Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: if..else condition
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting if..else condition Post 302142847 by dr46014 on Monday 29th of October 2007 11:14:25 PM
Old 10-30-2007
my requirement is say data_date=20071028 is sunday and data_date=20071029 is monday then for this two days
file_date will be 20071026 and 200727.and rest otherdays file_date is data_date-1.if data_date=20071030 is tuesday then file_date is 20071029.and similar till saturday.
please tell me the whole script.
i want to pickup a file based on file_date from data_date.
please sugegst a script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

if condition ...

i have following if condition if above statement is case sensitive.....what is syntax if i have to make above comparision case insensetive (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahabunta
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

if condition

Hi friends, :) In a shell script i found the following if condition. echo -n "Which version of $1 do you want to restore ('0' to quit)? : " read desired if ${desired:=1} -ge $index ] ; then echo "$0: Restore canceled by user: index value too big." >&2 exit 1 fi Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

If Condition

Hi, I am trying to execute this command, but is it not working, says "`;' unexpected" eval $lgrep $SAM_CMD ; if ; then ; echo "No Error" ; fi What i want is, return the command output, if it is non zero, say "No Error". Thanks, John. (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_prince
21 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

or in a IF condition

Hi I have to evaluate multiple conditions with an 'or'. Here is an example: if when i use the above i get a error message ' Please help me to know if i am missing something in the syntax. how do i achieve multiple "or" in the same if condition. Thanks. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunrexstar
11 Replies

5. HP-UX

Difference between [condition] and [[condition]] and ((condition)) when used with if condition

Executed the following if conditions .. and got different results . only (( )) gave correct o/p with all scenarios . Can anybody please let me know what is the difference between and ] and ((condition)) when used with if condition. And why each condition gave different result. 1.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soumyabubun
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect stdout echo command in condition A run in condition B

hi, I have some problems in my simple script about the redirect echo stdout command inside a condition. Why is the echo command inside the elif still execute in the else command Here are my simple script After check on the two diff output the echo stdout redirect is present in two diff... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

if condition

if chr1:109457160 1 109457160 99.1735537190083 + chr1:109457233 1 109457233 99.1735537190083 - chr1:109457614 1 109457614 99.1735537190083 + chr1:109457618 1 109457618 100 + chr1:109457943 1 109457943 100 - chr1:109458224 1 109458224 99.1735537190083 - file1.txt If 6th column in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition return 0 even when it fails to satisfy te condition

HI My doubt may be basic one but I need to get it clarified.. When i use "if" condition that checks for many AND, OR logical conditions like if ]; then return 0 fi Even the if condition fails it returns as zero.. Any clue.. But if i add else condition like if ]; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IF [ condition ] help

Hi all Unix newbie - please be gentle Am modifying an existing script to error trap a variable with a length of 0 #!/bin/bash ipfile='/var/data/bin/ipaddress' ] && ipold="$(< "$ipfile" )" ipnew="$( wget -q -O - checkip.dyndns.org | sed -e 's/.*Current IP Address: //;s/<.*$//' )" #... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRChamberlain
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with if condition

o/p of my command is given below My requirement is if Pnumber is 0 then stabilization.Build.2013 else stabilization.PBuild.2013.3 (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
11 Replies
crontab(5)							File Formats Manual							crontab(5)

Name
       crontab - clock daemon table file

Syntax
       /usr/lib/crontab

Description
       The  command  executes  at  specified dates and times according to the instructions in the file. The file consists of lines with six fields
       each.  The format for a line is as follows:

minute hour day month weekday command

The following list defines each field in the line:

minute (0-59)  The exact minute that the command sequence executes.

hour (0-23)    The hour of the day that the command sequence executes.

day (1-31)     The day of the month that the command sequence executes.

month (1-12)   The month of the year that the command sequence executes.

weekday (1-7)  The day of the week that the command sequence executes. Monday = 1, Tuesday = 2, and so forth.

command	      The complete command sequence variable that is to be executed.  Note that the command string must conform  to  Bourne  shell
		      syntax.

The first five integer fields may be specified as follows:

o   A single number in the specified range

o   Two numbers separated by a minus, meaning a range inclusive

o   A list of numbers separated by commas, meaning any of the numbers

o   An asterisk meaning all legal values

The sixth field is a string that is executed by the shell at the specified times.  A percent sign (%) in this field is translated to a new-
       line character.	Only the first line of the command field, up to a percent sign (%) or end of line, is executed by the  shell.	The  other
       lines are made available to the command as standard input.

Examples
       The following example is part of a file:
       # periodic things
       0,15,30,45 * * * * (echo '^M' `date`; echo '') >/dev/console
       0,15,30,45 * * * * /usr/lib/atrun

# daily stuff
       5 4 * * * sh /usr/adm/newsyslog
       15 4 * * * ( cd /usr/preserve; find . -mtime +7 -a -exec rm -f {} ; )
       20 4 * * * find /usr/msgs -mtime +21 -a ! -perm 444 -a ! -name bounds
	    -a -exec rm -f {} ;

# NOTE: The above line is wrapped.

# local cleanups
       30 4 * * * find /usr/spool/mqueue -type f -mtime +5 -name df-exec rm {} ;
       35 4 * * * find /usr/spool/mqueue -type f -mtime +5 -name tf-exec rm {} ;
       40 4 * * * find /usr/spool/rwho -type f -mtime +21 -exec rm {} ;
       #

# redirecting error output
       0 17 * * 1,3,5 /bin/tar -cv /usr/sysads/smith > /dev/console 2>&1
       #

Files
See Also
       sh(1), cron(8)
       Guide to System Environment Setup

crontab(5)