Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX rc.log problem about autostart script Post 302142632 by Frank2004 on Sunday 28th of October 2007 11:27:46 PM
Old 10-29-2007
rc.log problem about autostart script

On HP-UX, we add some our autostart scripts in the system script under /sbin/rc*.d directory. The output of application is redirected to /dev/null in our script,but once the application has been startup with the OS starting,its ouput is redirected to the /etc/rc.log finally and cause the rc.log too large, anyone know how to write the output to null file instead of rc.log?
thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Unix autostart in GUI mode

hi, i'm a newbie in UNIX. i have a disk crash and re-install the unix. But the new installation does not boot the server automatically. Then i set the auto-boot to true, and it's ok. But now the system is booting in text mode. Before this, when i type boot, the system is booting in GUI mode.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lwll
2 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Autostart/Autorun Applications

I have developed a CD that runs both Windows and Mac software. I would like it to function as an autorun/autostart; I do not have a problem with the Windows code, but I do for the Mac. I do not feel like investing a couple of hundred $$$ into software, when, I am sure that several lines of UNIX... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HornetDr
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Oracle Autostart Problem

Hi All, I am running HP-UX 11i v2. I installed oracle 10g over it. I was having a startup script from oracle 8i which i modified and copied in /sbin/init.d . In /etc/oratab also I did "Y" for autostart. But still the script isn't starting oracle. As such if i run script from shell prompt, it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankurjain
1 Replies

4. AIX

Autostart of LPAR

Hi, I have 2 lpars on my AIX that needs to be started manually after each reboot. Because the servers are storing the NFS and NIS info, other servers won't run correctly until they start up. I found in IBM documentation the steps to make it automatic. My question is, I want to know if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahzzbietel
2 Replies

5. AIX

service/process management -autostart at startup

Hi, I want to modify some of the services/processes (related to the oracle database) to start automatically at the startup of the server. which commands may help me? which commands do I need to use? my server configuration is, in brief: hardware:IBM P550 / OS : AIX 5300 thanks,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talipk
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Autostart MySQL db on restart or startup

Could not find a good explanation that was Solaris specified. Need to add MySQL to start up on system startup or restart. I was gone for a few days from work and someone decided to relocate the server. When it came back up, of course mysql was down. On my previous linux systems I always just had... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ippy98
2 Replies

7. Debian

Iomega ix2-200 Custom Debian - Autostart script in init.d not Working

!!Hello Everyone!! I Recently purchased a Iomega iX2-200 NAS that runs a custom debian installed by Iomega (Linux Debian 5.0.2 ( 2.6.22.18 armv5tejl)) . I have SSH access. I installed Transmission since the factory installed torrents manager that Iomega uses is terrible. Transmission-daemon... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stejimenez
1 Replies

8. Programming

autostart script for stopped services

I need script that to start the stopped service when its stopped. This script always controls status of service. For example nagios service stopped script have to start nagios service. And It can send an email for notification when stopped. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
6 Replies

9. AIX

sshd autostart problem

Hello, AIX 6.1 sshd worked fine. Then I upgraded my AIX from 6100-02-04-0920 to 6100-03-10-1119 successfully(no errors, nothing unusual). After reboot sshd was not started, 3 errors in errpt: # lssrc -s sshd Subsystem Group PID Status sshd ssh ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Problem with log file script

Hi, I have a log file that i'd like to monitor for a string. Now the log file rolls over everytime the server is restarted, so i'm doing a reverse list and then reading the latest log file. So for the code, the log file is 'test1.txt'. I check for the string and pipe to black hole (>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: horhif
2 Replies
sysidconfig(1M) 														   sysidconfig(1M)

NAME
sysidconfig - execute system configuration applications, or define set of system configuration applications SYNOPSIS
sysidconfig [-lv] [-a application] [-b basedir] [-r application] Invoked without any options, the sysidconfig program executes a list of applications. An application on this list is referred to as a "sys- tem configuration application." Every application on this list will be passed one command-line argument, -c. This flag will cause the sys- tem configuration application to perform its configuration function. Without options, sysidconfig should only be invoked by startup scripts, which occurs during the initial installation and during a reconfigure reboot. All applications on the list will be executed, if possible. All activity taken by the sysidconfig program is logged in the sysidconfig log file, /var/log/sysidconfig.log. If one or more of the applications on the list are either not present at execution time, are not exe- cutable, or execute but return a failure code upon completion, then that information will be logged as well. Successful completion of the program can be assumed if no error message is present in the log file. Programs are executed sequentially, with only one configuration application active at a time. Executed with the -l, -a, or -r options, the sysidconfig program allows the super-user to list the defined configuration applications, and to add items to or remove items from that list. Running sysidconfig with options is the only way to view or manipulate the list. Only the super-user can execute the sysidconfig program with options. The -b and -v options change the behavior of sysidconfig, and can be used with or without the list manipulation options discussed above. The -b basedir option is used to specify a reference root directory other than the default, /. The -v option duplicates the log file output on stdout. By default, no SPARC based applications exist on this list. However, the based systems are delivered with one application, kdmconfig(1M), on the list. kdmconfig is not delivered on SPARC based systems. This application is an extension of the sysidtool(1M) suite of programs. It is executed during initial installation and during a reconfig- ure reboot, before the window system has been started. Graphical User Interface (GUI) applications will not execute successfully if they are added to the list of configuration applications via sysidconfig -a. This program is referenced, but not fully described, in the sysidtool(1M) manual page. The valid options are: -a application Add the named application to the list of defined applications. When next invoked without arguments, sysidconfig will run this newly added application after all previously defined applications. application must be a fully qualified path name that is not currently on the list of applications to execute. -b basedir Specify an alternate base directory (/ is defined as the default base directory if no other is specified). The specified directory is used as the root directory when adding, listing, removing, or executing configuration applications. The log file where information is recorded is in /var/log, relative to the specified basedir. In the log file, the basedir is not noted. This means, for example, that if the super-user on a diskless client's server executes: sysidconfig -b /export/root/client -a /sbin/someapp then the diskless client client would have /sbin/someapp executed upon reconfigure reboot. The diskless client's log file would note that /sbin/someapp was added, not /export/root/client/sbin/someapp. Note - The root file system of any non-global zones must not be referenced with the -b option. Doing so might damage the global zone's file system, might compromise the security of the global zone, and might damage the non-global zone's file system. See zones(5). -l List defined configuration applications. Applications will be executed one at a time, in the order shown in the list. -r application Remove the named application from the list of defined applications. application must be a fully qualified path name and it must be on the existing list of applications to execute. -v Verbose mode. This option echoes all information sent to the log file to stdout. Such information includes timestamp infor- mation about when the program was executed, the names of applications being executed, and results of those executions. The sysidconfig program will return 0 if it completes successfully. When executed with the -r or -a options, error conditions or warnings will be reported on stderr. If the requested action completes suc- cessfully, an exit code of 0 will be returned. EPERM The program was executed by a user other than the super-user. EINVAL Option -l, -a, or -r was passed and the action could not be completed successfully. /var/log/sysidconfig.log sysidconfig log file See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWadmap | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ sys-unconfig(1M), sysidtool(1M), attributes(5) Only kdmconfig(1M) When run without options, a log of the sysidconfig program's activity can be found in /var/log/sysidconfig.log. This file contains a time- stamp log of each program executed, its resulting stderr output, and its exit code. If an application in the list was not found or is not executable, that will also be noted. 6 Apr 2005 sysidconfig(1M)