Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: wifi in linux problem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers wifi in linux problem Post 302143770 by cbkihong on Saturday 3rd of November 2007 01:05:16 PM
Old 11-03-2007
Which model of wireless interface (built-in wireless is still an interface)?

If you have one of the newer Intel 3945/4965 wireless cards, you may want to check out Intel® Wireless WiFi Link drivers for Linux*, or install packages are provided by Intel for Linux.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

WiFi

Can 2 computers be connected (FreeBSD and notebook with WinXP) via WiFi if both have WiFi net cards? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitori
9 Replies

2. IP Networking

WiFi Help through shell

So as a graduation gift (:D) I was given a laptop... But not just a laptop a OLPC (laptop.org) and I'm trying to access my local LAN but because of security issues and compatibility issues I opted to drop the wpa and wep for a hidden SSID (I monitor it closely and change the SSID regularly). So... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: VRoemer
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configure wifi throught console problem, GUI is OK

Hi gurus, I am trying to connect to wifi access point with terminal, I set up my own access point (no encryption or MAC filters) I ran followings commands $ sudo iwlist eth1 scanning eth1 Scan completed : Cell 01 - Address: 00:11:2F:A2:99:1C ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wakatana
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 11 and wifi?

I'm running the 64bit Solaris 11 liveCD and I am having problems with my wifi adapter. It appears to be recognized by the system, but does not show up with dladm, ifconfig, or under the graphical network management icon. I can see my device listed under the driver program on the desktop as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bsdforme
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

wifi issues

Having Issues with wifi in BlackBuntu on my Asus U52F-BBG6 it doesn't see any wifi networks in my neighborhood even though I know they are there. I can connect on my BackTrack 5 R1 side but not on my BlackBuntu side. I have the same network manager Wicd on both my backtrack and blackbuntu but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stephen45ss
1 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Wifi Could Not Connect

Hi, I already install bcwl kernel. I can see list of wifi AP. When i try connect, i said wrong password. When i test on windows, can connect. What i miss? Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzainal
0 Replies

7. Debian

Problem with Wifi driver on Debian Jessie

Hi, I am Konrad , I am a new user of this forum. I am from Poland, so my English isn't good enough. So please be forgiving for me. I read about Bits club or something like that, So I don't know, that I am allowed to write here. But nevertheless I have faced with small problem with wifi driver on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kondziorek
4 Replies

8. Hardware

Problem with Broadcom BCM43225 wifi interface on an Acer Aspire laptop

Hi This is a question about Broadcom BCM43225 wifi interface on an Acer Aspire laptop I just had a fresh install of ubuntu 16.04 on my acer aspire laptop and I am having a difficult issue with my wifi connection. Every time I restart my laptop I get the wifi connection working, but after a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: faizlo
0 Replies

9. Hardware

HP notebook PC wifi card whitelist problem

I have hp dv6 and dv7 notebook pcs on which I want to upgrade the wifi cards but when I install the new cards and boot them, the they won't even boot to the bios and they both give me the same error: "104-Unsupported wireless network device detected. System Halted. Remove device and restart." When... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: milhan
1 Replies
seeded-in-ubuntu(1)					      General Commands Manual					       seeded-in-ubuntu(1)

NAME
seeded-in-ubuntu - Determine whether a package is safe to upload during a freeze SYNOPSIS
seeded-in-ubuntu [options] package... DESCRIPTION
Lists all the current daily images containing the specified packages. Or whether the package is part of the supported seed. If it isn't on an image, it should be safe to upload. During the final freeze, one should avoid packages in the supported seed too. An index of the current manifests is downloaded from UbuntuWire. OPTIONS
-b, --binary The packages specified are binary packages. This is faster than source packages, as otherwise we must query LP to determine the binary packages that every specified source package builds. -u URL, --data-url=URL URL for index of seeded packages. Default: UbuntuWire's service at http://qa.ubuntuwire.org/ubuntu-seeded-packages/seeded.json.gz. -h, --help Display a help message and exit EXAMPLES
All the images that contain unity: seeded-in-ubuntu -b unity AUTHORS
seeded-in-ubuntu and this manpage were written by Stefano Rivera <stefanor@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the terms of the ISC License. ubuntu-dev-tools December 2011 seeded-in-ubuntu(1)