thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaitus.28
0 Replies

6. Solaris

SUNFIRE V240 procedure to shutdown with safety in order to replace power cables

Question: Which commands to use to shutdown with safety the server; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: doudou2012
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH Trust Testing

Hi, I want test the ssh trust between two host. It works fine if the trust is working fine but if the trust is not working fine it gets stuck. #!/bin/sh >/users/test/ssh.txt for i in `cat /users/test/host.txt`; do ssh test@$i uname -a >> /users/test/ssh.txt test=`cat... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhayman
0 Replies
icapd(1M)																 icapd(1M)

NAME
icapd - Instant Capacity (iCAP) daemon. SYNOPSIS
icapd DESCRIPTION
The (formerly ) daemon is installed and started as part of the Instant Capacity software on all potential iCAP systems, and respawns itself if killed. If this daemon is not running, other Instant Capacity commands fail. The operations this daemon performs are vital in keeping the complexwide view of the Instant Capacity state current. The following entry is added to /etc/inittab in order to have start and respawn itself: icap:23456:respawn:/usr/lbin/icapd # Instant Capacity daemon This daemon is not started on hardware that is not supported under the Instant Capacity program. If is installed and running on a system with Instant Capacity components present (cores, cells, or memory), it sends daily asset report email to HP (if so configured), tracks tem- porary capacity, sends exception notifications, and maintains a healthy Instant Capacity state. For more information about the functions that performs for Instant Capacity systems, see the located at /usr/share/doc/icapUserGuide.pdf. The daemon reports errors via (see syslog(3C)). Exception notification email is sent to root and to the system contact email address (con- figured via the command (see icapmodify(1M)). The daemon performs periodic operations based on the time of day. The daemon is spawned by and gets its time zone specification from the /etc/default/tz file. By default, the time zone specified in /etc/default/tz is EST5EDT. You can specify which time zone the daemon uses to interpret its current time by modifying the /etc/default/tz file. For details about the time zone format, see environ(5). A restart of the daemon is required before the new time zone value takes effect (that is, kill the process). AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
icapmodify(1M), icapstatus(1M), icapnotify(1M), icapmanage(1M), icap(5). icapd(1M)