Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: #define in perl
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers #define in perl Post 302143388 by cbkihong on Thursday 1st of November 2007 05:45:24 AM
Old 11-01-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivasan_85
Also, please enlighten me if "\*" is used to get the address of a symbol and "\$" to get the address of a variable.
Mostly, yes, although the whole truth is more complicated. Look it up from the camel books when you have reached that far.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

mysterious #define

in the header file orville.h, outside of the #ifdef #endif , there is the following #define JOB_CONTROL /* support job-control */ As you can see, the JOB_CONTROL macro has no value associated with it. Here is what I go when I ran grep on the entire source code. $ grep -iR... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: frequency8
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Define multiple mail recipents in a variable in perl

hi I have a perl script from which I call a shell script and pass mail variable to it. The mail works fine if I give 1 recipient but fails for multiple. conv.pl:- $mialing = "anu\@abc.com" rest.sh $mialing rest.sh mail -s "hi" $1 This works fine But I need to define multiple... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: infyanurag
2 Replies

3. Programming

#define

Hello, I would like to conditionaly comment in my code source some fields from arrays. So I use the property ## from the #define definition. my code: ... #define slet /##* #define etsl *##/ ... const T_SVT_ADLL_A653_DESC A_DESC = { { slet qwerty etsl SLICING,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cypleen
3 Replies

4. Programming

help with #define in C

if i do this in C #define NUM 1234512345 then how come i cant print it out using int main(int argc, char **argv) { printf("%d\n", NUM); return 0; } well the result is -1219236538, why isnt it 1234512345 ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
7 Replies

5. Programming

#define in c

Hi, I had a head file, looks like #define MIN_NUM 10 #define MAX_NUM 10 is there any way to get "MAX_NUM" from 10? thanks. peter (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: laopi
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

In Perl can i define a hash with value as variable?

Hi, Is it possible in perl to have a hash defined with variables as theirs key values, like: %account = ('username' => 'boy', 'password' => $password); Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
1 Replies

7. Programming

When to define functions in C?

Hey everyone. So I'm looking at a few C programming resources, and it seems, by convention how you should write and define a function, is first declare it's existence before your main...then call it somewhere in your main, and then define after, at the end of the program? Is this necessary? I mean... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Define Variables

Hi, I just define the variable in script and use those script in another script but the variable not recognize. test1.sh #!/bin/bash DB="test_db" USR="test_user" PWD="test_pwd" HST="24.254.87.12" test2.sh #!/bin/bash ./test1.sh mysql -u $USR -p $PWD -h $HST... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fspalero
2 Replies
UilDumpSymbolTable(library call)										  UilDumpSymbolTable(library call)

NAME
UilDumpSymbolTable -- Dumps the contents of a named UIL symbol table to standard output SYNOPSIS
#include <uil/UilDef.h> void UilDumpSymbolTable( sym_entry_type *root_ptr); DESCRIPTION
The UilDumpSymbolTable function dumps the contents of a UIL symbol table pointer to standard output. root_ptr Specifies a pointer to the the symbol table root entry. This value can be taken from the parse_tree_root part of the Uil_com- pile_desc_type data structure returned by Uil. By following the link from the root entry, you can traverse the entire parse tree. Symbol table entries are in the following format: hex.address symbol.type symbol.data prev.source.position source.position modification.record where: hex.address Specifies the hexadecimal address of this entry in the symbol table. symbol.type Specifies the type of this symbol table entry. Some possible types are root, module, value, procedure, and widget. symbol.data Specifies data for the symbol table entry. The data varies with the type of the entry. Often it contains pointers to other symbol table entries, or the actual data for the data type. prev.source.position Specifies the end point in the source code for the previous source item. source.position Specifies the range of positions in the source code for this symbol. The exact data structures for each symbol type are defined in the include file UilSymDef.h. Note that this file is automatically included when an application includes the file UilDef.h. RELATED
Uil(3) UilDumpSymbolTable(library call)