Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 11i install error
Operating Systems HP-UX 11i install error Post 302143245 by netwalker on Wednesday 31st of October 2007 09:05:53 AM
Old 10-31-2007
Are you sure that version you have is for PA-RISC and not IA-64?
Also, try other CDROM drive.

If nothing helps, it really might be hardware problem...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hp-ux 11i

Need to find the changes made in hp-ux11iv2 and how to migrate from hp-ux11i to hp-ux11iv2. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mhbd
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

HP-UX 11i

Need to find the changes made in hp-ux11iv2 and how to migrate from hp-ux11i to hp-ux11iv2. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mhbd
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

HP 11i 64

Hi, could somebody confirm that HP 11i 64 is a 64 bits system ? Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aribault
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Oracle 9i install: Error in invoking target install of makefile

I receive an error while installing Oracle 9i: Error in invoking target install of makefile /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/sqlplus/lib/ins_sqlplus.mk Furthermore: $ whoami oracle $ echo $ORACLE_HOME /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0 $ pwd /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/sqlplus/lib $ ll total... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris2005
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo install on HP UX 11i(basic question)

Hello folks, had a question. I was trying to install sudotool on HP -UX 11i. I downloaded gzip file from sudo site and unzipped to /tmp folder on HP box how do i install it?? do i need to run "swinstall" menu and then choose from there? THanks! karthik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

About compatibility of HP-UX 11i

Could you please tell me if Informix 7.20 UD2 works on HP-UX 11i and if applications that works on HP-UX 10.20 and Informix 7.20 UD2 works on HP-UX 11i. Thanks a lot. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irene Martínez
0 Replies

7. HP-UX

Where can i get hp-ux 11i v3

I have to access to hp integrity bl870c server blade and i have no hp-ux 11i v2 or 11i v3 DVD's where can i get a DVD or download it . as i have no direct contact with vendor . thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
4 Replies

8. HP-UX

Help needed HP UX 11.11i new install on C8000 Desktop messaging system error CAN'T FIX

Hi, I have a HP UX C8000 box , have installed 11.11i from 4 x cds numerous times to try to get a functioning Network or to try and get rid of this error on start up, after new install and 1st startup I get an error "The desktop messaging system could not be started" and then advice about... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: C8000
12 Replies

9. HP-UX

RX2620 11i V3 install halts at load ram disk

Hi there, hope you can help since I'm a novice and playing with this machine to maybe one day use it with our non-profit art project (plantage9.de). I have the proper media for itanium and everything seems okay, loads the DVD etc., until it halts without any progress for hours (see also image... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: plantage
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)