Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting embeding awk script in perl program Post 302142717 by jaganadh on Monday 29th of October 2007 09:26:05 AM
Old 10-29-2007
Collegues
Thank you for the kind reply and solutions.

Jaganadh.G
Linguist

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to invoke a perl script from java program

Hi: I need to invoke a perl script from a java applet program in UNIX operating system.. Can you please suggest me!!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: grajesh_955
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

embeding shell script in makefile

Hi I am new to shell scripting and makefile. I want a command's output in makefile to process further, can anyone plz suggest me a way ? I want ls -d *.dsm output in a variable and want to process it in makefile itself. It's urgent Thanks In advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu12345
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can you run a unix script from a perl program

Hi all i have a unix script reformatter.sh i have a process whereby this script reformats a file before a perl program is used to update it i am having a little problem automating the entire process . is there a way whereby i can call the unix script from the perl program ? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwightja24
12 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling a c program using perl script

On bash I run precompiled c Program as follows: ./create_cust 1 10000 US S > us_cust.csv create_cust is a c program and requires 4 parameters. I am redirecting the output of this program to csv file I need to run this same program in perl I am aware of exec command though not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkbond
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing program with Perl script but needs user input

Hello, I'm running a perl script to execute a program through my Unix command line. The program requires a user input but I want to automatically have perl input the string. Is there a way to do this? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leonard2352
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling perl script in shell program

How to call a perl script in shell program / shell scripting. PLS HELP ME (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hravisankar
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Launch a windows program from perl script

Hi i wanted to know if any one can give me an example on how to launch a windows program in a perl script. I wanted to open the nmap software on my computer with a perl script, i heard this can be done with the system function. Would the function be in this format: $text =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingbp
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script timer on program launch

So I am attempting to get a short but complex perl script to be able to time out an application that I will launch from a command line. The terminal I use is MKS C SHELL and I am having trouble doing the a job spawn that will launch the application and keep time on it. I know you could do this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vas28r13
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl program to run a Shell script issues...

Hi all, I have the following Perl script which is intended to run a Shell script and generate some logging for the purposes of tracking weather or not the script ran. I get an error, of course, since I don't know what I'm doing really. Here is the code: #!/opt/perl/bin/perl -w ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk program in perl

Hi All, I have an AWK code snippet which I want to use in Perl. How can I achieve the same thing in perl? Here I am searching for a pattern in a file and from that matching line, I am extracting the 3rd column value and storing it in a variable which I later on use this value in a if condition. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanzee007
2 Replies
xcb_screensaver_query_info(3)					   XCB Requests 				     xcb_screensaver_query_info(3)

NAME
xcb_screensaver_query_info - SYNOPSIS
#include <xcb/screensaver.h> Request function xcb_screensaver_query_info_cookie_t xcb_screensaver_query_info(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_drawable_t drawable); Reply datastructure typedef struct xcb_screensaver_query_info_reply_t { uint8_t response_type; uint8_t state; uint16_t sequence; uint32_t length; xcb_window_t saver_window; uint32_t ms_until_server; uint32_t ms_since_user_input; uint32_t event_mask; uint8_t kind; uint8_t pad0[7]; } xcb_screensaver_query_info_reply_t; Reply function xcb_screensaver_query_info_reply_t *xcb_screensaver_query_info_reply(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_screensaver_query_info_cookie_t cookie, xcb_generic_error_t **e); REQUEST ARGUMENTS
conn The XCB connection to X11. drawable TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. REPLY FIELDS
response_type The type of this reply, in this case XCB_SCREENSAVER_QUERY_INFO. This field is also present in the xcb_generic_reply_t and can be used to tell replies apart from each other. sequence The sequence number of the last request processed by the X11 server. length The length of the reply, in words (a word is 4 bytes). state TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. saver_window TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. ms_until_server TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. ms_since_user_input TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. event_mask TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. kind TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. DESCRIPTION
RETURN VALUE
Returns an xcb_screensaver_query_info_cookie_t. Errors have to be handled when calling the reply function xcb_screensaver_query_info_reply. If you want to handle errors in the event loop instead, use xcb_screensaver_query_info_unchecked. See xcb-requests(3) for details. ERRORS
This request does never generate any errors. SEE ALSO
AUTHOR
Generated from screensaver.xml. Contact xcb@lists.freedesktop.org for corrections and improvements. XCB
2014-06-10 xcb_screensaver_query_info(3)