Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: DNS ENUM RR interpretation
Special Forums IP Networking DNS ENUM RR interpretation Post 302143755 by smanu on Saturday 3rd of November 2007 07:11:07 AM
Old 11-03-2007
DNS ENUM RR interpretation

Hi Guys,

This is really really urgent. Am looking out for some quick answers.

I'm developing a DNS Resolver client that interprets DNS Query repsonses & pass on the needful to DNS applications.

When an ENUM query(modified to an nslookup naptr query) is issued & an NAPTR RR(Resource Record) is obtained, how is the Regexp(Rule) applied to the domain name or URI? I have gone through RFC's but I'm not very clear with how a Regexp(Rule) is to be interpreted or applied!

For example,
Domain Name: 9.8.7.6.5.4.3.2.1.9.8.e164i.arpa

NAPTR RR:
;; order pref flags service regexp replacement
IN NAPTR 0 0 "U" "E2U+sip" "!^.*$!sip:\1234567@errata.com!" (root)

How should the regexp(rule) be applied to the domain name.

Anticipating a reply!
Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

interpretation of sar

hello with a sar i have this result: System configuration: lcpu=48 ent=4.00 14:06:37 %usr %sys %wio %idle physc %entc 14:06:39 26 9 3 62 1.63 40.7 14:06:41 26 9 3 63 1.58 39.4 14:06:43 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
0 Replies

2. Programming

what is the base type of enum

helo i have asked in exam what that what is the base type of enum options are given bewlo (1) long int (2) short int (3) signed int (4) unsigned int can u tell me what is the exact answer from the above option Regards, Amit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris DNS Client For Microsoft DNS Server

hey guys, how to add soalris box as a microsoft DNS Client ? and how to register in the microsoft DNS ?? i managed to query from the DNS server after adding /etc/resolve.conf and editing /etc/nsswitch.conf but i need to register the soalris server (dns Client) into Microsoft DNS automatically.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduweik
3 Replies

4. Programming

enum in c++

#include <iostream> #include <stdio.h> using namespace std; typedef struct A { enum a{ red,blue,green}a; }obj11; obj11 obj1; int main() { //obj1.a=red; // how to set variable ? cout<<"sizeof struct is n"<<sizeof(obj1); cout<<"obj1.a is"<<obj1.a; if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DNS server choice: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND

I'd like to get some opnions on choosing DNS server: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND comparrsion: 1) managment, easy of use 2) Security 3) features 4) peformance 5) ?? I personally prefer Windows DNS server for management, it supports GUI and command line. But I am not sure about security... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
2 Replies

6. Programming

enum and C preprocessor

Say I have a list of enumerations I wish to use to select a variable at compile-time: enum pins { PIN_A=1, PIN_B=7, PIN_C=6, } int VAR1, VAR2, VAR3, VAR4, VAR5, VAR6, VAR7; #define PIN_TO_VAR(NUM) VAR ## NUM int main(void) { PIN_TO_VAR(PIN_A)=32;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corona688
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

DHCP & DNS - Clients get IP but don't register in DNS

I am trying to setup a CentOS 6.2 server that will be doing 3 things DHCP, DNS & Samba for a very small office (2 users). The idea being this will replace a very old Win2k server. The users are all windows based clients so only the server will be Linux based. I've installed CentOS 6.2 with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FireBIade
4 Replies

8. Programming

C- trying to code a 'spare array'; 'enum' fauled.

I am trying to implement a spare array in C that would be referenced by regular integers. Right away: define array for maximum possible index elements completely is not what I trying to get!!! It should be a construction that would have just 2 elements if I need to have just two indexes, like... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
8 Replies

9. Programming

Mixed enum types - coverity defect

Hi All, I came across this error "MIXING ENUM TYPES" when I run my C program against the Coverity Tool. I've made many search relating to the error, but I didnt find the exact solution. Can anyone help me to overcome this.? Thanks in Advance.!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Parameswaran
3 Replies

10. Solaris

DNS client added to DNS server but not working

Hi, We have built a new server (RHEL VM)and added that IP/hostname into dns zone configs file on DNS server (Solaris 10). Reloaded the configuration using and added nameserver into resolv.conf on client. But when I am trying nslookup, its not getting resolved. The nameserver is not able to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
8 Replies
Regexp::Common::URI::tv(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Regexp::Common::URI::tv(3)

NAME
Regexp::Common::URI::tv -- Returns a pattern for tv URIs. SYNOPSIS
use Regexp::Common qw /URI/; while (<>) { /$RE{URI}{tv}/ and print "Contains a tv URI. "; } DESCRIPTION
$RE{URI}{tv} Returns a pattern that recognizes TV uris as per an Internet draft [DRAFT-URI-TV]. Under "{-keep}", the following are returned: $1 The entire URI. $2 The scheme. $3 The host. REFERENCES
[DRAFT-URI-TV] Zigmond, D. and Vickers, M: Uniform Resource Identifiers for Television Broadcasts. December 2000. [RFC 2396] Berners-Lee, Tim, Fielding, R., and Masinter, L.: Uniform Resource Identifiers (URI): Generic Syntax. August 1998. SEE ALSO
Regexp::Common::URI for other supported URIs. AUTHOR
Damian Conway (damian@conway.org) MAINTAINANCE
This package is maintained by Abigail (regexp-common@abigail.be). BUGS AND IRRITATIONS
Bound to be plenty. LICENSE and COPYRIGHT This software is Copyright (c) 2001 - 2009, Damian Conway and Abigail. This module is free software, and maybe used under any of the following licenses: 1) The Perl Artistic License. See the file COPYRIGHT.AL. 2) The Perl Artistic License 2.0. See the file COPYRIGHT.AL2. 3) The BSD Licence. See the file COPYRIGHT.BSD. 4) The MIT Licence. See the file COPYRIGHT.MIT. perl v5.18.2 2013-03-08 Regexp::Common::URI::tv(3)