Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Error: No Route to host...urgent {socket() connection} Post 302142818 by porter on Monday 29th of October 2007 09:29:59 PM
Old 10-29-2007
Here ping (ICMP) is working, but not telnet which makes me think of a firewall blocking port 23. However that normally silently drops packets or returns ECONNREFUSED.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

add route gives target: Host name lookup failure

We need to add our remote office to our linux routing table. Our internal office ip addresses are all in the range of 198.9.200.x with an subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 the remote office has ip addresses in the range of 192.168.0.0 and also a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 when i use the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: progressdll
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

no route to host

I not able to ping outside the internet. i am able to ping my 192. ip address. when i try to ping a 68. ip address i get no route to host. what should i do to correct this issue. I have sco openserver 5.05 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: scoman2
6 Replies

3. Red Hat

No route to host

I get below error when using telnet and ssh ?? Why ? the ip address of linux server is 10.155.25.22 =tstgcota ?? # netstat -rn Kernel IP routing table Destination Gateway Genmask Flags MSS Window irtt Iface 192.168.75.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
6 Replies

4. Programming

socket() No Route to host ??

Hello, My program should connect to a server. here's the code : int main(int argc, char *argv){ int sock = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, 0); if(sock == -1){ perror("socket()"); exit(errno); } printf("retour socket = %d",sock); struct sockaddr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nowayy
1 Replies

5. AIX

problem with host route

Hi, I have a system with network interfaces en0 and en1 en0: physical ip: 1.1.1.10 virtual ip1: 192.168.100.11 virtual ip2: 192.168.100.12 en1: physical ip: 1.1.1.20 virtual ip1: 192.168.100.20 virtual ip2: 192.168.100.21 default gateway ist 192.168.100.254 when I open a... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
12 Replies

6. IP Networking

IP forwarding Route/Host ?

I have a unix machine that operates some CNC machines, I need to hook up my windows machine through core ftp to load programs onto the box. The card i need to route to for the FTP on unix is tu1 I need to check the routing tables on the unix box to see which IP address will automatically... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moticulus
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No route to host - mail error

A linux box is supposed to emailing the results of backups to the windows exchange server, but nothing arrives. it never has, as the muppet who set up the Windows domain knew nothing about linux. I know only slightly more than that... pretty sure sendmail is the daemon running to handle mail. it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Noewon
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

"Network error: No route to host" While connecting guest RHEL4 using putty

Hi, I have installed RHEL4 using vmware workstation.. Host OS: Windows XP Guest OS: RHEL4 Pls refer step 17 & 18 in below link... ORACLE-BASE - Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 and Centos 4 Installation 1) If i choose to assign IP automatically (using DHCP) means, i am able to connect RHEL4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Connection closed by host error in rhel 6 Linux

Hi All, I am new to Redhat Enterprise Linux 6 version. I am facing an issue with my lab server which is having RHEL6 lab1:root> uname -a Linux lab1 2.6.32-358.18.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Aug 2 17:04:38 EDT 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux I am getting this error for every 18 minutes 30... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: go2suresh1979
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet error- Escape character is '^]' and connection closed by foreign host

In program, I want to telnet the ports present in telnet.txt file and capture screenshot of open port which is opened on new terminal. Problems: Escape character is '^]' and Connection closed by foreign host. Loop is not working properly. It only take one ports and closed the connection. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk151993
9 Replies
SOCKET(1)                                                     General Commands Manual                                                    SOCKET(1)

NAME
socket - create a TCP or a UNIX domain socket and connect to stdin/out SYNOPSIS
socket [ -bcfqrvw ] [ -p command ] [ -B local address ] host port socket [ -bcfqrvw ] [ -p command ] /path socket [ -bcfqrvw ] [ -p command ] [ -B local address ] -s [ -l ] port socket [ -bcfqrvw ] [ -p command ] -s [ -l ] /path DESCRIPTION
Socket creates an Internet domain TCP or a UNIX domain stream socket and connects it to stdin and stdout. The host argument can be an Internet number in dot-notation (like ``130.149.28.10'') or a domain name. In this case it must be possible to resolve the name to a valid Internet address with gethostbyname(3). The port argument can be a port number or a service name which can be mapped to a port number by getservbyname(3). If an UNIX domain socket is wanted to be created instead of an Internet socket, specify the path instead of an internet (canonical domain named or dot-notated) host. The hostname is treated as a pathname if contains at least a single slash. I.e. if one wants to create or connect to a socket in the current directory, use ./filename to specify the connection point. OPTIONS
-b (background) The program forks itself into the background, detaches from its controlling tty, closes the file descriptors associated with the tty, and changes its current directory to the root directory. -B (local address) This option specifies which local address to binded to when making a connection. -c (crlf) Linefeed characters (LF) are converted to a Carriage Return Linefeed sequence (CRLF) when written to the socket. CRLF sequences read from the socket are converted to a single LF. -f (fork) When a server connection has been accepted, a separate process is forked to handle the connection in background. -l (loop) (only valid with -s) After a connection has been closed, another connection is accepted. -p (program) The specified command is executed for each connection. Its standard input, standard output, and standard error channels are con- nected to the socket. Command can be any shell command since it is passed to /bin/sh. -q (quit) The connection is closed when an end-of-file condition occurs on standard input. -r (read only) No data is read from standard input and written to the socket. -s (server) A server socket is created. A hostname argument is not required of Internet sockets, only the port number but a pathname is required for UNIX domain sockets. -v (verbose) Messages about connections etc. are issued to stderr. -w (write only) No data is read from the socket and written to the standard output. -version Socket prints its version ID and terminates. This must be the first argument to have an effect. EXAMPLES
The command socket -v coma.cs.tu-berlin.de nntp connects to the nntp port (port 119) of coma.cs.tu-berlin.de (130.149.28.10). The command socket -sl 3425 creates a server socket on port 3425 on the local host and waits for a connection. After a connection has been closed, a new connection is accepted. The command socket -wslqvp "echo Socket! " 1938 creates a server socket on port 1938 on the local host and waits for a connection. When a connection is accepted, the string "Socket!" is written to the socket. No data is read from the socket and written to the finger program. The connection is closed when an end-of-file condition at the standard output of the program occurs. Then a new connection is accepted. DIAGNOSTICS
Lots of diagnostics for failed system calls. unknown host host host's address could not be resolved. Signal signal caught, exiting Socket exits on any signal other than SIGTSTP, SIGCONT, SIGCLD, SIGQUIT. A non-zero exit code is returned if socket terminates due to an error condition or a signal. SEE ALSO
ip(7), tcp(7), unix(7), accept(2), bind(2), listen(2), connect(2), socket(2), gethostbyname(3), getservbyname(3) BUGS
socket -p terminates due to a SIGPIPE signal when there is more data from the socket available than the executed program wants to read. Please report any other bugs to the author. VERSION
This manual page describes Socket-1.1. AUTHOR
Juergen Nickelsen <nickel@cs.tu-berlin.de> Aug 6, 1992 SOCKET(1)