Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux mamimum memory single process Post 302142803 by awk on Monday 29th of October 2007 06:10:18 PM
Old 10-29-2007
Don't know if Red Hat has this command, but see if it has "ulimit"

On solaris, it is the -v parameter

-v maximum size of virtual memory (in kbytes)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory used by a particular process

how to get memory used by a particular process in unix? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: superprogrammer
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory used by a process

Hello all 'top' command shows the top 15 processes in terms of CPU usage. Is there any other command in UNIX ,that will show the top processes in terms of memory usage ? or is there a command, that will give me the memory usage of a particular process ,if I pass the process id as a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Memory in Use by a process

How do I find the amount of memory being consumed by a particular process on AIX 5L.. Thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: khopdi
0 Replies

4. AIX

Process using the most memory

Hi:- Is there an easy way to find out which process is consuming the most memory on an AIX server? Thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: janet
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

upper limit of accessible memory space for a single process in Unix/Linux

Hellp all, if there is 3G memory in my Unix server I want to know if all the 3G space can be used by ong sigle process. As i know, in Windows, one process can only access at most 1G memory despite there is probably more than 1G memory is equipped. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cy163
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Monitoring a single process in solaris

Hi All, I need help to monitor a single process in solaris to identify if it leaks memory or is using up too much system resources. I need to collect data over a period of time and plot graph for that single process I tried using SAR & GNOME-perfmeter but both of them give me performance... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayana
3 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

CPU and memory utilization of a process, by process name

Can someone please help me with a script that will help in identifying the CPU & memory usage by a process name, rather than a process id.This is to primarily analyze the consumption of resources, for performance tweaking. G (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
4 Replies

8. HP-UX

Single Process Memory Allocation HP-UX 11i v3

Hi, I have HP-UX 11i v3 running on ia64. One of my application is 32-bit and I want to increase the memory allocation of this file upto 2GB. I am contentiously receiving an error message of Out of Memory. Can you please explain the procedure what kernel configuration( like maxdsize or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahmadamin416
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to Check Memory if Single/Dual/Quad Rank

What command in redhat linux to know your memory if it is single, dual or quad rank. Anyone? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mujakol
2 Replies

10. Solaris

[DOUBT] Memory high in idle process on Solaris 10 (Memory Utilization > 90%)

Hi Experts, Our servers running Solaris 10 with SAP Application. The memory utilization always >90%, but the process on SAP is too less even nothing. Why memory utilization on solaris always looks high? I have statement about memory on solaris, is this true: Memory in solaris is used for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
4 Replies
gcore(1)                                                           User Commands                                                          gcore(1)

NAME
gcore - get core images of running processes SYNOPSIS
gcore [-pgF] [-o filename] [-c content] process-id... DESCRIPTION
The gcore utility creates a core image of each specified process. By default, the name of the core image file for the process whose process ID is process-id will be core.process-id. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -c content Produces core image files with the specified content. The content description uses the same tokens as in coreadm(1M). The -c option does not apply to cores produced due to the -p or -g flags. -F Force. Grabs the target process even if another process has control. -g Produces core image files in the global core file repository with the global content as configured by coreadm(1M). The com- mand will fail if the user does not have permissions to the global core file repository. -o filename Substitutes filename in place of core as the first part of the name of the core image files. filename can contain the same tokens to be expanded as the paths in coreadm(1M). -p Produces a core image file in the process-specific location with the process-specific content for each process as config- ured by coreadm(1M). The command will fail if the user does not have permissions to the per-process core file repository. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: process-id process ID EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 On success. non-zero On failure, such as non-existent process ID. FILES
core.process-id core images ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWtoo | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ Command Syntax is Evolving. Output Format(s) are Unstable. SEE ALSO
kill(1), coreadm(1M), setrlimit(2), core(4), proc(4), attributes(5) NOTES
gcore is unaffected by the setrlimit(2) system call using the RLIMIT_CORE value. SunOS 5.10 11 Feb 2004 gcore(1)