Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Launch veritas netbackup
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Launch veritas netbackup Post 302142849 by panchpan on Monday 29th of October 2007 11:27:12 PM
Old 10-30-2007
Launch veritas netbackup

Hello - I already have Veritas netbackup installed on Mac OS. But I am not able to find the daemon name for running the backup. Does anyone know How to run netbackup?

Thank you!

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Veritas NetBackup

Veritas NetBackup, how does it work?? I mean, I know it is used for backups and restores but really, can anybody give me a brief or any explanation that sums up basically what it is about besides the fact that it does backups and restores??? Please, if you have any information, I would appreciate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Veritas Netbackup Restore Scripts

Hi all, I wanted to find out if any of the folks out there have any experience with Netbackup restore scripts. I wish to set up a basic restore script on a "pilot" server. The script will basically non interactively set up a date (this date will be the date for which the data we are restoring) and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppantazis
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Veritas Netbackup Agent Running

I was facing problems in taking backup of a windows server for quiet a long time.i have again reinstall the client software to get rid of this. my question : how to check the agent (netbackup) is running on client side or not?? how to check???? bcoz reinstalltion is not a good solution .:( (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
6 Replies

4. Solaris

veritas NETbackup command

i am using veritas admenistration console to control all backup operations of our servers . we use SUN LT25 LTO library connected to a backupserver running solaris 8 . i was wondering if there is a command that i can use from solaris so that i can activate and deactivate some policeis , rather... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
4 Replies

5. Solaris

veritas netbackup

Hi All, We are currently running Veritas netbackup. We are currently having a few issues where were unable to log in due to several errors. Out usual fix for this is to recycle the backup servers however due to the nature of the information being backed up this is done by someone else and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rickyclayton201
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Veritas Netbackup Trial Version

Hi all, Good day to all. Anyone here who recently tried to download a trial version for Veritas Netbackup for Sun Solaris System? The reason for asking is that, I need to download a trial version for testing purposes. I tried to look at the Symantec website but unfortunately, it is not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: graboid888
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to extend a disk in veritas volume manager in veritas cluster?

Hi Experts, I wanted to extend a veritas file system which is running on veritas cluster and mounted on node2 system. #hastatus -sum -- System State Frozen A node1 running 0 A node2 running 0 -- Group State -- Group System Probed ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Skmanojkum
1 Replies
Launch(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 Launch(3)

NAME
Mac::Apps::Launch - Mac module to launch /quit applications SYNOPSIS
use Mac::Apps::Launch; my @apps = qw(R*ch Arch MPGP); my $path = "HD:System Folder:Finder"; LaunchApps([@apps], 1) or warn $^E; # launch and switch to front LaunchApps([@apps]) or warn $^E; # launch and don't switch LaunchApps($app, 1) or warn $^E; # launch and switch to front LaunchSpecs($path, 1) or warn $^E; # use path instead of app ID QuitApps(@apps) or warn $^E; # quit all @apps QuitAllApps(@apps) or warn $^E; # quit all except @apps IsRunning('MACS'); # returns boolean for whether # given app ID is running SetFront('MACS') or warn $^E; # set Finder to front Hide('MACS') or warn $^E; # hide Finder Show('Finder', 1) or warn $^E; # show Finder (1 == use name) DESCRIPTION
Simply launch or quit applications by their creator ID. The Finder can be quit in this way, though it cannot be launched in this way. This module is used by many other modules. This module as written does not work with MacPerls prior to 5.1.4r4. "Hide" and "Show" do not currently work on Mac OS X. Apps that don't have signatures under Mac OS X currently aren't handled, except with LaunchSpecs(). "SetFront" and "IsRunning" can take a four-char creator ID ('MACS'), a bundle ID ('com.apple.Finder'), or a path (/System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app). They both optionally take a second parameter which affirms that the data is indeed a path (for those rare cases where a path might possibly look like a creator ID or bundle ID ... you never know). "IsRunning" will return the PSN of the application if it is running, which you can then use for targetting the app, or converting to a PID (with "Mac::Processes::GetProcessPID()"), to send signals to it. EXPORT
Exports functions "QuitApps", "QuitAllApps", and "LaunchApps", "IsRunning", "LaunchSpecs", "SetFront", "Hide", "Show". AUTHOR
Chris Nandor <pudge@pobox.com>, http://pudge.net/ Copyright (c) 1999-2005 Chris Nandor. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2007-01-03 Launch(3)