Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Something went awfully wrong in PHP+MySQL :( Post 302143106 by Legend986 on Tuesday 30th of October 2007 01:28:29 PM
Old 10-30-2007
@Yogesh

Thank you so much for the advice... I'll look into what stored procedures are now... Maybe that could help me out...

@matrixmadhan

I really appreciate the time you've spent on framing that reply... Thanks a million... Probably by receiving help from people like you, even we, newbies can learn "something" Smilie Thanks again...

I'm currently making changes as you suggested in 1 and 2... I think 3 is linked to 2.

Quote:
If only single column is extracted and if you are sure values are there definitely, there is no need for two queries. That could be rewritten something like

Code:

select ip from trace where trace_id >= $i and trace_id <= $i+1;

or even better if you have a running number as column in your table
Code:

select column_with_running_numbers_sequence, ip from trace;

use the above query to fetch all the values in one shot
and now you should have association like
record1 ip_value1
record2 ip_value2

the approach depends upon the table design
Could you kindly elaborate this one? I seem to have missed some simple sql rules... Regarding the table design, I can change it even now because I'm just testing this on 2 million values... The actual data set contains 50 million values...

This 'id' column of trace is an auto_increment... So can I write something like:
Code:
SELECT id, ip FROM trace;

Its true that I will be having all the values at once, but how am I gonna compare adjacent values then?
Usually to fetch the rows I use something like:
Code:
while($rows = mysql_fetch_assoc($result) {
//Perform operations on rows. But how will I get the previous row or next row in this loop?
}

Thats my problem...

And if I'm not asking too much, I'd like to know about your 4th point too... I've never worked with autocommit... Maybe I'm unknowingly doing that... Is my code potraying that picture by any chance? How can I disable that? Really sorry for the trouble...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

mysql php

with a limited knowledege of php and sql, what is a good and secure way to do passwords running an https server? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: macdonto
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PHP and MySQL

I want to design a database, using mysql as a backend, and PHP as the frontend, I wanna be able to easily build forms in PHP to communicate with MySQL, is there any programs that will allow this, I really dont want to program all the forms by hand.. thankyou (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwalick
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with PHP and MySQL

Okay, I'm new to this PHP and MySQL stuff, so help would be VERY much appreciated. :) On my iMac runnning Panther, it has MySQL and PHP installed. Yet when I view a PHP file from the iMac or another computer at my house, I get the source code. What's wrong? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Danny_10
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP/MySQL slow_queries

Hi All, I have a problem with my database having lots of 'stale' slow_queries. I think the problem may be because of the following code: $numresults=mysql_query("select * from links where catagory=".$catagory." order by linknum"); $numrows=mysql_num_rows($numresults); I believe this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pondlife
4 Replies

5. Programming

MySQL - PHP

Hello every one i have question i want to build DATAbase using PHP as interface i use shell to access to linux . i have in linux psql and SQLplus i'll call all html files that has db tabels from shell directory. what should to do before design php pages. can build the database sql design... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scotch
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mysql is not connected in php

Hi, The php is not able to connect into my mysql database. But i can able to connect by manually. I think that I have missed some points. Please guild for the same. Thanks, Mani (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
1 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Migration of website... PHP/Mysql -which path for DB.php

Hi, I have two websites: website1.com and website2.com I didn't write either but have successfully moved all the files from website1.com to website2.com I (thought) I installed all the correct php modules and website2 is mostly up and running. However, my boss found that when we go to a... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Astrocloud
15 Replies

8. Programming

PHP and MySQL

Hello, While I was interpretation the PHP manual on database security the recent past, it said that you should by no means connect to the database as the super user but rather as one more user with more limited options. My question is: How do you generate new users and set access... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AimyThomas
2 Replies

9. Web Development

Can't Install MySQL with PHP

Hi, I'm on a Raspberry Pi with Raspbian Wheezy. I urgently need to get MySQL running with PHP, but I get an error. For example: $con=mysql_connect("127.0.0.1","root","******","ids"); gives PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() So, I found I needed to install some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FreddoT
2 Replies
IFX_QUERY(3)								 1							      IFX_QUERY(3)

ifx_query - Send Informix query

SYNOPSIS
resource ifx_query (string $query, resource $link_identifier, [int $cursor_type], [mixed $blobidarray]) DESCRIPTION
Sends a $query to the currently active database on the server that's associated with the specified link identifier. For "select-type" queries a cursor is declared and opened. Non-select queries are "execute immediate". For either query type the number of (estimated or real) affected rows is saved for retrieval by ifx_affected_rows(3). If the contents of the TEXT (or BYTE) column allow it, you can also use ifx_textasvarchar(1) and ifx_byteasvarchar(1). This allows you to treat TEXT (or BYTE) columns just as if they were ordinary (but long) VARCHAR columns for select queries, and you don't need to bother with blob id's. With ifx_textasvarchar(0) or ifx_byteasvarchar(0) (the default situation), select queries will return BLOB columns as blob id's (integer value). You can get the value of the blob as a string or file with the blob functions (see below). PARAMETERS
o $query - The query string. o $link_identifier - The link identifier. o $cursor_def - This optional parameter allows you to make this a scroll and/or hold cursor. It's a bitmask and can be either IFX_SCROLL, IFX_HOLD, or both or'ed together. I you omit this parameter the cursor is a normal sequential cursor. o $blobidarray - If you have BLOB (BYTE or TEXT) columns in the query, you can add a $blobidarray parameter containing the corresponding "blob ids", and you should replace those columns with a "?" in the query text. RETURN VALUES
Returns valid Informix result identifier on success, or FALSE on errors. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Show all rows of the "orders" table as a HTML table <?php ifx_textasvarchar(1); // use "text mode" for blobs $res_id = ifx_query("select * from orders", $conn_id); if (! $res_id) { printf("Can't select orders : %s <br />%s<br /> ", ifx_error(), ifx_errormsg()); die; } ifx_htmltbl_result($res_id, "border="1""); ifx_free_result($res_id); ?> Example #2 Insert some values into the "catalog" table <?php // create blob id's for a byte and text column $textid = ifx_create_blob(0, 0, "Text column in memory"); $byteid = ifx_create_blob(1, 0, "Byte column in memory"); // store blob id's in a blobid array $blobidarray[] = $textid; $blobidarray[] = $byteid; // launch query $query = "insert into catalog (stock_num, manu_code, " . "cat_descr,cat_picture) values(1,'HRO',?,?)"; $res_id = ifx_query($query, $conn_id, $blobidarray); if (! $res_id) { /* ... error ... */ } // free result id ifx_free_result($res_id); ?> SEE ALSO
ifx_connect(3). PHP Documentation Group IFX_QUERY(3)