Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: quick answer
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers quick answer Post 302142628 by DarkestEvil on Sunday 28th of October 2007 08:50:29 PM
Old 10-28-2007
quick answer

i know by posting this people are going to get mad at me but, when i try to download unix for my Windows XP i find a whole bunch of files that i dont know what to do with, so please help, sorry if this has already been posted... or is a stupid question Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

can any one answer ????

Q.1 Diffrence between terminal and pseudo-terminal ? Q.2 What is terminal login ? What is a netwok Login ? Q.3 What is meant by baud rate of a terminal ? Q.4 which structure is used for job control in Unix/Linux ?and where these structure are means in which directory ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobile01
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Can anybody answer this.....

Hi i am trying the threads concept in unix environment using C... but i am getting error of "wait_fd: Couldn't find procinfo for fd 24"... what does this error mean..... help me in solving this issue... Thanks in advance shivamasam (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivamasam
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Answer them if u can...

Try to answer these questions on Unix: 1.what will be the segment() function do? 2.How Unix is more powerful than Windows? 3.Where ownership details will be stored of a particular file in Unix? 4.State different uses of ^ symbol in regular expressions. 5.What does export command used for?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreambig
5 Replies

4. Programming

How do I get system answer in c

How do I get the answer of a system call that is printed in the terminal? for example: I execute system("pwd"); and get the answer /home/user/ But because I need to send this result to somewhere, I need to store it in a string. Thanks in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eldaran
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help me to answer this

Hello everyone I update my question. Thanks for your reply joeyg If I type the last command and send to a text file. I get this last >usuarios.txt root pts/0 160.40.35.277 May 22 11:08 still logged in. root pts/0 alopez02 May 22 09:23 - 10:11 (00:47) root pts/0 160.40.35.277 May 20... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can any one please answer these questions

6.nohup cmn is used to Prot execn of pgm frm aborting when hangup s/g is rxd Not hangup modem Disconn a node frm s/m Chng execn prev of pgm .wat is the o/p? Cut -d”” -f3 file1/sort -r Display 3rd col of file 1 in asc order Disp 3rd col of file 1 in desc Not ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: techguru
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I welcome all to answer my Q's

Hi everyone,, I am new to the forum...but not to Unix. I have gathered few questions from my mates who attended interviews in various companies as I have to attend one on dec 3rd for Sys admin position. Please respond with the answers you know and also help with various other interview... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: impawan
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

hi, answer format

command is : echo "BACBE03,IS38341," ; cat /home/oaydin/cha/response/gec/stp_BACBE03.txt | grep IS38341 | awk '{print $2}' ; grep -c IS38341 /home/oaydin/cha/response/gec/tx_BACBE03.txt answer is : BACBE03,IS38341, ACTIVE 4 I need format : BACBE03,IS38341,ACTIVE,4 help please (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ozcanaydin
7 Replies
KITSEND(1)                                                    General Commands Manual                                                   KITSEND(1)

NAME
kitpost - posts distribution kits SYNOPSIS
kitpost [ -hrV ] [ -H file ] [ -D desc ] [ -m dest1,dest2 ] [ kits ] [ newsgroups ] DESCRIPTION
Kitpost posts distribution kits made by makedist to some (source) newsgroups specified on the command line. If you do not specify any kit list, then all the kits are sent. Otherwise, only the specified kits will be (re)sent. A kit list may include ranges, 1-10 specifying kits 1 through 10, and 5- meaning kits 5 up to the last one. You may also specify kit num- bers by separating them with commas or spaces, and even mix with ranges, such as: 1 3 5-7 9. Kitpost ensures correct References: lines are inserted in your postings so that all parts but the first point to the root article. Threaded newsreaders and end-users traditionally appreciate that. OPTIONS
The following options are recognized by kitpost: -h Print help message and exit. -m dest1,destn Sends kits by e-mail to the specified recipients. This option may be used in conjunction with newsgroup posting. It is mainly intended for sites where direct posting to a moderated newsgroup is not allowed by inews. You may thus send your kits to the newsgroup moderator in a form that will ease the whole posting process. -r Signals a repost. -D description Specify a description string that will be added to the subject line. Usually a brief sentence (less than, say, 40 characters). -H file Specify a file to be used as header introduction in the first part of your posting. Usually the root README file. -V Print version number and exit. BUGS
Article cross-referencing is properly set-up only when the whole package is (re)posted in one batch. It is not currently possible to set-up the article headers manually or better, interactively. AUTHOR
Raphael Manfredi <ram@hptnos02.grenoble.hp.com> SEE ALSO
makedist(1), kitsend(1). ram KITSEND(1)