Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Uninstalling Vendor Software
Operating Systems Solaris Uninstalling Vendor Software Post 302142663 by hmaiida on Monday 29th of October 2007 04:40:45 AM
Old 10-29-2007
can you please give me example of tracing an install binary program to see where it installs it's files on the file system?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help Uninstalling Linux!

Hello, I have a laptop running Fedora Core 2, and I am trying to wipe it to put on Windows. Even though the CD is listed first in the boot order, it will not boot to the Solaris system disk. How else could I format this laptop? -skeet (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skeet23
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Uninstalling packages (.tar.gz)

Hi, I still don't know if there's a standard way to do this. I'm hoping there's a *more or less* standard way to do this across linux platforms but the platform in question is Gentoo. Let's say I download a source tarball as tar.gz and I do the typical gunzip app_to_install.tar.gz tar xvf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: d11wtq
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Perl Installing, Uninstalling

I have some problems with mysql, and maybe perl installation faults. I have installed perl by source. I followed default configuration (e.g. ./configure, make, make install). I have installed perl just because it was required for mysql's installation. But now I have some problems. If I will... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kisoun
8 Replies

4. Debian

Uninstalling programs?

How can I uninstall a program the most efficient way? So that I get rid of all the man pages etc. too? I'm running debian. /Richard (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: riwa
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Uninstalling Mysql 5.0.15 tar file

Hi Everyone, I want to uninstall mysql-standard-5.0.15-linux-i686.tar. The problem is i don't no how to uninstall tar file. I know how to uninstall it through rpm but we have a binary file. can we use make uninstall or remove comand to do so? Or there is some other way of unistalling tar files.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atul.saxena
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

more intelligent way of uninstalling a RPM

Hi all, I'm writing an uninstaller for a bespoke piece of software that we deploy to our Linux terminals. One of the packages we install is the JDK (Java Development Kit). Now over the years we have quite a number of different versions installed with different package names. In my uninstaller... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: _Spare_Ribs_
0 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

Uninstalling OpenSSH on Tru64

Hi Can anyone point me to any documentation or can provide instructions on uninstalling OpenSSH (4.7p1) on Tru64 UNIX 5.1a? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sgajraj
0 Replies

8. Linux

Uninstalling a broken software rpm in Linux

Hi, I have a installed a package(some X) on my linux machine. But now I want to unistall it but some of the file required for unistalltion are missing. Can someone tell me how to remove that rpm (package) from my machine. I am trying Install it again. But for it, i need to uninstall it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recompiling and uninstalling existing applications

Hi everyone, I'm new-ish to Unix outside of being a basic user in the past. So some background on my experience level when asking this question. My current laptop, running OS X 10.5, had Apache and PHP installed when I bought it. However I need to recompile these now to add features which... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: werdenaz
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)