Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Increment date in 'for' loop? Post 302142767 by aigles on Monday 29th of October 2007 01:27:23 PM
Old 10-29-2007
Numbers statrting with 0 are evaluated as octal numbers : 070820 is an invalid octal number.

A solution is to force decimal base evaluation :
Code:
#!/bin/sh

startdate=10#`/bin/date --date="10 weeks ago" +%y%m%d`
currentdate=10#`/bin/date +%y%m%d`
mainfolder=/data/backup
mainftp=/ftp/upload/ftpsystem1

for ((foldate=$startdate; $foldate < $currentdate; foldate++))
do
   mkdir $mainfolder/$foldate/system1
   mv $mainftp/*$foldate* $mainfolder/$foldate/system1
done

This script will not give you any error, but i am not sure that the result is what you are expected.
Incrementng the date will give you invalid dates, for example :
070831+1=070832 <= Invalid date
Jean-Pierre.

Last edited by aigles; 10-29-2007 at 03:03 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment nested for loop parllely

Hi , I am trying to increment the nested for loops parellely,but i cant ,i used continue 2 but the second loop not getting increment. no1="1 6 5 4 8" no2="4 7 8 0 1" for var1 in $no1 ; do for var2 in $no2 ; do line1 line 2 line 3 continue 2 done done Please help on this (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmahendran
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to increment a user defined date value in the DATE format itself using shell script?

I need to increment a date value through shell script. Input value consist of start date and end date in DATE format of unix. For eg. I need increment a date value of 1/1/09 to 31/12/09 i.e for a whole yr. The output must look like 1/1/09 2/2/09 . . . 31/1/09 . . 1/2/09 . 28/2/09... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunil087
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment date in script

Hi, Iam new to scripting language.:o can someone help me out solving this thread?hopingly ya....:) I want to write a script which connects to db and searches the count in a table which has date column and id column. If the count is not equal to 0 then it should increment the date with the one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyothi_wipro
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment in date

Hi, I have a variable lets say DATA_DATE. I have to pass some value to this variable in YYYYMMDD format. lets say today I have passed this variable as : DATA_DATE=20100107 Then pls help me how to calculate another variable DATA_DATE1 (which is DATA_DATE+1). The code should work... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 46019
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date increment

hi Friends, Today_Dt=`date "+%Y-%m-%d"` So the Today date is 2010-05-03 I have a file which has date values as below 2010-04-27 2010-04-02 2010-04-18 2010-04-28 2010-04-29 .. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gopal_Engg
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to update date part with new increment date time

hi experts, my requirement is like this i need to develop a shell script to update date part with new incremental date time in file some 'X' which is kept at some server location incrementing every two hours.as i am new to this scripting i need support from u people,thanx in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amanmro
1 Replies

7. Programming

[Xquery] How to do a increment in a For loop

Hello men. How can i build a simple increment for $a by Xquery such as ? let $a := 0 for $i in (1 to 10) let $a := $a + 1 return $a why a in this loop always is '1' Thank you for reading, its will really helpful for my job if i can solve this problem :D:D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tien86
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

For/While Loop to Increment Filenames in a Script

Daily stupid question. I want to increment the file name everytime the script is run. So for example if the filename is manager.log and I run the script, I want the next sequence to be manager.log1. So to be clear I only want it to increment when the script is executed. So ./script... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to increment date using "for loop" in format MMDDYY inside the shell script?

Need to increment the date from "currentdate + 90days" inside the for loop (i=1 to i=50) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aroragaurav.84
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parallel increment of nested for loop

Hi, I am using solaris 5.10 environment and need help on doing parallel increment of nested for loop. Samples #inside the code the values assigned to a variable by another awk command will be like a=/xyz/pg/as /xyz/pg/as2 /xyz/pg/as3 b=/xyz/sd/fd1 /xyz/sd/fd2 /xyz/sd/fd3 for q in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ananan
1 Replies
DATETIMEINTERFACE.FORMAT(3)						 1					       DATETIMEINTERFACE.FORMAT(3)

DateTime::format - Returns date formatted according to given format

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public string DateTime::format (string $format) DESCRIPTION
string DateTimeImmutable::format (string $format) string DateTimeInterface::format (string $format) Procedural style string date_format (DateTimeInterface $object, string $format) Returns date formatted according to given format. PARAMETERS
o $object -Procedural style only: A DateTime object returned by date_create(3) o $format - Format accepted by date(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns the formatted date string on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 DateTimeInterface.format(3) example Object oriented style <?php $date = new DateTime('2000-01-01'); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:s'); ?> Procedural style <?php $date = date_create('2000-01-01'); echo date_format($date, 'Y-m-d H:i:s'); ?> The above example will output: 2000-01-01 00:00:00 NOTES
This method does not use locales. All output is in English. SEE ALSO
date(3). PHP Documentation Group DATETIMEINTERFACE.FORMAT(3)