Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Error: No Route to host...urgent {socket() connection} Post 302142715 by arunchaudhary19 on Monday 29th of October 2007 09:14:30 AM
Old 10-29-2007
Error: No Route to host...urgent {socket() connection}

hello,

I am doing Socket programming..
when I am establishing a socket connection using TCP protocol ...I am getting
Error :: No route to host. at the client side during connect() call...........that it is returning -1.
So I thing problem lies here......but what to do now...

So for just checking the connection I am tried with ping and telnet:::

when I am doing ping 192.9.100.113.......... i.e server ip its working fine...

and when using telnet...[root@localhost /]# telnet 192.9.100.113
Trying 192.9.100.113...
telnet: connect to address 192.9.100.113: No route to host
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: No route to host..

then also same problem

So, where is the problem and how to solve it.....please tell me in detail....

thanks & regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

add route gives target: Host name lookup failure

We need to add our remote office to our linux routing table. Our internal office ip addresses are all in the range of 198.9.200.x with an subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 the remote office has ip addresses in the range of 192.168.0.0 and also a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 when i use the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: progressdll
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

no route to host

I not able to ping outside the internet. i am able to ping my 192. ip address. when i try to ping a 68. ip address i get no route to host. what should i do to correct this issue. I have sco openserver 5.05 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: scoman2
6 Replies

3. Red Hat

No route to host

I get below error when using telnet and ssh ?? Why ? the ip address of linux server is 10.155.25.22 =tstgcota ?? # netstat -rn Kernel IP routing table Destination Gateway Genmask Flags MSS Window irtt Iface 192.168.75.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
6 Replies

4. Programming

socket() No Route to host ??

Hello, My program should connect to a server. here's the code : int main(int argc, char *argv){ int sock = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, 0); if(sock == -1){ perror("socket()"); exit(errno); } printf("retour socket = %d",sock); struct sockaddr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nowayy
1 Replies

5. AIX

problem with host route

Hi, I have a system with network interfaces en0 and en1 en0: physical ip: 1.1.1.10 virtual ip1: 192.168.100.11 virtual ip2: 192.168.100.12 en1: physical ip: 1.1.1.20 virtual ip1: 192.168.100.20 virtual ip2: 192.168.100.21 default gateway ist 192.168.100.254 when I open a... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
12 Replies

6. IP Networking

IP forwarding Route/Host ?

I have a unix machine that operates some CNC machines, I need to hook up my windows machine through core ftp to load programs onto the box. The card i need to route to for the FTP on unix is tu1 I need to check the routing tables on the unix box to see which IP address will automatically... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moticulus
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No route to host - mail error

A linux box is supposed to emailing the results of backups to the windows exchange server, but nothing arrives. it never has, as the muppet who set up the Windows domain knew nothing about linux. I know only slightly more than that... pretty sure sendmail is the daemon running to handle mail. it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Noewon
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

"Network error: No route to host" While connecting guest RHEL4 using putty

Hi, I have installed RHEL4 using vmware workstation.. Host OS: Windows XP Guest OS: RHEL4 Pls refer step 17 & 18 in below link... ORACLE-BASE - Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 and Centos 4 Installation 1) If i choose to assign IP automatically (using DHCP) means, i am able to connect RHEL4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Connection closed by host error in rhel 6 Linux

Hi All, I am new to Redhat Enterprise Linux 6 version. I am facing an issue with my lab server which is having RHEL6 lab1:root> uname -a Linux lab1 2.6.32-358.18.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Aug 2 17:04:38 EDT 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux I am getting this error for every 18 minutes 30... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: go2suresh1979
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet error- Escape character is '^]' and connection closed by foreign host

In program, I want to telnet the ports present in telnet.txt file and capture screenshot of open port which is opened on new terminal. Problems: Escape character is '^]' and Connection closed by foreign host. Loop is not working properly. It only take one ports and closed the connection. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk151993
9 Replies
Regexp::Common::URI::telnet(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Regexp::Common::URI::telnet(3pm)

NAME
Regexp::Common::URI::telnet -- Returns a pattern for telnet URIs. SYNOPSIS
use Regexp::Common qw /URI/; while (<>) { /$RE{URI}{telnet}/ and print "Contains a telnet URI. "; } DESCRIPTION
$RE{URI}{telnet} Returns a pattern that matches telnet URIs, as defined by RFC 1738. Telnet URIs have the form: "telnet:" "//" [ user [ ":" password ] "@" ] host [ ":" port ] [ "/" ] Under "{-keep}", the following are returned: $1 The complete URI. $2 The scheme. $3 The username:password combo, or just the username if there is no password. $4 The username, if given. $5 The password, if given. $6 The host:port combo, or just the host if there's no port. $7 The host. $8 The port, if given. $9 The trailing slash, if any. REFERENCES
[RFC 1738] Berners-Lee, Tim, Masinter, L., McCahill, M.: Uniform Resource Locators (URL). December 1994. SEE ALSO
Regexp::Common::URI for other supported URIs. AUTHOR
Damian Conway (damian@conway.org) MAINTAINANCE
This package is maintained by Abigail (regexp-common@abigail.be). BUGS AND IRRITATIONS
Bound to be plenty. LICENSE and COPYRIGHT This software is Copyright (c) 2001 - 2009, Damian Conway and Abigail. This module is free software, and maybe used under any of the following licenses: 1) The Perl Artistic License. See the file COPYRIGHT.AL. 2) The Perl Artistic License 2.0. See the file COPYRIGHT.AL2. 3) The BSD Licence. See the file COPYRIGHT.BSD. 4) The MIT Licence. See the file COPYRIGHT.MIT. perl v5.14.2 2010-02-23 Regexp::Common::URI::telnet(3pm)