Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP Transfer error
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP Transfer error Post 302144037 by cosec on Tuesday 6th of November 2007 03:18:38 AM
Old 11-06-2007
FTP Transfer error

Hi !
I created a similar script as shown below to automate an FTP transfer and encountered errors. Appreciate any advice to resolve this issue.

The script:

#!/usr/bin/ksh
ftp 'IP ADD' << cmd
user 'user' 'pass'
lcd /home/data
get 'FileA' FileB
quit
cmd

Connected to 'IP_ADD'.
220 Connection will close if idle for more than 5 minutes.
331 Send password please.
530 PASS command failed
Login failed.

Local directory now /home/data
200 Representation type is Image
200 Port request OK.
530 Not logged in.
221 Quit command received. Goodbye.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Transfer Success

Hi I'm using Shell script which will ftp (download) a file from a host. I need to check whether the file has been transfered completley or not. Can anyone tell me how to do that? Thanks Ben (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abrd600
1 Replies

2. Solaris

ftp transfer

Hi ....I'm trying to ftp 2 pkgs SUNWqlc & SUNWqlcx since they were accidentally deleted from my servers. For one reaseon or the other my server is not loading the cdrom, so I mounted the cdrom on a differernt server & ftp's to it. I tried to get this pkg using the bin & I get an error message... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Remi
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

Error FTP transfer file

Hi all Pls help me this problem in FTP transfer file. I found in var/adm/syslog/syslog.log have some error when transfer file via FTP as below : Jan 10 12:35:32 ABC ftpd: FTP LOGIN FROM ABCA (Sucessfully Open session ) Jan 10 12:40:48 ABC ftpd: FTP LOGIN FROM ABCA (Sucessfully Open session... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cuongpc
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

file transfer using Ftp

Hi All, I am very new to shell scripting,I have some doubts how we can do a file transfer using ftp I wanted to transfer files using non_secure ftp and secure ftp(sftp) mode, for secure ftp i am using following code verbose="verbose" ftp="/usr/bin/ftp" user="ABC" pass="123"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhi
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Transfer through FTP

Hi Guys, I wanted to transfer files from FTP machine to Linux Machine. In this, I need to create a batch file that will connect to the Linux Machine and Transfer the files specified as the parameter to the files. Ex : transferfiles Product Time Geography Here transferfiles shld contain... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Swapna173
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

error while passive ftp file transfer

hi i am doing a passive ftp file transfer . during that i got the following error. "ftp> put FTPS_MAILBOX local: FTPS_MAILBOX remote: FTPS_MAILBOX 421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection Passive mode refused. Turning off passive mode. No control connection for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satyak
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP (File Transfer)

I am going to transfer file from UNIX directory to remote windows location and i wrote the script but i am getting the error as 'FTP: not found' or i am getting this error 'The file path is not found'. Please help me to resolve this problem as early as possible.(urgent). my script is, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praka
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp transfer in a for loop

Frdz, i have scenorio like i have to open ftp connection in a for loop and connect to the other server and upload the file again and again till the for loop ends but i am getting problem when i use the following code. for i in `ls ${SOURCE_DIR}/` do FOLDER_NAME=`basename $i` for j in `ls... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KiranKumarKarre
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with FTP Variable Transfer

Hey all, I'm trying to upload a file to my ftp server through an automated batch program. I will be uploading a file that's name changes according to you IP Address, so I am using the variable %ip% to represent the file's name. The problem occurs when it transfers over to the ftp portion of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: piking
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to see the status of all the ftp put & get files logs and curent ftp transfer status ?

How to see the status of all the ftp put & get files logs and curent ftp transfer status if any active ftp running in the background ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i4ismail
2 Replies
IO::All::FTP(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 IO::All::FTP(3pm)

NAME
IO::All::FTP - Extends IO::All to FTP URLs SYNOPSIS
use IO::All; "hello world " > io('ftp://localhost/test/x'); # save to FTP io('ftp//example.org/pub/xyz') > io('xyz'); # GET to file # two ways of getting a file with a password: $content < io('ftp://me:secret@example.org/xyz'); $content < io('ftp://example.org/xyz')->user('me')->password('secret'); DESCRIPTION
This module extends IO::All for dealing with FTP URLs. Note that you don't need to use it explicitly, as it is autoloaded by IO::All whenever it sees something that looks like an FTP URL. METHODS
This is a subclass of IO::All::LWP. The only new method is "ftp", which can be used to create a blank IO::All::FTP object; or it can also take an FTP URL as a parameter. Note that in most cases it is simpler just to call io('ftp//example.com'), which calls the "ftp" method automatically. OPERATOR OVERLOADING
The same operators from IO::All may be used. < GETs an FTP URL; > PUTs to an FTP URL. SEE ALSO
IO::All::LWP, IO::All, LWP. AUTHORS
Ivan Tubert-Brohman <itub@cpan.org> and Brian Ingerson <ingy@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007. Ivan Tubert-Brohman and Brian Ingerson. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.10.0 2007-03-29 IO::All::FTP(3pm)