Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Facing issue in Solaris OS in crontab for running shell script Post 302143565 by mabrar on Friday 2nd of November 2007 02:08:12 AM
Old 11-02-2007
Facing issue in Solaris OS in crontab for running shell script

Hello

i have a shell script. it is running fine when i manually run at command prompt using following command

./script_file

but while running shell script from crontab, it is giving error in each line.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem running shell script (for oracle export) in crontab

Hello Gurus, I've been tasked with solving a problem at my new job and I'm stumped. We've got a script that dynamically builds an oracle export parameter files and then runs export from the shell. it runs fine when using the shell, but will NOT run (fails in one spot everytime) when entered... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jsheehan223
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

issue with running script with crontab

I am facing a strange issue while running a script(eg A) from the crontab entry the script calls one more script(eg B) within it now when i run the script A manually(with nohup) it also executes the script B (embedded inside it) as expected. but when i run the script A from the crontab entry... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

output file of the shell script running through crontab is deleting automatical daily.

Dear Friends, I am working on IBM AIX. I have written one script and kept in the crontab as to run daily at 11:38 AM. and the output of the script to be appended to the file generated with the month name. but my file deleting daily and the new file is creating with the output of the shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: innamuri.ravi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rah issue when running from crontab

Hi All, I've prepared a script, content is- #!/bin/bash echo "HI" > /tmp1 rah ";\ df -m" | sort -u >> /tmp1 echo "BYE" >> /tmp1 I've scheduled this script to be run thorugh crontab, but the script is not being able to run rah command. The output file is coming like this- $cat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH1302
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue while running from crontab

Hi All, Here is my command which I've scheduled to be run from crontab, but it's giving error message: rah: rahhost executable needed but not in PATH My cmd is- 36 10 * * * /opt/IBM/dwe/db2/V9.5/bin/rah "df -m" >> /db2home/bculinux/Files/log/db.out 2>&1 Though I've added path... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH1302
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Part of the Shell script is not running via crontab, runs fine manually

Hello Team, As a part of my job we have made a script to automate a service to restart frequently. Script having two functions when executing it's should find the existing service and kill it, then start the same service . Verified the script it's working fine when executing... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
18 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in running shell script in crontab

I'm having a shell script which has to be run only once at the specified time. Shell script is like following, #!/bin/bash db2 connect to XXX > connection_status.txt This script is scheduled in crontab as following, 50 4 8 5 0 sh script.sh scheduled script is run at the specified time... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajkumar Gandhi
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting issue-running the background script

I have written the below query to genrate a telephone.I am passing account number from oracle database. I am calling 2 scripts which generate the bill 1. bip.sh (it runs in the background) 2.runXitInvoice_PROFORMA_integ bip.sh generates a number which runXitInvoice_PROFORMA_integ uses.How... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Facing issue while installing weblogic on Solaris 11

Hi, i am facing issue while installing weblogic on solaris..its giving me invalid argument error. solaris is intstalled on my VM. uname -a SunOS Vishal 5.10 Generic_137138-09 i86pc i386 i86pc screenshot attached. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal Baghla
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with running commands from shell script

I'm trying to copy files from a remote windows server to Unix server. I was successfully able to copy files from windows server using command prompt but when I run these commands from a script it's not working as expected. commands used: sftp user@remoteserver.com lcd local_dir cd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naresh7590
3 Replies
scotty(1)                                                        Tnm Tcl Extension                                                       scotty(1)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
scotty - A Tcl shell including the Tnm extensions. SYNOPSIS
scotty ?fileName arg arg ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
scotty is a Tcl interpreter with extensions to obtain status and configuration information about TCP/IP networks. After startup, scotty evaluates the commands stored in .scottyrc and .tclshrc in the home directory of the user. SCRIPT FILES
If scotty is invoked with arguments then the first argument is the name of a script file and any additional arguments are made available to the script as variables (see below). Instead of reading commands from standard input scotty will read Tcl commands from the named file; scotty will exit when it reaches the end of the file. If you create a Tcl script in a file whose first line is #!/usr/local/bin/scotty2.1.11 then you can invoke the script file directly from your shell if you mark the file as executable. This assumes that scotty has been installed in the default location in /usr/local/bin; if it's installed somewhere else then you'll have to modify the above line to match. Many UNIX systems do not allow the #! line to exceed about 30 characters in length, so be sure that the scotty executable can be accessed with a short file name. An even better approach is to start your script files with the following three lines: #!/bin/sh # the next line restarts using scotty exec scotty2.1.11 "$0" "$@" This approach has three advantages over the approach in the previous paragraph. First, the location of the scotty binary doesn't have to be hard-wired into the script: it can be anywhere in your shell search path. Second, it gets around the 30-character file name limit in the previous approach. Third, this approach will work even if scotty is itself a shell script (this is done on some systems in order to handle multiple architectures or operating systems: the scotty script selects one of several binaries to run). The three lines cause both sh and scotty to process the script, but the exec is only executed by sh. sh processes the script first; it treats the second line as a comment and executes the third line. The exec statement cause the shell to stop processing and instead to start up scotty to reprocess the entire script. When scotty starts up, it treats all three lines as comments, since the backslash at the end of the second line causes the third line to be treated as part of the comment on the second line. VARIABLES
Scotty sets the following Tcl variables: argc Contains a count of the number of arg arguments (0 if none), not including the name of the script file. argv Contains a Tcl list whose elements are the arg arguments, in order, or an empty string if there are no arg arguments. argv0 Contains fileName if it was specified. Otherwise, contains the name by which scotty was invoked. tcl_interactive Contains 1 if scotty is running interactively (no fileName was specified and standard input is a terminal-like device), 0 otherwise. PROMPTS
When scotty is invoked interactively it normally prompts for each command with ``% ''. You can change the prompt by setting the variables tcl_prompt1 and tcl_prompt2. If variable tcl_prompt1 exists then it must consist of a Tcl script to output a prompt; instead of out- putting a prompt scotty will evaluate the script in tcl_prompt1. The variable tcl_prompt2 is used in a similar way when a newline is typed but the current command isn't yet complete; if tcl_prompt2 isn't set then no prompt is output for incomplete commands. SEE ALSO
Tnm(n), Tcl(n) AUTHORS
Juergen Schoenwaelder <schoenw@cs.utwente.nl> Tnm scotty(1)