Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Windows Scripting
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Windows Scripting Post 302143139 by sunsysadm2003 on Tuesday 30th of October 2007 06:21:23 PM
Old 10-30-2007
Windows Scripting

I have been involved with shell programming now for the last 5 or 6 years. I am directing my career towards IT Security and need to broaden my experience.
I would like suggestions for a good programming language for Windows. Is there a Windows scripting language that is considered secure ?
Has anyone tried out Powershell for Windows ? What should I not waste my time on ? I would like to be able to do such things like extracting event logs from various servers, workstations, etc., verifying security settings, etc.
All suggestions are gratefully accepted Smilie
sunsysadm2003

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

windows scripting for a batch job

I have been doing unix scripting for quite awhile and there seems to be a wealth of information on it. Now I am working on migrating an intel based application to a new server. I need to modify some existing scripts, but am having trouble finding information on windows scripting, a forum similar... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help configuring Active Perl on Windows Vista.: Perl Scripting on Windows

Hi All, Need help configuring Active Perl on Windows Vista. I am trying to install Active Perl on Windows Vista. The version of Active Perl i am trying to install is : ActivePerl 5.10.1 Build 1006 After installing it through cmd, When i try to run perl -v to check the version, i get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vabiosis
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting on Windows platform

Is there a free unix platform that will allow me to write a shell script on my Windows OS? I have my files on my C: drive and i need to write a script that reads from those files and does some manipulation. Its pretty straightforward in unix commands hence i don't want to write a Java/C++ program... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
3 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Need Help in Windows scripting

Dear Expert, Below code is for to take the backup of database by daily time stamp. I need vital help to make my script automatic sending me email if it sucess or fail. Code: echo on @REM Seamonkey’s quick date batch (MMDDYYYY format) @REM Setups %date variable @REM First parses... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alone
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

C Shell Scripting on SUA windows 7

hi, Even $eType is BSD_8GB echo $eType switch ( $eType ) case BSD_8GB: case BSD_12GB: echo "excuted BSD_8GB & BSD_12GB" breaksw default: echo "default" exit 0 endsw Result always default case printing. Please help.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gthangav
5 Replies
term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)					 Terminal control					 term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
term::ansi::ctrl::unix - Control operations and queries SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require term::ansi::ctrl::unix ?0.1? ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::import ?ns? ?arg...? ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::columns ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::rows _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
WARNING: This package is unix-specific and depends on the availability of two unix system commands for terminal control, i.e. stty and tput, both of which have to be found in the $PATH. If any of these two commands is missing the loading of the package will fail. The package provides commands to switch the standard input of the current process between raw and cooked input modes, and to query the size of terminals, i.e. the available number of columns and lines. API
INTROSPECTION ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::import ?ns? ?arg...? This command imports some or all attribute commands into the namespace ns. This is by default the namespace ctrl. Note that this is relative namespace name, placing the imported command into a child of the current namespace. By default all commands are imported, this can howver be restricted by listing the names of the wanted commands after the namespace argument. OPERATIONS ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw This command switches the standard input of the current process to raw input mode. This means that from then on all characters typed by the user are immediately reported to the application instead of waiting in the OS buffer until the Enter/Return key is received. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw This command switches the standard input of the current process to cooked input mode. This means that from then on all characters typed by the user are kept in OS buffers for editing until the Enter/Return key is received. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::columns This command queries the terminal connected to the standard input for the number of columns available for display. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::rows This command queries the terminal connected to the standard input for the number of rows (aka lines) available for display. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category term of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
ansi, columns, control, cooked, input mode, lines, raw, rows, terminal COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> term 0.1 term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)