Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting split files by specifying a string (bash shell) Post 302142782 by vikas027 on Monday 29th of October 2007 02:45:18 PM
Old 10-29-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgersh99
Code:
awk '/SERVER/{if (n) close(output); output= f ++n} n {print >> output }' f=/vikas/list /vikas/final

hey,
This didnt made any file, not even a blank one.
Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to parse/split input string and display the tokens

Hi, How do I parse/split lines (strings) read from a file and display the individual tokens in a shell script? Given that the length of individual lines is not constant and number of tokens in each line is also not constant. The input file could be as below: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yajaykumar
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Shell Program to Split Large Files

Hi, I need some help creating a tidy shell program with awk or other language that will split large length files efficiently. Here is an example dump: <A001_MAIL.DAT> 0001 Ronald McDonald 01 H81 0002 Elmo St. Elmo 02 H82 0003 Cookie Monster 01 H81 0004 Oscar ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkastin
16 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash:How to split one string variable in two variables?

Hello, I have a paramter $param consisting just of two literals and want to split it into two parameters, so I can combine it to a new parameter <char1><string><char2>, but the following code didn't work: tmp_PARAM_1=cut -c1 $PARAM tmp_PARAM_2=cut -c2 $PARAM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ABE2202
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SPLIT STRING in bash shell script

i need one help.... if i have a string like aaaaa,bbbbb,ccccc,aaaaa How to to split the string and check howmany times aaaaa will be in that string? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthinvk
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

On the command line using bash, how do you split a string by column?

Input: MD5(secret.txt)= fe66cbf9d929934b09cc7e8be890522e MD5(secret2.txt)= asd123qwlkjgre5ug8je7hlt488dkr0p I want the results to look like these, respectively: MD5(secret.txt)= fe66cbf9 d929934b 09cc7e8b e890522e MD5(secret2.txt)= asd123qw lkjgre5u g8je7hlt 488dkr0p Basically, keeping... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: teiji
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split and Rename files using Terminal and bin/bash

I have a file named Me_thread_spell.txt that I want to split into smaller files. I want it to be split in each place there is a ;;;. For example, blah blah blah ;;; blah bhlah hlabl awasnceuir asenduhfoijhacseiodnbfxasd;;; oabwcuhaweoir;;; This full file would be three separate files... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mschpers
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

string manipulation in bash shell

Hi All, I am using a bash shell and want to the following thing. A process sends the following string to my script BACKUP_FAIL_REASON="Failed - Application Dump CDMACA-0:grep: /opt/nortel/ca/data/1245184/sd00/image1/S110907070708HIS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pkumar Sachin
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

split string into array in shell

Hi all, I want to split a string into array based on given delimiter, for example: String: "foo|bar|baz" with delimiter "|" into array: strArr to strArr with values foo, bar and baz. Thanks a lot. Roy987 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roy987
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oneliner ---split string to character by piping shell output to perl

Hello, I was trying to split a string to characters by perl oneliner. echo "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" | perl -e 'split // ' But did not work as with bash script pipe: echo "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" | fold -w1 | sort | uniq -ic 8 1 T 1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split files using shell script?

solid top facet normal 0 1 0 outer loop vertex 0 1 0 vertex 1 1 1 vertex 1 1 0 endloop endfacet facet normal 0 1 0 outer loop vertex 0 1 0 vertex 0 1 1 vertex 1 1 1 endloop endfacet endsolid top solid bottom facet normal 0 -1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxUser_
3 Replies
ROUNDUP-SERVER(1)					      General Commands Manual						 ROUNDUP-SERVER(1)

NAME
roundup-demo - create a roundup "demo" tracker and launch its web interface SYNOPSIS
roundup-demo [backend [nuke]] OPTIONS
nuke Create a fresh demo tracker (deleting the existing one if any). If the additional backend argument is specified, the new demo tracker will use the backend named (one of "anydbm", "sqlite", "metakit", "mysql" or "postgresql"; subject to availability on your system). DESCRIPTION
This command creates a fresh demo tracker for you to experiment with. The email features of Roundup will be turned off (so the nosy feature won't send email). It does this by removing the nosyreaction.py module from the demo tracker's detectors directory. If you wish, you may modify the demo tracker by editing its configuration files and HTML templates. See the customisation manual for infor- mation about how to do that. Once you've fiddled with the demo tracker, you may use it as a template for creating your real, live tracker. Simply run the roundup-admin command to install the tracker from inside the demo tracker home directory, and it will be listed as an available template for installa- tion. No data will be copied over. AUTHOR
This manpage was written by Richard Jones <richard@users.sourceforge.net>. 27 July 2004 ROUNDUP-SERVER(1)