Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What else do you do?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What else do you do? Post 302143136 by Eronysis on Tuesday 30th of October 2007 06:10:18 PM
Old 10-30-2007
Reading, Chess (Just ordered a new yellow chronos my original has died), Backgammon, Wing Chun and various and assorted computer games. I would love to get back into music but was a bit scarred by a tyrannical violin instructor in my youth Smilie

yics(6) 							   Games Manual 							   yics(6)

NAME
yics - Yahoo! Chess client for use with FICS interfaces SYNOPSIS
yics [ -l logfile ] DESCRIPTION
YICS connects to the free Yahoo! Chess lobbies and emulates a FICS server. It can be used with most FICS interfaces (xboard(6), for exam- ple) to play on Yahoo! Chess. OPTIONS
YICS currently accepts only one option: -l logfile Saves a connection log (excluding login information) to logfile, which can be attached to a bug report if requested by the author. COMMAND REFERENCE
A reference of commands, and other useful documentation, may be found on the YICS wiki: <http://wiki.yics.org>. YICS AS A HELPER PROGRAM
YICS was designed to be used as a helper program with FICS interfaces. With xboard the use is fairly straightforward: xboard -ics -icshost Yahoo -icshelper yics Note that the parameter to -icshost has no effect, aside from setting the xboard title. eboard is a little tricky, but can be done: ln -s $(which yics) timeseal.$(uname -s) ; eboard Choose "Peer > Connect to FICS" in eboard to connect. SEE ALSO
xboard(6). AUTHOR
YICS was written by Chris Howie <chris@yics.org>. This manual page was written by Chris Howie <cdhowie@nerdshack.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 03 Feb 2006 yics(6)