Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris difference in calling shell scripts Post 302143071 by arpit_narula on Tuesday 30th of October 2007 09:37:00 AM
Old 10-30-2007
Thanx a lot porter...
Problem solved.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference in Shell Scripts

Hi, Is anyone can help me to find out the difference in Shell Scripts between HP and Sun. Thanks in advance, Vijay R (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rv_kumar
3 Replies

2. AIX

Difference between writing Unix Shell script and AIX Shell Scripts

Hi, Please give me the detailed Differences between writing Unix Shell script and AIX Shell Scripts. Thanks in advance..... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling SQL scripts through Shell Script

Oracle and Scripting gurus, I need some help with this script... I am trying to add the query SELECT * FROM ALL_SYNONYMS WHERE SYNONYM_NAME = 'METADATA' in the current script.... Read the result set and look for the TABLE_NAME field. If the field is pointing to one table eg.... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
18 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling SQL LDR and SQL plus scripts in a shell script

Hi- I am trying to achieve the following in a script so I can schedule it on a cron job. I am fairly new to the unix environment... I have written a shell script that reads a flat file and loads the data into an Oracle table (Table1) via SQLLDR. This Works fine. Then, I run a nested insert... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajagavini
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between calling the sub scripts

What is the difference between calling the sub scripts of below two line. /home/scripts/devdb.sh . /home/scripts/devdb.sh sh /home/scripts/devdb.sh We are using the suse 2.0 version (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingganesh04
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling scripts within script

Hi, I have written a some six scripts to move large files and re-size them. This has been done step by step, taking backup, creating the new files, merging the files, removing the temporary files created. Since these files are around 500 MB, each step takes somewhere between 1 to 5 mins. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baanprog
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling 'n' number of shell scripts based on dependency in one shell script.

Hello gurus, I have three korn shell script 3.1, 3.2, 3.3. I would like to call three shell script in one shell script. i m looking for something like this call 3.1; If 3.1 = "complete" then call 3.2; if 3.2 = ''COMPlete" then call 3.3; else exit The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shashi369
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling oracle package Unix from shell scripts.

Hi, Can anyone tell me how to call a oracle package from a Unix shell script? I want to pass some input parameters to package and it will return me the output which I want to use further in my shell script. I want to know the way to capture the output values in my shell script. Please send some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil029
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between kshell and bash shell scripts Example cited

Hi All, I need some urgent help regarding some info. I have a cluster of servers for which I have two scripts for management. control.sh is a bash script meant for restarting/stopping the servers. manger.ksh is a kshell script. It is a master script to manage restarting/stoppping and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankur328
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling multiple scripts from another scripts

Dear all, I am working on script which call other shell scripts in a loop but problem is from second script am not able to come out. Here is the snippet:- #!/bin/bash HSFILE=/root/Test/Components.txt LOGFile=/opt/domain/AdminDomain/application/logs... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
3 Replies
GETOPT(3)								 1								 GETOPT(3)

getopt - Gets options from the command line argument list

SYNOPSIS
array getopt (string $options, [array $longopts]) DESCRIPTION
Parses options passed to the script. PARAMETERS
o $options - Each character in this string will be used as option characters and matched against options passed to the script starting with a single hyphen ( -). For example, an option string "x" recognizes an option -x. Only a-z, A-Z and 0-9 are allowed. o $longopts - An array of options. Each element in this array will be used as option strings and matched against options passed to the script starting with two hyphens ( --). For example, an longopts element "opt" recognizes an option --opt. The $options parameter may contain the following elements: oIndividual characters (do not accept values) oCharacters followed by a colon (parameter requires value) oCharacters followed by two colons (optional value) Option values are the first argument after the string. If a value is required, it does not matter whether the value has leading white space or not. See note. Note Optional values do not accept " " (space) as a separator. Note The format for the $options and $longopts is almost the same, the only difference is that $longopts takes an array of options (where each element is the option) whereas $options takes a string (where each character is the option). RETURN VALUES
This function will return an array of option / argument pairs or FALSE on failure. Note The parsing of options will end at the first non-option found, anything that follows is discarded. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | Added support for "=" as argument/value separa- | | | tor. | | | | | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | Added support for optional values (specified | | | with "::"). | | | | | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | Parameter $longopts is available on all systems. | | | | | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | This function is no longer system dependent, and | | | now works on Windows, too. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 getopt(3) example: The basics <?php // Script example.php $options = getopt("f:hp:"); var_dump($options); ?> shell> php example.php -fvalue -h The above example will output: array(2) { ["f"]=> string(5) "value" ["h"]=> bool(false) } Example #2 getopt(3) example: Introducing long options <?php // Script example.php $shortopts = ""; $shortopts .= "f:"; // Required value $shortopts .= "v::"; // Optional value $shortopts .= "abc"; // These options do not accept values $longopts = array( "required:", // Required value "optional::", // Optional value "option", // No value "opt", // No value ); $options = getopt($shortopts, $longopts); var_dump($options); ?> shell> php example.php -f "value for f" -v -a --required value --optional="optional value" --option The above example will output: array(6) { ["f"]=> string(11) "value for f" ["v"]=> bool(false) ["a"]=> bool(false) ["required"]=> string(5) "value" ["optional"]=> string(14) "optional value" ["option"]=> bool(false) } Example #3 getopt(3) example: Passing multiple options as one <?php // Script example.php $options = getopt("abc"); var_dump($options); ?> shell> php example.php -aaac The above example will output: array(2) { ["a"]=> array(3) { [0]=> bool(false) [1]=> bool(false) [2]=> bool(false) } ["c"]=> bool(false) } SEE ALSO
$argv. PHP Documentation Group GETOPT(3)