Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Getting Solaris machine into Network Post 302143528 by panchpan on Thursday 1st of November 2007 11:30:41 PM
Old 11-02-2007
Hi Porter

What is your network configuration? --> DHCP

What network will your machine plug into? --> LAN/Internet

Is there a DHCP server which dynamically allocates IP addresses? --> YES

Have you been told on an IP address you must use? --> NO

Are you on a network that is going through a NAT router? -->YES

How are names going to be resolved? --> DNS

Which name server are you going to use? --> 10.68.XXX.XXX

Please advice.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Machine names changing on network

Hello, this is my first post, and yeah, I'm quite new to UNIX, so please bare with me... My question has to do with a few Macs on a Windows network, but since the question is not OS X specific (I think) or Windows specific (I think), but rather UNIXish (I think) I chose to post here rather than... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fxj
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Best possible communication mechanism between a Solaris machine and a windows machine

hi, I have some windows client machines which require a signal to be sent by a Solaris machine( SunOS 5.6) when ever a particular event occurs on that Solaris machine. What are possible communication mechanisms by which i can do this. the constraints are > the windows machines have to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krsh
7 Replies

3. IP Networking

RSH to Ubuntu machine from Solaris machine?

This is probably really basic compared to what you guys are usually talking about here, but I have a problem and I have no idea what to do about it. I try to RSH to my Ubuntu computer from my Solaris one and run into a dead end: >> rsh 192.168.1.103 ::ffff:192.168.1.103: Connection timed out... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to see network speed of virtual linux machine?

After installing PV (Para virtual drivers) drivers I m not able to check the network speed of my Ethernet port. Please check the output of mii-tool and ethtool. # mii-tool eth0 SIOCGMIIPHY on 'eth0' failed: Operation not supported # ethtool eth0 Settings for eth0: Link... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

How do I network a Suse installed machine with other computers, specifically Red hat Linux?

How do I network a Suse installed machine with other computers, specifically Red hat Linux? This is for a school project, and I can't find any pages that tell how to network a Suse to other computers except how to use a printer. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris ssh client hangs when connecting to another Solaris machine

Got a strange problem. I have 4 Solaris servers all configured the same, Solaris 10 x86 update 10. When I try to ssh from one Solaris 10 server to another server ssh hangs. I have an identical server and when I try this everything works fine. The weird thing is if I am root on the server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccj4467
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Network of Virtual machine not working

Hello, I have a problem. I have a server SPARC T3-1 with solaris 11 on the base. The server is working well. And then i did a virtual machine using again Solaris 11 to do this, but now my notwork on my virtual machine is not working anymore. There says that the network that i have created is... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: keziacp
11 Replies

9. IP Networking

Finding lost machine on network trouble

Couldn't find my PC on network. Root of evil the was in bad patch-cable. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: useretail
0 Replies
dhcpmgr(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       dhcpmgr(1M)

NAME
dhcpmgr - graphical interface for managing DHCP service SYNOPSIS
/usr/sadm/admin/bin/dhcpmgr DESCRIPTION
dhcpmgr is a graphical user interface which enables you to manage the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) service on the local sys- tem. It performs the functions of the dhcpconfig, dhtadm, and pntadm command line utilities. You must be root to use dhcpmgr. The dhcpmgr Help, available from the Help menu, contains detailed information about using the tool. USAGE
You can perform the following tasks using dhcpmgr: Configure DHCP service Use dhcpmgr to configure the DHCP daemon as a DHCP server, and select the data store to use for storing network configuration tables.. Configure BOOTP relay service Use dhcpmgr to configure the DHCP daemon as a BOOTP relay. Manage DHCP or BOOTP relay service Use dhcpmgr to start, stop, enable, disable or unconfigure the DHCP service or BOOTP relay service, or change DHCP server parameters. Manage DHCP addresses Use dhcpmgr to add, modify, or delete IP addresses leased by the DHCP service. Manage DHCP macros Use dhcpmgr to add, modify or delete macros used to supply configuration parameters to DHCP clients. Manage DHCP options Use dhcpmgr to add, modify or delete options used to define parameters deliverable through DHCP. Convert to a new DHCP data store Use dhcpmgr to configure the DHCP server to use a different data store, and convert the DHCP data to the format used by the new data store. Move DHCP data to another server Use dhcpmgr to export data from one Solaris DHCP server and import data onto another Solaris DHCP server. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWdhcm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dhcpconfig(1M), dhtadm(1M), pntadm(1M), in.dhcpd(1M), dhcpsvc.conf(4), dhcp_network(4), dhcptab(4), attributes(5), dhcp(5), dhcp_modules(5) Solaris DHCP Service Developer's Guide System Administration Guide: IP Services SunOS 5.10 13 Mar 2001 dhcpmgr(1M)