Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Request Help Finding a Kybd, Mouse, Graphics Card Post 302143828 by MikeJ on Sunday 4th of November 2007 12:21:09 PM
Old 11-04-2007
Thanks for the reply. Getting closer, not there yet. I just found out that the serial ports I use routinely for ASMI will NOT work for getting command line displays. I just found this:

About Virtualization from unix.ittoolbox.com/ (Dated Nov 25, 2005):

"You cannot use the internal serial ports of any p5 server (as this one is, with AIX 5.3 already loaded) because they are already configured as Virtual Serial Devices shared between any partition you create in the p5 server. IBM confirmed to me the same thing: the serial cards are there but are not available since you don't install VIO. I know it is frustrating to buy a (multiple) serial ports adapter just to use one, but this is IBM."

I will be talking more to IBM Tech Support first thing tomorrow morning (5 Nov 2007). X-windows will not work at all because I have no access to the command line interface, so I cannot prep the server to use X-windows.

To All Readers: I am open to any and all recommended combinations of adapters, interfaces, etc., that will get me to the command line and are proven to work. Recommendations as to what KVM, graphics card, keyboard, mouse, serial cards, USB cards, etc., are welcomed and may help someone else in the future. Specific item make and model, or part numbers will be most appreciated. I am logging progress steps for future reference. (None of the above items arrived with the server, nor did any documentation of any kind.)

Thanks,
MikeJ

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

removing graphics card

I have a SuSE8.1 Linux box running as a testing webserver to my small network. It's administered through ssh and webmin entirely, and doesn't have a monitor. I could really do with the graphics card for another machine, but if I take it out, I can't start the machine up. Any ideas how I can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mistafeesh
6 Replies

2. AIX

GXT250 graphics card fileset

Hello there! Can anybody help me with regards to the driver of GXT250P graphics adapter. I have searched the web for the fileset devices.pci.14103c00 however no success was found. My current AIX version is 4.1.5 and my machine is 7043-140. My installation AIX CD is not working anymore, so I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bright_genius
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Sparcstation 5 graphics card in Ultra 1 server

is it possible to swap the Turbo XGX graphics card in the SS5 to the ULTRA server 1 ? and do they use the same type of RAM ? Thx. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mads-nielsen
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help, how do I find out what graphics card I have?

I am on an HP C8000 running B.11.11, I have no idea how to tell what graphics card I have...and the amount of memory it has, driver, etc. Also, how do I tell how much ram the box itself has, and other memory information like swap and processor speed and all that. Any help out there for me? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satraver
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Is possible to start Xserver in a domain of E25K without graphics card?

Hi, I need to start the Xserver process in a domain of a E25K which has installed Solaris 8, however this domain doesn't have installed a graphic card, is this possible? Or is there any way to emulate this process? In fact I don't know how to stop or start the Xserver process, is with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolf8006
5 Replies

6. HP-UX

X server on HP-UX without graphics card

Hi Gurus, I'm trying to install Oracle on HP-UX 11.23. The Oracle installer needs an X server running on the box. You then start an X client on your PC, export the DISPLAY on UNIX and the installer displays on your PC. The problem is that my HP boxes do not have graphics cards installed. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kskywr
6 Replies

7. Solaris

M4000 graphics card

Hi Guys, Anyone know any commands to verify the graphics card is installed correctly on an M4000? show-displays just comes back and echoes nothing. Also there is on input-device or output-device variable when you run printenv. This in itself is worrying. Any advice would be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
4 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Installing NVIDIA-Linux 64-260.19.04.run graphics card

I am trying to install this NVIDIA-Linux 64-260.19.04.run graphics card, it is a GeForce GTX460 EVGA. I have tried all the commands to turn off the Xserver yes I can get it off yes I can get to root prompt or sudo prompt in home directory but every time I use the sh NVIDIA-Linux 64-260.19.04.run... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackdevon
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Finding speed of NIC Card

Hi, I would like to know how to find out ACTUAL speed of NIC Card. I have used the command ethtool eth0, it is showing supported modes, but what is acutal speed ? how to find out? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies
UHSO(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   UHSO(4)

NAME
uhso -- support for several HSxPA devices from Option N.V. SYNOPSIS
The module can be loaded at boot time by placing the following line in loader.conf(5): uhso_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The uhso driver provides support for several HSxPA devices from Option N.V. that are based on their packet interface. Each device has a set of serial ports and a raw IP packet interface. The serial ports of the device are accessed through the ucom(4) driver which makes them behave like tty(4) devices. The packet interface is exposed as a network interface. Establishing a connection on the packet interface is achieved by using the proprietary AT commands ``AT_OWANCALL'' and ``AT_OWANDATA'' on any of the available serial ports. The network interface must be configured manually using the data obtain from these calls. Each device usually have at least two or more serial ports, their individual purpose can be identified through sysctl(8). Ports identified as ``Modem'' features a normal modem interface that can be used with PPP. Ports identified as ``Diagnostic'' uses a proprietary binary interface used for firmware upgrades, this port does not have a AT command interface and can not be used to control the device. Other ports features an AT command interface that can be used for normal device control. HARDWARE
The uhso driver should work with most devices from Option. The following devices have been verified to work o Option GlobeSurfer iCON 7.2 (new firmware) o Option GlobeTrotter Max 7.2 (new firmware) o Option iCON 225 o Option iCON 452 o Option iCON 505 The device features a mass storage device referred to as ``Zero-CD'' which contains drivers for Microsoft Windows; this is the default mode for the device. The uhso driver automatically switches the device from ``Zero-CD'' mode to modem mode. This behavior can be disabled by setting hw.usb.uhso.auto_switch to 0 using sysctl(8). FILES
/dev/cuaU?.? EXAMPLES
Establishing a packet interface connection using the AT command interface available at one of the serial ports AT+CGDCONT=1,,"apn.provider" AT_OWANCALL=1,1,1 OK _OWANCALL=1,1 AT_OWANDATA=1 _OWANDATA: 1, 10.11.12.13, 0.0.0.0, 10.2.3.4, 10.2.3.5, 0.0.0.0, 0.0.0.0, 72000 Configuring the interface ifconfig uhso0 10.11.12.13 up route add default -interface uhso0 echo "nameserver 10.2.3.4" > /etc/resolv.conf echo "nameserver 10.2.3.5" >> /etc/resolv.conf The connection can be terminated with AT_OWANCALL=1,0,1 SEE ALSO
uhsoctl(1), ucom(4), usb(4) AUTHORS
The uhso driver was written by Fredrik Lindberg <fli@shapeshifter.se>. BSD
July 20, 2010 BSD