Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris trying to connect to internet Post 302143789 by vutty81 on Saturday 3rd of November 2007 06:24:45 PM
Old 11-03-2007
another problem

thanks for helping me out porter. i have another problem now... I put it in a dir called "justin" below my root dir. i copied it "cp rf-2.4.0.tar.gz /justin"
and now when i try to "sh install" in the justin dir it gives me "install: install: cannot open" and i also tried "sh usr/sbin/install" and it gave me usage: install [options] file [dir ...]" so i think my syntax is a little off on this one. but i tried doing "install rf-2.4.0" and "sh install rf-2.4.0" and im just out of ideas now.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot connect to the Internet

I running HPUX 11.0, Netscape gives me an error "Unable to locate Server" when using a www.something.com address. If I use an IP address I get past the router and onto the Internet. My workstation can get to the Router @ 192.168.0.1 and also it's local APACHE server. I have DHCP enabled... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnalt
8 Replies

2. Solaris

How to connect Solaris 10 to the internet ?!

ive installed a fresh copy of solaris 10 on a E3500 Server machine, i gave it a static IP address , 192.168.1.15 its a test server in our office (small office) we are using LINKSYS as our internet router and DHCP as well .. its IP is 192.168.1.1 and ive added this IP as Default route on the server... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduweik
9 Replies

3. Solaris

how to connect to internet on Solaris 10

Hi, I am new to Solaris just migrating from Windows XP. I want to connect to internet but I have problem with configuration. My ISP has provided me a router.I get internet connection through DHCP. I don't know any proxy or subnetmask or any IP address that requires during configuration of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pappu2008
1 Replies

4. Solaris

How to connect to Internet

Hi I installed solaris developer edition 1/08 today.I want to connect to Broadband internet through my ADSL 2+ Modem/Router with a username and password. plz help in this case,I am new to sun solaris:confused: the modem itself is a router it worked well on ubuntu and red hat (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santugvd
3 Replies

5. Linux

how to connect internet????

HI, Am using GPRS ( MOB # 3230 ) internet connection in windows Hw to use internet r connect in linux.. ( Red Hat Linux Ver.10 ) Please help me.. Thanks in adv.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bharath raja
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 10 - How to connect to internet

I recently installed solaris 10 on a seperate hard disk in my desktop pc. My first hard disk is running windows xp. I am totally new to solaris. Please help me to connect to the internet through solaris 10. I read a few threads, and re-installed solaris 10 by giving 'Yes' to the question that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hari86av
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Can't connect to Internet

Dear freinds... I downloaded solaris for x86 and was able to configure the lan correctly.. I can ping and share with other destops through lan... but still I can't connect to internet ? can you please help.. I put my default gateway which is 192.168.1.1 to /etc/defaultrouter but with no use..... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
13 Replies

8. Linux

How to connect to internet

Hi, Can someone guide me regarding how to connect to internet. what are steps? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren nandale
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to connect internet in Linux OS?

What all is required so that I can use internet on my Linux OS My OS: Red Hat Fedora version: 2.6 I have to connect via my Nokia cell phone via cable. This way only I had been using internet on my Windows OS. If any software is required to install on my UNIX for internet, then I don't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
1 Replies

10. IP Networking

How to connect internet in Linux OS

How to enable internet on my Linux OS My OS: Red Hat Fedora Release 9 (Sulphur) version: 2.6 I have to connect via my Nokia cell phone via cable. This way only I had been using internet on my Windows OS. If any software is required to install on my UNIX for internet, then I don't have any. If... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
14 Replies
INSTALL-INFO(1) 						   User Commands						   INSTALL-INFO(1)

NAME
install-info - update info/dir entries SYNOPSIS
install-info [OPTION]... [INFO-FILE [DIR-FILE]] DESCRIPTION
Install or delete dir entries from INFO-FILE in the Info directory file DIR-FILE. OPTIONS
--delete delete existing entries for INFO-FILE from DIR-FILE; don't insert any new entries. --dir-file=NAME specify file name of Info directory file. This is equivalent to using the DIR-FILE argument. --entry=TEXT insert TEXT as an Info directory entry. TEXT should have the form of an Info menu item line plus zero or more extra lines starting with whitespace. If you specify more than one entry, they are all added. If you don't specify any entries, they are determined from information in the Info file itself. --help display this help and exit. --info-file=FILE specify Info file to install in the directory. This is equivalent to using the INFO-FILE argument. --info-dir=DIR same as --dir-file=DIR/dir. --item=TEXT same as --entry TEXT. An Info directory entry is actually a menu item. --quiet suppress warnings. --remove same as --delete. --section=SEC put this file's entries in section SEC of the directory. If you specify more than one section, all the entries are added in each of the sections. If you don't specify any sections, they are determined from information in the Info file itself. --version display version information and exit. REPORTING BUGS
Email bug reports to bug-texinfo@gnu.org, general questions and discussion to help-texinfo@gnu.org. Texinfo home page: http://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc. There is NO warranty. You may redistribute this software under the terms of the GNU General Public License. For more information about these matters, see the files named COPYING. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for install-info is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and install-info programs are properly installed at your site, the command info install-info should give you access to the complete manual. install-info 4.8 December 2004 INSTALL-INFO(1)