Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Failed To Read Super Block
Operating Systems Solaris Failed To Read Super Block Post 302143128 by porter on Tuesday 30th of October 2007 05:22:19 PM
Old 10-30-2007
What state is your system in?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

incorrect super block FreeBSD

working with FreeBSD 4.5 trying to mount my floppy like i did in red hat like $mount /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy but i get the answer :incorrect super block i thought maybe it needs format: $fdformat /dev/rfd0.1440 still doesn't work and the man pages and the site of FreeBSD don't really help me :(... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: termiEEE
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bad magic number in super-block

I am running mandrake 8.2 and when booting I get the message: e2fschk: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open /dev/hda8. The superblock could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2 filesystem. If the device is valid and really contains a valid an ext2 filesystem (and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jay
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

BAD SUPER BLOCK - Run fsck with alternate super block number

Error received when I tried to restore a blank disk with an 'auto recovery' DDS tape via HP-UX recovery system 2.0 onto a 1Gb SCSI. I assumed it would do the setup, wrong. Could someone tell me the procedure to initial disk for recovering files using cpio. The system is a HP-UX 9.04 version on a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: admin wanabee
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Bad Super Block: Magic Number Wrong

I had a power outage a day ago and when the power came back on my FreeBSD 4.6 webserver had problems. It said it was unable to mount /var and made me start in single user mode and said to run fsck MANUALY. So i did and this is now what i get. www# fsck /dev/ad0s1e ** /dev/ad0s1e BAD SUPER... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: matthewbane
4 Replies

5. Solaris

solaris error BAD SUPER BLOCK

I want mount a disk. I have this error. I'm trying to correct with the superblock but i have the same error. Look my procedure. bash-2.03# fsck -F ufs /dev/rdsk/c0t1d0s0 Alternate super block location: 9423392. ** /dev/rdsk/c0t1d0s0 BAD SUPER BLOCK: MAGIC NUMBER WRONG USE AN ALTERNATE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simquest
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Failed To Read Super Block With Solaris 9

Greetings: I am trying to re-install my system with the Solaris 9 CD. I typed boot cdrom from the OBP, the system restarted and started saying Failed To Read Super Block, and then proceeds to the screen where I was initially before I decided to re-install the OS. My system was working... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ogfunsho
0 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Bad super block: Magic number wrong

Whenever i run, # fsck -F ufs /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s7 The following error prompt out:- ** /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s7 BAD SUPER BLOCK: MAGIC NUMBER WRONG USE AN ALTERNATE SUPER-BLOCK TO SUPPLY NEEDED INFORMATION; eg. fsck -o b=# where # is the alternate super block. SEE fsck_ufs(1M). ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
3 Replies

8. Boot Loaders

read sectors from disk failed with timeout

i'm writing some code to simulate the boot progress after power on but when i try to read the 2nd sector from a floppy disk, this operation always fail with ah=0x80h which means timeout, how can i get over this problem? my code would be like this: $ cat boot.S .code16 #define SETUPLEN 4... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wljackhero
0 Replies

9. Linux

read sectors from disk failed with timeout

i'm writing some code to simulate the boot progress after power on but when i try to read the 2nd sector from a floppy disk, this operation always fail with ah=0x80h which means timeout, how can i get over this problem? my code would be like this: $ cat boot.S .code16 #define SETUPLEN 4... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wljackhero
0 Replies

10. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Can't repair super block, bad magic number

Hello all, I have a hard drive that I can't repair. The drive is WD15EARS - Filesystem ext4 ( not 100% sure ) It's used in a Synology DS110j NAS. I try to run fsck -p /dev/sdb on the HD and I get this: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open /dev/sdb /dev/sdb: The superblock... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dallasw1983
4 Replies
pstatectl(1M)															     pstatectl(1M)

NAME
pstatectl - control processor performance states SYNOPSIS
cpu] pstate| interval] DESCRIPTION
The command is used to control processor performance states (P-states). On systems with supported processors and firmware, processor per- formance states can reduce power consumption. A supported processor implements a series of performance states, numbered from P0 to Pn, where n is implementation dependent. Each subse- quent P-state consumes less power but offers less performance than the previous state. provides access to both static and dynamic performance state usage modes. In static mode, the system remains in a specified P-state, where power consumption and performance are reduced by a fixed amount. In dynamic mode, HP-UX will adjust the processors' P-states individually, in response to the workload running on the system. Enabling dynamic processor performance states will generally have a negligible effect on system performance, while at the same time reduc- ing power consumption when the system is not fully loaded. Options recognizes the following options: The operation will apply to the specified processor only. If is not specified, the operation applies to the whole system. The "status" operation will report detailed status for each processor. Otherwise, a summary of the system state is reported. Operands recognizes the following operands; only one operand at a time can be specified on the command line: Enable the dynamic P-states mode (processors will adjust performance to match the workload). Disable the P-states (processors will always be at maximum performance). Enable static mode (processors will always be in the specified P-state). If the specified state is higher than is supported, the highest supported state is used instead. The state may be specified as a number, or in P-state notation (for example, P0). Enable dynamic P-states mode within the range of states specified. and should be supplied as specified under the option. Report information about the system's P-state capabilities, the current P-state mode (static or dynamic), and whether HP-UX has control over processor P-states. If was speci- fied, each processor's current P-state and operating mode are displayed. Display a table listing the power consumption and relative performance of each P-state. Print the number of the highest implemented P-state on the system. If the system does not support P-states, the number is 0. Change the time interval between dynamic mode state changes to the specified duration. The minimum is 0.01 seconds, and the maximum is 600 seconds. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
On some systems, the Onboard Administrator may take control of P-states away from the operating system (for instance, when iLO is used to place the system in Static High Performance or Static Low Power mode). If HP-UX does not have control over processor performance states, the command will still work normally. However, any changes made to P-state modes will have no effect until HP-UX regains control. The command will report whether HP-UX currently has control over P-states. RETURN VALUE
returns the following values: Successful completion. Command failed. DIAGNOSTICS
Make sure that the system has Itanium(R) 2 9100 series or later processors, and that the installed system firmware supports P- states. EXAMPLES
To enable dynamic P-states on the system: To disable dynamic P-states on the system (all processors will be in maximum performance mode): or To restrict the system to P0 and P1 only: DEPENDENCIES
Processor performance states require Itanium(R) 2 9100 series processors or later models. Some systems require a firmware update to use processor performance states. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
(Itanium(R)-based Systems Only) pstatectl(1M)