Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Passing a unix variable value to a Plsql function Post 302143050 by radoulov on Tuesday 30th of October 2007 06:59:45 AM
Old 10-30-2007
Code:
$ v="cobroraj"
$ printf "set serverout on\nexec dbms_output.put_line('%s')\n" "$v"|sqlplus -s '/ as sysdba'
cobroraj

PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a variable name to be created within a function

Is it possible to pass a variable name, as a parameter to a function, so it can be created within this function ? Something like this: func_uppercase abcdefgh var_name where the 1st parameter is the string I want to convert and the 2nd is the desired variable name... $2=`echo "$1" |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 435 Gavea
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing variable to function

Hi, I am trying to sum up numbered columns and in order to tidy up the program I have wrote a function to do the adding of some numbers. I have a problem though with passing a variable to the function in the UNIX bash shell. The function only gives the first number in the variable list and does... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Knotty
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

calling plsql function in a unix script

Could anyone please help me. I have a function in plsql that returns a number. But i am listing some records through that function using DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE. I want to catch those records by executing this function through a unix script. The following shows what i did echo "Connected from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cobroraj
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing a variable inside a variable to a function

I would like to know how to pass a variable inside a variable to a function. sample code below -------------- for x in 1 9 do check_null $C$x ##call function to check if the value is null if then echo "line number:$var_cnt,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KingVikram
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing global variable to a function which is called by another function

Hi , I have three funcions f1, f2 and f3 . f1 calls f2 and f2 calls f3 . I have a global variable "period" which i want to pass to f3 . Can i pass the variable directly in the definition of f3 ? Pls help . sars (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sars
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is the maximum length of a unix shell variable which can be can passed to plsql

what is the maximum length of a unix shell variable which can be can passed to plsql variable:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alokjyotibal
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing variable content to a function

following on from below link https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/171076-shell-scripting.html#post302573569 i will be using file reading in while loop say for example while read line123 do echo "line read is $line123" insert_funct $line123 done< mysqldump.sql... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable value in a function to be used by another function

Hello All, I would like to ask help from you on how to pass variable value from a function that has been called inside the function. I have created below and put the variables in " ". Is there another way I can do this? Thank you in advance. readtasklist() { while read -r mod ver... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aderamos12
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to Dynamically Pass Parameter to plsql Function & Capture its Output Value in a Shell Variable?

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms: #! /bin/ksh v="ORG_ID" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujitdas2104
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing Comma Separated values to UNIX variable from PLSQL

Hi All, I'm trying to pass the comma separated values (string) returned from Plsql Procedure to UNIX variable. getting the below log message cat: -: Bad file descriptor awk: cmd. line:1: fatal: error reading input file `-': Bad file descriptor The output coming from plsql procedure is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mahesh3089
3 Replies
set(1F) 							   FMLI Commands							   set(1F)

NAME
set, unset - set and unset local or global environment variables SYNOPSIS
set [-l variable [=value]] ... set [-e variable [=value]] ... set [-ffile variable [=value]]... ... unset -l variable... unset -f file variable... DESCRIPTION
The set command sets variable in the environment, or adds variable=value to file. If variable is not equated it to a value, set expects the value to be on stdin. The unset command removes variable. Note that the FMLI predefined, read-only variables (such as ARG1), may not be set or unset. Note that at least one of the above options must be used for each variable being set or unset. If you set a variable with the -ffilename option, you must thereafter include filename in references to that variable. For example, ${(file)VARIABLE}. FMLI inherits the UNIX environment when invoked. OPTIONS
-l Sets or unsets the specified variable in the local environment. Variables set with -l will not be inherited by processes invoked from FMLI. -e Sets the specified variable in the UNIX environment. Variables set with -e will be inherited by any processes started from FMLI. Note that these variables cannot be unset. -ffile Sets or unsets the specified variable in the global environment. The argument file is the name, or pathname, of a file containing lines of the form variable=value. file will be created if it does not already exist. Note that no space intervenes between -f and file. EXAMPLES
Example 1 A sample output of set command. Storing a selection made in a menu: name=Selection 2 action=`set -l SELECTION=2`close NOTES
Variables set to be available to the UNIX environment (those set using the -e option) can only be set for the current fmli process and the processes it calls. When using the -f option, unless file is unique to the process, other users of FMLI on the same machine will be able to expand these vari- ables, depending on the read/write permissions on file. A variable set in one frame may be referenced or unset in any other frame. This includes local variables. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
env(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 5 Jul 1990 set(1F)