Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Compilation error on namespaces in system header debug.h Post 302143830 by porter on Sunday 4th of November 2007 12:26:54 PM
Old 11-04-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimon
Sorry to waste anyone's time on this.
No worries. We have all done similar, I'm sure.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Problem with namespaces

Hello all, I am having a problem with the following program on AIX:- // Namespace.cxx #include <iostream> using namespace std; #include <iostream.h> int main() { // cout<<"Hello world"; return 0; } On compilation:- $ xlC Namespace.cxx... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gupta_ca
0 Replies

2. Programming

Regarding compilation error.

Hi All, I facing the following compilation error; when I implementing the following logic. ostrstream ostr; ostr << (( scAxsm.getRecord( i ).getField( 2 ).getShort())%12)!=0?(( scAxsm.getRecord( i ).getField( 2 ).getShort())/12+1) : (( scAxsm.getRecord( i ).getField( 2 ).getShort())/12) <<... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sweta
1 Replies

3. Programming

compilation error

Hi, While trying compile a C++ file in UNIX with gcc whose make rule involves the usage of /usr/ccs/bin/as, I get the following error: /usr/ccs/bin/as: No such file or directory /usr/ccs/bin/as: error: write error on output file "<filename>.o" *** Error code 1 clearmake: Error: Build... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smanu
2 Replies

4. Programming

Compilation error

I am compiling a software xchm on solaris 10. First i run './configure' There is no error. But when i start compiling using 'gmake' following error shown /usr/local/include/wx-2.6/wx/x11/brush.h: In copy constructor `wxBrush::wxBrush(const wxBrush&)':... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using System calls without compilation

Hi... I would like to create a program that can be easily ported between several Linuxes... Therefore I would like to avoid compilation and have the ability to run it as shell scripts runs... My program need to call some system calls such as fork etc... do you know a way to use them without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yamsin789
1 Replies

6. Linux

c++ compilation error

Hello every one, here i am attempting to compile a c++ module using gcc.it is throwing a error . error: ==== > make -S dummyCHARGP /usr/local/bin/gcc -g -DDEBUG -DMAT -I. -I/swtemp/usbs/cc/unix-ce/root/subsys/lib/Linux/ -I/opt/dce/include -I/opt/dce/include/dce ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mannam srinivas
12 Replies

7. HP-UX

compilation error

hello everyone, here i am attempting to compile a c++ submodule.OS is HP-UX. here i am getting the following error. ====================================== "Make: Don't know how to make compile. Stop." =================================== could you pls somebody suggest why this error is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mannam srinivas
2 Replies

8. Programming

Compilation error : Please help

state_field state_abvr = { "AL","ALABAMA", "AK","ALASKA", "AZ","ARIZONA", "AR","ARKANSAS", "CA","CALIFORNIA", "CO","COLORADO", "CT","CONNECTICUT", "DE","DELAWARE", "DC","DISTRICT-OF-COLUMBIA", "FL","FLORIDA", "GA","GEORGIA", "HI","HAWAII", "ID","IDAHO", "IL","ILLINOIS",... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagan_kalluri
1 Replies

9. Programming

Header file compilation using gcc in Sparc Solaris

I am facing problem while migrating the c++ code from Linux to Solaris. In linux the code is absolutly compiled fine with GCC compiler but when i am using the same in Solaris it coomplains bash-3.1$ gcc LibSip.h gcc: Compilation of header file requested The same command is working fine in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrupesh74
2 Replies

10. Programming

Configure: error: X Window system libraries and header files are required

I am trying to compile thunar 1.8.4. It is giving me this error. configure: error: X Window system libraries and header files are required Ubuntu Mate 18.04 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
2 Replies
SHELL-QUOTE(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    SHELL-QUOTE(1)

NAME
shell-quote - quote arguments for safe use, unmodified in a shell command SYNOPSIS
shell-quote [switch]... arg... DESCRIPTION
shell-quote lets you pass arbitrary strings through the shell so that they won't be changed by the shell. This lets you process commands or files with embedded white space or shell globbing characters safely. Here are a few examples. EXAMPLES
ssh preserving args When running a remote command with ssh, ssh doesn't preserve the separate arguments it receives. It just joins them with spaces and passes them to "$SHELL -c". This doesn't work as intended: ssh host touch 'hi there' # fails It creates 2 files, hi and there. Instead, do this: cmd=`shell-quote touch 'hi there'` ssh host "$cmd" This gives you just 1 file, hi there. process find output It's not ordinarily possible to process an arbitrary list of files output by find with a shell script. Anything you put in $IFS to split up the output could legitimately be in a file's name. Here's how you can do it using shell-quote: eval set -- `find -type f -print0 | xargs -0 shell-quote --` debug shell scripts shell-quote is better than echo for debugging shell scripts. debug() { [ -z "$debug" ] || shell-quote "debug:" "$@" } With echo you can't tell the difference between "debug 'foo bar'" and "debug foo bar", but with shell-quote you can. save a command for later shell-quote can be used to build up a shell command to run later. Say you want the user to be able to give you switches for a command you're going to run. If you don't want the switches to be re-evaluated by the shell (which is usually a good idea, else there are things the user can't pass through), you can do something like this: user_switches= while [ $# != 0 ] do case x$1 in x--pass-through) [ $# -gt 1 ] || die "need an argument for $1" user_switches="$user_switches "`shell-quote -- "$2"` shift;; # process other switches esac shift done # later eval "shell-quote some-command $user_switches my args" OPTIONS
--debug Turn debugging on. --help Show the usage message and die. --version Show the version number and exit. AVAILABILITY
The code is licensed under the GNU GPL. Check http://www.argon.org/~roderick/ or CPAN for updated versions. AUTHOR
Roderick Schertler <roderick@argon.org> perl v5.16.3 2010-06-11 SHELL-QUOTE(1)