Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Windows Scripting
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Windows Scripting Post 302143147 by porter on Tuesday 30th of October 2007 06:51:49 PM
Old 10-30-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsysadm2003
I would like to be able to do such things like extracting event logs from various servers, workstations, etc., verifying security settings, etc.
All suggestions are gratefully accepted Smilie
I would suggest "Visual Basic for Applications", but even this will be replaced by "Visual Studio Tools for Applications".

Previously I've written a simple eventlog tool in C using the WIN32 APIs OpenEventLog/ BackupEventLog/ ClearEventLog, these will work remotely.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

windows scripting for a batch job

I have been doing unix scripting for quite awhile and there seems to be a wealth of information on it. Now I am working on migrating an intel based application to a new server. I need to modify some existing scripts, but am having trouble finding information on windows scripting, a forum similar... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help configuring Active Perl on Windows Vista.: Perl Scripting on Windows

Hi All, Need help configuring Active Perl on Windows Vista. I am trying to install Active Perl on Windows Vista. The version of Active Perl i am trying to install is : ActivePerl 5.10.1 Build 1006 After installing it through cmd, When i try to run perl -v to check the version, i get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vabiosis
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting on Windows platform

Is there a free unix platform that will allow me to write a shell script on my Windows OS? I have my files on my C: drive and i need to write a script that reads from those files and does some manipulation. Its pretty straightforward in unix commands hence i don't want to write a Java/C++ program... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
3 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Need Help in Windows scripting

Dear Expert, Below code is for to take the backup of database by daily time stamp. I need vital help to make my script automatic sending me email if it sucess or fail. Code: echo on @REM Seamonkey’s quick date batch (MMDDYYYY format) @REM Setups %date variable @REM First parses... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alone
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

C Shell Scripting on SUA windows 7

hi, Even $eType is BSD_8GB echo $eType switch ( $eType ) case BSD_8GB: case BSD_12GB: echo "excuted BSD_8GB & BSD_12GB" breaksw default: echo "default" exit 0 endsw Result always default case printing. Please help.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gthangav
5 Replies
gnome-default-applications-properties(1)			   User Commands			  gnome-default-applications-properties(1)

NAME
gnome-default-applications-properties - set your default applications SYNOPSIS
gnome-default-applications-properties [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
The Preferred Applications preference tool allows you to specify the applications that you'd like the desktop to use when the desktop starts an application for you. For example, you can specify Xterm as your preferred terminal application. When you open the Desktop Back- ground menu and choose New Terminal, Xterm starts. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: gnome-std-optionStandard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching the Preferred Applications preference tool example% gnome-default-applications-properties EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-default-aExecutablesforoPreferred Applications preferences tool ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-desktop-preferences | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Preference Tools Manual Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gnome-control-center(1), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Glynn Foster, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 2 Oct 2003 gnome-default-applications-properties(1)