Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers have a problem with if elif loop .. plz help me with the script Post 302143369 by Syms on Thursday 1st of November 2007 02:59:13 AM
Old 11-01-2007
thanks a lot...... Its working :-)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

NEED HELP PLZ! While Loop script needed!

PLZ Help us. I need to write a "while loop" script in borne shell to go into the /tmp directory every second and update me with the size of every file in the temp directory. My boss sprung this on me today and I have to have the script done by tomorrow. I can't loose my job, cause my wife and I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scoobydoo
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script problem ..Plz help ASAP

Hi folks, I have written down a UNIX script which actually FTP the file to other server. What is happening now , this script is not working only for 1 server , as it is working for 32 different FTP server . In this particular server , we are getting message “FTp:550 access denied”... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khan1978
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in while loop in a script

i have a script that will read each line and then grep a particular pattern and do some_stuff. Below the script while read j do q1=0 q1=`$j | grep 'INFO - LPBatch:' | wc -l` if then $j | tr -s " " | cut -d " " -f8,42,43 >> nav1.txt fi q2=0 q2=`$j | grep 'INFO - Number of Intervals... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
12 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if elif loop with read

I am trying to setup an if, elif statement that is dependant on a variable. If the user does not enter a valid option I would like it to prompt them again and start the loop over. Here is what I have so far: echo -n "enter variable (a, b, or c): " read freq if ; then echo "a" elif ;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BStanley346
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with while loop in shell script

Hi All, How to read a file upto last line(End Of Line) I wrote below program: cat R2_20060719.610.txt | while read LINE do echo "$LINE" done above code reading all lines from a file and skipping last line...... is there anything wrong in my code. Please help me out from this... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrgarlapati
20 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple shell script with elif and for nexxt

Hi! I have here a simple script to change the advskew on carp interfaces. The first is working, but the part for status, where a for is within a if/else delivers everyime only the action for the value "prod". Even when i use type test or dev. Where did i made the mistake? # $Log:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locutus01
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

simple script with while loop getting problem

Hello forum memebers. can you correct the simple while program. #! /bin/ksh count=10 while do echo $count count='expr$count-1' done I think it will print 10 to 1 numbers but it running for indefinite times. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with nested if...elif..else

Hi, I'm developing a script which will have a lot of options to be checked for and will be setting things / doing further things accordingly. I'm using a LOT of nested if, elif, else throughout my script. In some cases 5 to 6 levels deep. I'm facing some very basic problems. I've torn my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: umar.shaikh
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL script loop problem

I have written the below PERL script to reprocess messages from a failure queue. It basically browses all the messages in the failure queue to individual files in a directory and then scans those files to determine the originating queue. The script will then move each message in turn from the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris01010
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with elif and else

Hello experts, I am having problems with ELIF. Please see the below code : read a; read b; read c; if || || ; then echo "EQUILATERAL" elif || || ; then echo "SCALENE" else echo "ISOSCELES" fi This code works fine for the EQUILATERAL case but fails completely for the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: H squared
5 Replies
LOCALE_GET_DISPLAY_SCRIPT(3)						 1					      LOCALE_GET_DISPLAY_SCRIPT(3)

Locale::getDisplayScript - Returns an appropriately localized display name for script of the input locale

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
publicstatic string Locale::getDisplayScript (string $locale, [string $in_locale]) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style string locale_get_display_script (string $locale, [string $in_locale]) Returns an appropriately localized display name for script of the input locale. If is NULL then the default locale is used. PARAMETERS
o $locale - The locale to return a display script for o $in_locale - Optional format locale to use to display the script name RETURN VALUES
Display name of the script for the $locale in the format appropriate for $in_locale. EXAMPLES
Example #1 locale_get_display_script(3) example <?php echo locale_get_display_script('sl-Latn-IT-nedis', 'en'); echo "; "; echo locale_get_display_script('sl-Latn-IT-nedis', 'fr'); echo "; "; echo locale_get_display_script('sl-Latn-IT-nedis', 'de'); ?> Example #2 OO example <?php echo Locale::getDisplayScript('sl-Latn-IT-nedis', 'en'); echo "; "; echo Locale::getDisplayScript('sl-Latn-IT-nedis', 'fr'); echo "; "; echo Locale::getDisplayScript('sl-Latn-IT-nedis', 'de'); ?> The above example will output: Latin; latin; Lateinisch SEE ALSO
locale_get_display_name(3), locale_get_display_language(3), locale_get_display_region(3), locale_get_display_variant(3). PHP Documentation Group LOCALE_GET_DISPLAY_SCRIPT(3)