Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Executable files
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Executable files Post 302142776 by drl on Monday 29th of October 2007 02:15:59 PM
Old 10-29-2007
Hi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by porter
There are CPUs ...
There are object file formats...
Then there are CPU modes...
And there is Executable - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ... cheers, drl

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Cannot translate Unix executable files

Help!! I loaded OS X Panther on my Mac G4 and found that many files previously saved as txt files were inadventently converted to Unix executable files. When I try to read these in Word, the Word filters cannot recognize or translate the file properly. Does anyone know how to translate these files?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Steven Greenber
1 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Converting Unix executable files

I loaded OS X Panther on my Mac G4 and found that many files previously saved as Word or Word Perfect files were inadventently converted to Unix executable files. When I try to read these in Word, it cannot recognize or translate the file properly. Does anyone know how to translate these files? Is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Steven Greenber
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding executable files in all directories

This is probably very easy but I would like to know a way to list all my files in all my directories that are readable and executable to everyone. I was told to use find or ls and I tried some stuff but couldnt get it to work. I understand that its dangerous to have files with these permissions for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CSGUY
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

listing executable files in unix.

How to list out the files which are not accessed for the last n days? and How to list out all the executable files in a directory? can anyone help me on the above? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

executable files

hello. My question, basically is: what is the definition of unix/linux exec files, or what makes a file executable? More specifically, must a unix source file that was compiled using gcc have exec permissions in order to be considered executable? Is it right to say that a unix/linux exec file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nadavkri
1 Replies

6. AIX

Executable doesn't complete on large files

Good morning, I have an executable called DataExport (not that the name means much), but anyhow, it is a job that runs to call oracle stored procs which then export data out to a text file. Depending on which export is calling the DataExport, different stored procs are run. Exports 1, 2 and 3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: philplasma
2 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

File Looping - Looking for executable files - Need help

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! Hello all, I have posted here before and really was blown away by the amount of assistance I received. I was able to finish my homework without a problem! But, yet again, our... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bob07
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with sorting executable files in shell

Hi!I'm new in this forum,also in shell scripting! :P I'd like to help me with an issue!the project wants to make a variable with a directory(any) and then print all executable files of this directory,sorted by size!Thank you! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: strawhatluffy
8 Replies

9. Red Hat

ACLs - How can i create new executable files

Hello experts, I would like to know if is possible to create a default acl rule to a directory. in this directory all files created should have executable permissions by the group IT. i tried setfacl -m d:g:it:rwx /files tried to change the mask setfacl -m m::rwx /files but i still... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: berveglieri
3 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.5 2011-08-13 URI::URL(3)