Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Launch veritas netbackup
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Launch veritas netbackup Post 302142889 by blowtorch on Tuesday 30th of October 2007 03:38:07 AM
Old 10-30-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by andryk
Unless its the netbackup master/server you dont run them manually (well you can if you're a nebtbackup cmdline guru Smilie)
You'd need serious levels of guru-ness to fire off backups from the command line!!

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Veritas NetBackup

Veritas NetBackup, how does it work?? I mean, I know it is used for backups and restores but really, can anybody give me a brief or any explanation that sums up basically what it is about besides the fact that it does backups and restores??? Please, if you have any information, I would appreciate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Veritas Netbackup Restore Scripts

Hi all, I wanted to find out if any of the folks out there have any experience with Netbackup restore scripts. I wish to set up a basic restore script on a "pilot" server. The script will basically non interactively set up a date (this date will be the date for which the data we are restoring) and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppantazis
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Veritas Netbackup Agent Running

I was facing problems in taking backup of a windows server for quiet a long time.i have again reinstall the client software to get rid of this. my question : how to check the agent (netbackup) is running on client side or not?? how to check???? bcoz reinstalltion is not a good solution .:( (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
6 Replies

4. Solaris

veritas NETbackup command

i am using veritas admenistration console to control all backup operations of our servers . we use SUN LT25 LTO library connected to a backupserver running solaris 8 . i was wondering if there is a command that i can use from solaris so that i can activate and deactivate some policeis , rather... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
4 Replies

5. Solaris

veritas netbackup

Hi All, We are currently running Veritas netbackup. We are currently having a few issues where were unable to log in due to several errors. Out usual fix for this is to recycle the backup servers however due to the nature of the information being backed up this is done by someone else and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rickyclayton201
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Veritas Netbackup Trial Version

Hi all, Good day to all. Anyone here who recently tried to download a trial version for Veritas Netbackup for Sun Solaris System? The reason for asking is that, I need to download a trial version for testing purposes. I tried to look at the Symantec website but unfortunately, it is not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: graboid888
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to extend a disk in veritas volume manager in veritas cluster?

Hi Experts, I wanted to extend a veritas file system which is running on veritas cluster and mounted on node2 system. #hastatus -sum -- System State Frozen A node1 running 0 A node2 running 0 -- Group State -- Group System Probed ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Skmanojkum
1 Replies
IOK(1)							      General Commands Manual							    IOK(1)

NAME
iok- Indic Onscreen Keyboard SYNOPSIS
iok [-a] [-h] [-d 1] [-n LANGCODE] DESCRIPTION
Indic Onscreen Keyboard currently shows Inscript and Inscript2 keymaps for 22 official Indian languages. The languages are Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Dogri, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kokani, Maithili, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Santali, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu. The iok application runs in default and advanced mode. In default mode, iok starts by loading Inscript2 keymap of the current locale. If keymap is not installed or available then iok shows keymap list in the default mode. User can then select any keymap from keymap list if he want to write using it. In the advanced mode, iok allows to open non-supported keymaps. If keymap can be parsed by iok then it will be showed in iok UI other- wise it will show error message that iok can't load this keymap. Advanced mode also allows to create custom keymap by either swapping or re-assigning character mappings in the existing loaded keymap in iok. Another feature iok supports is Drag and Drop. This will allow user to swap character mappings using mouse. The keymap list shows Inscript and Inscript2 keymaps from location /usr/share/m17n and ~/.m17n.d path. To start iok in normal mode from console, use following command iok To start iok in advanced mode from console, use following command iok -a To start iok in any supported Inscript2 keymap (say in Marathi) use following command iok -n mr As Inscript2 keymap naming also uses language script code for some languages, command to open those keymaps is like this iok -n pa-guru where pa is a isocode name for the Punjabi language and guru is a language script code name in which keymap is written. To use Drag and Drop feature of iok, start iok from console as iok -d 1 The Draft version of Inscript2 keymaps are available at https://fedorahosted.org/inscript2/ This project is available at http://fedorahosted.org/iok/ or http://iok.sourceforge.net OPTIONS
-a It shows the menus and combo box in iok UI -h It show the help -d 1 This will enable Drag and Drop feature only for the single iok invocation. Otherwise iok has disabled Drag and Drop by default. -n LANGCODE In the place of LANGCODE,you need to specify a particular language code. Shows iok UI for that particular language. This will also requires language script code. e.g. for Bodo, Dogri, Kokani, Nepali, Sindhi use its langcode and "-deva" as a language script code. To start iok using Kokani keymap, run "iok -n kok-deva" AUTHOR
Suji A <suji87.msc@gmail.com> , Parag <pnemade@fedoraproject.org> March 12, 2012 IOK(1)