Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VLOOKUP utility in UNIX
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting VLOOKUP utility in UNIX Post 302143160 by cbkihong on Tuesday 30th of October 2007 09:31:29 PM
Old 10-30-2007
On what kind of data do you plan to act on? CSV?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with tip utility in unix

Hi , I have wrote a telnet clinet application to interact with remote system . This program takes the screen shots for every interaction and send back to us. After connecting to remote machine , i want to call tip utility to interact with a device which is connected to one remote system. Now my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadvsda
0 Replies

2. SCO

Zip utility in sco unix

how can zip a directory in sco unix and transfer it to any other system using ftp. and finally how can i unzip it regards, ajay (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajay234
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to implement VLOOKUP (Excel function) in Unix

Dear All, i want to implement vookup function which is there in excel into Unix. Suppose i have 2 files. The files are given below. File1: MSC Cell SDCA Patna-1 12 Bihar Patna-2 45 Ranchi Bhopal-1 85 Raigarh Bhopal-2 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pravani1
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

age utility in unix

Hi, Can anyone explain me the use of age utility and how it works? Looking forward reply... Thanks, Venkatesh. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help require for vLookup Utility same as in EXCEL

Hi guys, can someone please help me with a vlookup utility in shell script that does the work similar to Excel. Ex: If File1.txt is 1 2 11 4 12 and File2.txt is 1 tab1 2 tab2 3 tab3 4 tab4 5 tab5 then the utility should create File3.txt with the below mentioned output: (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: viveklgupta007
24 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to perform an action similar to vlookup between two csv files in UNIX

Hi, I am new to awk/unix and am trying to put together an awk script to perform an action similar to vlookup between the two csv files. Here are the contents of the two files: File 1: Date,ParentID,Number,Area,Volume,Dimensions 2014-01-01,ABC,247,83430.33,857.84,8110.76... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prit Siv
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX mail utility

Hi, I work on a Middleware application which is installed on Windows, but its file System is on HP UNIX. I am supposed to change the SMTP host address for my application. But I am not able to find the file where the old SMTP host would have been configured/hardcoded. Can anyone assist me on this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Vlookup on 2 files - inserting vlookup command on another command

Hello, i am trying to print group name column(etc/group) on script (etc/passwd) since group name is not listed on etc/passwd columns. Im trying to do a vlookup. but i cant figure out how i can insert the vlookup command FNR==NR inside the print out command or the output. I also tried exporting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joonisio
2 Replies

9. Linux

UNIX Utility Development Conventions?

I'm slowly hacking away at a zsh script that shows some promise as a command line tool. I want to learn more about the conventions regarding command line tool development in Unix (and/or macOS), but don't really know where to look for this information. What is the correct way, or convention, to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MonilGomes
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to compare two files in UNIX using similar to vlookup?

Hi, I want to compare same column in two files, if values match then display the column or display "NA". Ex : File 1 : 123 abc xyz pqr File 2: 122 aab fdf pqr fff qqq rrr (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hkoshekay
1 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)