Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How to shutdown Power Trust UPS Monitoring? Post 302143857 by Cameron on Sunday 4th of November 2007 11:03:18 PM
Old 11-05-2007
Change to /etc/opt/resmon/monitors and inspect your *.config files.
You may find something there to assist.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Cam

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A question about kernel module and system power-shutdown

Dear all, I've just installed a Vanilla kernel (last stable version downloaded from www.kernel.org) as an exercice in order to better understand how to compile linux kernel. I loaded the .config file of the current kernel (Redhat kernel) in the menuconfig in order to restore all already... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dariyoosh
0 Replies

2. Solaris

configuring user as trust

Hi Gurus, Got another issue. I am trying to configure a user to run some scripts through trusted user where in while logging to remote system it shouldn't ask for password. i did following to get it working but its not working i create a private and public key with the below... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Not Trust Host 10.10.10.10

I get a message similar to this, in the syslog file. Actually, I am trying to let the host at 10.10.10.10 access the HP-UX system. How do I get it trusted? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: instant000
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to force Oracle database shutdown when shutdown immediate does not work

I have Oracle 9i R2 on AIX 5.2. My Database is running in shared server mode (MTS). Sometimes when I shutdown the database it shutsdown cleanly in 4-5 mints and sometimes it takes good 15-20 minutes and then I get some ora-600 errors and only way to shutdown is by opening another session and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixhp
7 Replies

5. Linux

SCEP and Trust Anchor

Hi Does anybody knows about the simple certificate enrollment protocol details ? if yes please provide me the details. And what is a trust anchor profile ? Thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaitus.28
0 Replies

6. Solaris

SUNFIRE V240 procedure to shutdown with safety in order to replace power cables

Question: Which commands to use to shutdown with safety the server; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: doudou2012
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH Trust Testing

Hi, I want test the ssh trust between two host. It works fine if the trust is working fine but if the trust is not working fine it gets stuck. #!/bin/sh >/users/test/ssh.txt for i in `cat /users/test/host.txt`; do ssh test@$i uname -a >> /users/test/ssh.txt test=`cat... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhayman
0 Replies
BESTUPS(8)						      Network UPS Tools (NUT)							BESTUPS(8)

NAME
bestups - Driver for Best Power / SOLA (Phoenixtec protocol) UPS equipment NOTE
This man page only documents the hardware-specific features of the bestups driver. For information about the core driver, see nutups- drv(8). SUPPORTED HARDWARE
bestups was designed to monitor Best Power UPS hardware like the Fortress, Fortress Telecom, and Patriot Pro. It also recognizes and sup- ports SOLA units such as the 520 and 620. Other UPS hardware using the Phoenixtec protocol should also work, but they will generate a warning since their battery information is not known. This driver does not support some older Best/SOLA units. Try the bestfort driver if this one does not detect your UPS. EXTRA ARGUMENTS
This driver does not support any extra settings in the ups.conf(5). BUGS
The battery percentage is derived from the voltage data that the UPS returns, since the UPS doesn't return that value directly. On some hardware, the charge will remain at 100% for a long time and then drops quickly shortly before the battery runs out. You can confirm from the BATTVOLT readings that this is a problem with the UPS and not this driver. Similarly, the float from the charger in some models forces the battery charge percentage back up to 100% immedately after the UPS goes back on-line, so you can't tell when it is really recharged. Finally, some models give one value for the battery's nominal voltage and yet actually have a nominal voltage slightly below that. This leads to things such as the perpetual 98.7% charge on the author's Fortress 750, even when it's been charging for weeks. AUTHOR
Russell Kroll SEE ALSO
The core driver: nutupsdrv(8) Internet resources: The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.exploits.org/nut/ NUT mailing list archives and information: http://lists.exploits.org/ Tue Jul 30 2002 BESTUPS(8)