Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Compilation error on namespaces in system header debug.h Post 302143809 by rimon on Sunday 4th of November 2007 04:33:25 AM
Old 11-04-2007
Thanks for your reply!
Before I even read it I found my problem and I'm quite ashamed to admit I didn't see it before.

I must say to my defense that I have inherited the makefiles I am using from people before me, and that they work fine on Linux and on AIX.
In case anyone is interested, the problem was that they use a compilation flag -D__debug so when the debug.h file tries to define a namespace named __debug, it is actually using the defined flag, and so it thinks it is defining the namespace with the name '1'.

Sorry to waste anyone's time on this.

RO

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Problem with namespaces

Hello all, I am having a problem with the following program on AIX:- // Namespace.cxx #include <iostream> using namespace std; #include <iostream.h> int main() { // cout<<"Hello world"; return 0; } On compilation:- $ xlC Namespace.cxx... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gupta_ca
0 Replies

2. Programming

Regarding compilation error.

Hi All, I facing the following compilation error; when I implementing the following logic. ostrstream ostr; ostr << (( scAxsm.getRecord( i ).getField( 2 ).getShort())%12)!=0?(( scAxsm.getRecord( i ).getField( 2 ).getShort())/12+1) : (( scAxsm.getRecord( i ).getField( 2 ).getShort())/12) <<... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sweta
1 Replies

3. Programming

compilation error

Hi, While trying compile a C++ file in UNIX with gcc whose make rule involves the usage of /usr/ccs/bin/as, I get the following error: /usr/ccs/bin/as: No such file or directory /usr/ccs/bin/as: error: write error on output file "<filename>.o" *** Error code 1 clearmake: Error: Build... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smanu
2 Replies

4. Programming

Compilation error

I am compiling a software xchm on solaris 10. First i run './configure' There is no error. But when i start compiling using 'gmake' following error shown /usr/local/include/wx-2.6/wx/x11/brush.h: In copy constructor `wxBrush::wxBrush(const wxBrush&)':... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using System calls without compilation

Hi... I would like to create a program that can be easily ported between several Linuxes... Therefore I would like to avoid compilation and have the ability to run it as shell scripts runs... My program need to call some system calls such as fork etc... do you know a way to use them without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yamsin789
1 Replies

6. Linux

c++ compilation error

Hello every one, here i am attempting to compile a c++ module using gcc.it is throwing a error . error: ==== > make -S dummyCHARGP /usr/local/bin/gcc -g -DDEBUG -DMAT -I. -I/swtemp/usbs/cc/unix-ce/root/subsys/lib/Linux/ -I/opt/dce/include -I/opt/dce/include/dce ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mannam srinivas
12 Replies

7. HP-UX

compilation error

hello everyone, here i am attempting to compile a c++ submodule.OS is HP-UX. here i am getting the following error. ====================================== "Make: Don't know how to make compile. Stop." =================================== could you pls somebody suggest why this error is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mannam srinivas
2 Replies

8. Programming

Compilation error : Please help

state_field state_abvr = { "AL","ALABAMA", "AK","ALASKA", "AZ","ARIZONA", "AR","ARKANSAS", "CA","CALIFORNIA", "CO","COLORADO", "CT","CONNECTICUT", "DE","DELAWARE", "DC","DISTRICT-OF-COLUMBIA", "FL","FLORIDA", "GA","GEORGIA", "HI","HAWAII", "ID","IDAHO", "IL","ILLINOIS",... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagan_kalluri
1 Replies

9. Programming

Header file compilation using gcc in Sparc Solaris

I am facing problem while migrating the c++ code from Linux to Solaris. In linux the code is absolutly compiled fine with GCC compiler but when i am using the same in Solaris it coomplains bash-3.1$ gcc LibSip.h gcc: Compilation of header file requested The same command is working fine in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrupesh74
2 Replies

10. Programming

Configure: error: X Window system libraries and header files are required

I am trying to compile thunar 1.8.4. It is giving me this error. configure: error: X Window system libraries and header files are required Ubuntu Mate 18.04 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
2 Replies
UNSHARE(1)							   User Commands							UNSHARE(1)

NAME
unshare - run program with some namespaces unshared from parent SYNOPSIS
unshare [options] program [arguments] DESCRIPTION
Unshares specified namespaces from parent process and then executes specified program. Unshareable namespaces are: mount namespace mounting and unmounting filesystems will not affect rest of the system (CLONE_NEWNS flag), except for filesystems which are explic- itly marked as shared (by mount --make-shared). See /proc/self/mountinfo for the shared flags. UTS namespace setting hostname, domainname will not affect rest of the system (CLONE_NEWUTS flag). IPC namespace process will have independent namespace for System V message queues, semaphore sets and shared memory segments (CLONE_NEWIPC flag). network namespace process will have independent IPv4 and IPv6 stacks, IP routing tables, firewall rules, the /proc/net and /sys/class/net directory trees, sockets etc. (CLONE_NEWNET flag). pid namespace children will have a distinct set of pid to process mappings than their parent. (CLONE_NEWPID flag). See the clone(2) for exact semantics of the flags. OPTIONS
-h, --help Print a help message, -m, --mount Unshare the mount namespace, -u, --uts Unshare the UTS namespace, -i, --ipc Unshare the IPC namespace, -n, --net Unshare the network namespace. -p, --pid Unshare the pid namespace. SEE ALSO
unshare(2), clone(2) BUGS
None known so far. AUTHOR
Mikhail Gusarov <dottedmag@dottedmag.net> AVAILABILITY
The unshare command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux January 2013 UNSHARE(1)