Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting test command looks strange... Post 302143719 by jjinno on Friday 2nd of November 2007 07:18:57 PM
Old 11-02-2007
test command looks strange...

I just ran into this today, and don't know what to make of it...
Code:
if test x$SERVER = x
then
        echo $USAGE
        exit 1
fi

I know what everything in there does, except for the 'x' jazz...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange error message with regex test...

Hi all, I have a script where i need to check the format of a string. finally, i'm waiting a "process name" and 2 numbers separated by a "," string like : "this_is_a_string.txt,1,10 should be ok" string ok : "apache.exe,1,10" string ok : "mysqld,50,0" string not ok : "ap ache,1,10"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fgilain
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sort command - strange behaviour

Hi guys, I have the following example data: A;00:00:19 B;00:01:02 C;00:00:13 D;00:00:16 E;00:02:27 F;00:00:12 G;00:00:21 H;00:00:19 I;00:00:13 J;00:13:22 I run the following sort against it, yet the output is as follows: sort -t";" +1 -nr example_data.dat A;00:00:19 (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: miwinter
16 Replies

3. Programming

a strange segment fault about ltp-posix test

Hi all In the ltp-posix test,there is a case in open_posix_testsuite\conformance\interfaces\timer_gettime\speculative/6-1.c I run the above code,it will has a segment fault, if I modify it to below,it works well Anybody can tell me why? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Getting strange output of who -r command

Hi At OK> prompt, I have run the boot -s command After system is coming on to multiuser state, when I run the " who -r" command, I get the following message # who -r run-level Oct 17 03:48 last= Means I dont see "S" after run-level keyword. Could any one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange cat command

What does the below statement means ? cat "$1" > /tmp/file.$$ 2>/tmp/file0.$$ Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csrohit
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange result using find command.

I created a file with the permissions of 776. When I ran the command find /root/Desktop -perm -644 -type f The created file shows up as part of the results. Doesn't -perm -mode mean that for global, only 4(read) and 2(write) can be accepted ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hijanoqu
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find with rm command gives strange results

I want to remove any files that are older than 2 days from a directory. It deletes those files. Then it comes back with a message it is a directory. What am I doing wrong here? + find /mydir -mtime +2 -exec rm -f '{}' ';' rm: /mydir is a directory (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jtamminen
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Strange behavior from kill command

I am getting some strange behaviour from the kill command. When I run the which command it says it points to /usr/bin/kill. When I look at my PATH I have /usr/bin in it. So why does running kill or /usr/bin/kill produce different outputs? ghost ~ $ which kill /usr/bin/kill ghost ~ $ kill... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies
GNUNET-NAT-SERVER(1)					      General Commands Manual					      GNUNET-NAT-SERVER(1)

NAME
gnunet-nat-server - help GNUnet setup test network setup with NAT SYNOPSIS
gnunet-nat-server [options] PORT DESCRIPTION
Normal GNUnet end-users should not concern themselves with gnunet-nat-server. In fact, distributions are encouraged to consider not ship- ping it at all. Running gnunet-nat-server's is similar to running hostlist servers: it is a special service to the community with special requirements and no benefit to those running the service. This program will listen on the specified PORT for incoming requests to test a peer's network connectivity. Incoming requests can ask it to connect to a given IPv4 address (and port) using TCP or UDP and to send a 2-byte test message using the specified address. The program can also be asked to send a "fake" ICMP response message to a given IPv4 address (for autonomous NAT traversal --- see the description in the respective research paper). The idea is that gnunet-nat-server will be run on some trusted hosts with unrestricted connectivity to allow GNUnet users to test their network configuration. As written, the code allows any user on the Internet to cause the gnunet-nat-server to send 2-bytes of arbitrary data to any TCP or UDP port at any address. We believe that this is generally harmless. When running gnunet-nat-server, make sure to use a configuration that disables most NAT options but enables 'enable_nat_client' and sets 'internal_address' to the global IP address of your local host. Also, the gnunet-helper-nat-client should be installed locally and run with root privileges (SUID), otherwise the gnunet-nat-server will not work properly. Note that gnunet-nat-server could be run via gnunet-arm but typically is not. Also, the name of the host and port that gnunet-nat-server is run on should be specified in the NATSERVER option in the [setup] section of the configuration file of hosts that are supposed to auto- configure with this server. OPTIONS
-c FILENAME, --config=FILENAME Use the configuration file FILENAME. BUGS
Report bugs by using Mantis <https://gnunet.org/bugs/> or by sending electronic mail to <gnunet-developers@gnu.org> SEE ALSO
gnunet-transport(1) GNUnet 25 Feb 2012 GNUNET-NAT-SERVER(1)