Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris trying to connect to internet Post 302143677 by porter on Friday 2nd of November 2007 02:19:40 PM
Old 11-02-2007
Well done for getting files onto the machine.

Did you follow the instructions for installing the driver on your system? Where did the instructions come from?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot connect to the Internet

I running HPUX 11.0, Netscape gives me an error "Unable to locate Server" when using a www.something.com address. If I use an IP address I get past the router and onto the Internet. My workstation can get to the Router @ 192.168.0.1 and also it's local APACHE server. I have DHCP enabled... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnalt
8 Replies

2. Solaris

How to connect Solaris 10 to the internet ?!

ive installed a fresh copy of solaris 10 on a E3500 Server machine, i gave it a static IP address , 192.168.1.15 its a test server in our office (small office) we are using LINKSYS as our internet router and DHCP as well .. its IP is 192.168.1.1 and ive added this IP as Default route on the server... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduweik
9 Replies

3. Solaris

how to connect to internet on Solaris 10

Hi, I am new to Solaris just migrating from Windows XP. I want to connect to internet but I have problem with configuration. My ISP has provided me a router.I get internet connection through DHCP. I don't know any proxy or subnetmask or any IP address that requires during configuration of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pappu2008
1 Replies

4. Solaris

How to connect to Internet

Hi I installed solaris developer edition 1/08 today.I want to connect to Broadband internet through my ADSL 2+ Modem/Router with a username and password. plz help in this case,I am new to sun solaris:confused: the modem itself is a router it worked well on ubuntu and red hat (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santugvd
3 Replies

5. Linux

how to connect internet????

HI, Am using GPRS ( MOB # 3230 ) internet connection in windows Hw to use internet r connect in linux.. ( Red Hat Linux Ver.10 ) Please help me.. Thanks in adv.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bharath raja
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 10 - How to connect to internet

I recently installed solaris 10 on a seperate hard disk in my desktop pc. My first hard disk is running windows xp. I am totally new to solaris. Please help me to connect to the internet through solaris 10. I read a few threads, and re-installed solaris 10 by giving 'Yes' to the question that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hari86av
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Can't connect to Internet

Dear freinds... I downloaded solaris for x86 and was able to configure the lan correctly.. I can ping and share with other destops through lan... but still I can't connect to internet ? can you please help.. I put my default gateway which is 192.168.1.1 to /etc/defaultrouter but with no use..... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
13 Replies

8. Linux

How to connect to internet

Hi, Can someone guide me regarding how to connect to internet. what are steps? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren nandale
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to connect internet in Linux OS?

What all is required so that I can use internet on my Linux OS My OS: Red Hat Fedora version: 2.6 I have to connect via my Nokia cell phone via cable. This way only I had been using internet on my Windows OS. If any software is required to install on my UNIX for internet, then I don't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
1 Replies

10. IP Networking

How to connect internet in Linux OS

How to enable internet on my Linux OS My OS: Red Hat Fedora Release 9 (Sulphur) version: 2.6 I have to connect via my Nokia cell phone via cable. This way only I had been using internet on my Windows OS. If any software is required to install on my UNIX for internet, then I don't have any. If... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
14 Replies
tcprules(1)						      General Commands Manual						       tcprules(1)

NAME
tcprules - compile rules for tcpserver SYNOPSIS
tcprules rules.cdb rules.tmp OVERVIEW
tcpserver optionally follows rules to decide whether a TCP connection is acceptable. For example, a rule of 18.23.0.32:deny prohibits connections from IP address 18.23.0.32. tcprules reads rules from its standard input and writes them into rules.cdb in a binary format suited for quick access by tcpserver. tcprules can be used while tcpserver is running: it ensures that rules.cdb is updated atomically. It does this by first writing the rules to rules.tmp and then moving rules.tmp on top of rules.cdb. If rules.tmp already exists, it is destroyed. The directories containing rules.cdb and rules.tmp must be writable to tcprules; they must also be on the same filesystem. If there is a problem with the input, tcprules complains and leaves rules.cdb alone. The binary rules.cdb format is portable across machines. RULE FORMAT
A rule takes up one line. A file containing rules may also contain comments: lines beginning with # are ignored. Each rule contains an address, a colon, and a list of instructions, with no extra spaces. When tcpserver receives a connection from that address, it follows the instructions. ADDRESSES
tcpserver starts by looking for a rule with address TCPREMOTEINFO@TCPREMOTEIP. If it doesn't find one, or if TCPREMOTEINFO is not set, it tries the address TCPREMOTEIP. If that doesn't work, it tries shorter and shorter prefixes of TCPREMOTEIP ending with a dot. If none of them work, it tries the empty string. For example, here are some rules: joe@127.0.0.1:first 18.23.0.32:second 127.:third :fourth ::1:fifth If TCPREMOTEIP is 10.119.75.38, tcpserver will follow the fourth instructions. If TCPREMOTEIP is ::1, tcpserver will follow the fifth instructions. Note that you cannot detect IPv4 mapped addresses by matching "::ffff", as those addresses will be converted to IPv4 before looking at the rules. If TCPREMOTEIP is 18.23.0.32, tcpserver will follow the second instructions. If TCPREMOTEINFO is bill and TCPREMOTEIP is 127.0.0.1, tcpserver will follow the third instructions. If TCPREMOTEINFO is joe and TCPREMOTEIP is 127.0.0.1, tcpserver will follow the first instructions. ADDRESS RANGES
tcprules treats 1.2.3.37-53:ins as an abbreviation for the rules 1.2.3.37:ins, 1.2.3.38:ins, and so on up through 1.2.3.53:ins. Similarly, 10.2-3.:ins is an abbreviation for 10.2.:ins and 10.3.:ins. INSTRUCTIONS
The instructions in a rule must begin with either allow or deny. deny tells tcpserver to drop the connection without running anything. For example, the rule :deny tells tcpserver to drop all connections that aren't handled by more specific rules. The instructions may continue with some environment variables, in the format ,VAR="VALUE". tcpserver adds VAR=VALUE to the current envi- ronment. For example, 10.0.:allow,RELAYCLIENT="@fix.me" adds RELAYCLIENT=@fix.me to the environment. The quotes here may be replaced by any repeated character: 10.0.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=/@fix.me/ Any number of variables may be listed: 127.0.0.1:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",TCPLOCALHOST="movie.edu" SEE ALSO
tcprulescheck(1), tcpserver(1), tcp-environ(5) tcprules(1)